Official College Football Chat Thread

Hey 'Bama fans- I compliment all of you on your sportsmanship. It was a close game, and it could have gone either way. I earlier said that the difference was going to be the coaches, but I now take that back. The difference was in the quarterbacks. What more can anyone say about Tebow? Tebow deserves another Heisman!

Congratulations 'Bama on going to the Sugar Bowl. Nothing wrong with that. And Utah? It will be this year's version of Georgia vs. Hawaii! Have fun in the Big Easy.

I like a lot of the other bowl match-ups, too. We have a lot of good football coming up.

And no offense to your team, Polynesian Pixie, but the fan turnout at the ACC championship in Tampa was a disgrace. I don't think there were 30,000 fans there. Contrast that to the SEC championship game, or even the Big 12.

I haven't watched the Sooners play much this season. I like Bob Stoops. Should be another good, hard fought game. Go Gators!

TCD

TCD, I agree. Bama has a decent QB, but Tebow is an unbelievable ball player. I knew we didn't match your talent this year, but I think we made up for it with heart. It was a great ballgame. I was just glad Bama made it that far, no one including Saban thought we would win this many games this year. I hope you guys go bring that trophy back to the SEC, and maybe we beat the stuffing out of Utah, and end up #2.

I just heard that Turner Gill, University of Buffalo's coach, is interviewing at Auburn. Probably won't happen but I wish it would.

Who hasn't Auburn interview recently? Geesh! Gill is the best candidate so far, but who knows what they are up to. I just wish they would get someone and get it over with quick. Recruits are leaving fast and not coming back. We need some stability and soon. We can thank our lovely trustees for this mess.

The Aubs may have there man!

Reports are that Gene Chizik, former Auburn defensive coordinator and current Iowa State head coach, has been selected over Turner Gill at Buffalo. Chizik went 2-10 last year and lost his last 10 in a row going 0-8 in the Big 10.

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHA :rotfl2:

Shoulda hired Gill.

Bowl games start next weekend, thank goodness.

Bama ED

Okay Gators, you are going to have beat OU for us Texas fans! Then we will have both beat them!
I was disappointed in the Heisman winner. Next year...

Hey Jen, what are your feelings on the Auburn hire. I was a little surprised. I just don't see running a coach off like Tuberville, to hire Gene Chizik. Oh well, I hope he turns out better for you guys than it appears.

Some random thoughts/observations from the past weekend's developments in college football:

1. I somehow never knew that the Heisman voters vote for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place candidate. Something seems wrong with the fact that the candidate with the most first place votes did not win the award. :confused3

2. Did the nut-job screaming "BOOMER" multiple time after the winner was announced at the Heisman award ceremony (Billy Simms?) do a good enough job making a fool out of himself and ruining the moment for the winner? Sheez! That was annoying, disturbing, and embarrassing. What is that? Some kind of cheer that the Okies do at their games? Very nice. If I was the Heisman Czar, I would revoke the award on that basis alone.

3. What is Auburn thinking? I feel sorry for Gene Chizik already. BTW, he was a year or two ahead of Mrs. TCD at Clearwater High School here in Florida. He then played at UF, and began his coaching career at a local high school here in my county. He is a good man, and probably has some connections in Florida which will help with recruiting, but that poor man has his work cut out for him. Good luck with that.

TCD

Hey Jen, what are your feelings on the Auburn hire. I was a little surprised. I just don't see running a coach off like Tuberville, to hire Gene Chizik. Oh well, I hope he turns out better for you guys than it appears.

They wanted a yes man, and now they have one. That is all I am going to say about that. ( in my best Forrest Gump voice...)

The Aubs may have there man!

Reports are that Gene Chizik, former Auburn defensive coordinator and current Iowa State head coach, has been selected over Turner Gill at Buffalo. Chizik went 2-10 last year and lost his last 10 in a row going 0-8 in the Big 10.

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHA :rotfl2:

Shoulda hired Gill.

Bowl games start next weekend, thank goodness.

Bama ED

Boy, aren't we all condescending now that the streak is over!

OU fan here. How can anyone be disappointed with Bradford winning the Heisman Trophy. He put up 48 TDs this year and oh by the way he plays for the team that set the NCAA record for scoring. I think all the canidates were very qualified this year but the guy who had the best year did win.

The first person to give the winner a hug and congrats was last year's winner. If that doesn't say something about the class of a person, I don't know what does.

Boy, aren't we all condescending now that the streak is over!

Condescending? Nah, it's just that after having been through so many coaching searches over the last decade I recognize a botched hire and the spin that goes with it when I see it.

:3dglasses Bowl games start Saturday!

Bama ED

Condescending? Nah, it's just that after having been through so many coaching searches over the last decade I recognize a botched hire and the spin that goes with it when I see it.

:3dglasses Bowl games start Saturday!

Bama ED

uh huh

Some of ya'll might find this interesting :-)

FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) - Former Auburn coach Terry Bowden is hoping to finally get a championship.

Bowden was introduced Thursday as the head coach at Division II power North Alabama after a decade-long absence from coaching. He replaces Mark Hudspeth, who left to become an assistant at Mississippi State.

The longtime broadcaster and college football columnist said he got the desire to get back into coaching about two years ago. Bowden interviewed to replace Rich Rodriguez at his alma mater West Virginia last year.

Bowden takes over a program that made it to the Division II semifinals this past season.

Bowden won his first 20 games at Auburn after taking over for the 1993 season. The Tigers were on probation and not eligible for postseason play.

UNA is my Alma Mater :-)

My daughter played softball on scholarship at UNA the last 4 years. Great school and sports programs. Hudspeth will be missed, but I think Bowden should do an outstanding job there.

Holy Frapuccino! Did I actually see the Huskers struggle and stumble, then adjust at the half and bring it back to win?????? I thought that had been outlawed here.

Hail to the Bo Brothers! :worship:

I never thought I'd say this, but GO GATORS!! (I'm rootin for the SEC!!!)

OK ---- Oklahoma won the toss -- now they just have to lose the game. I'mno fan of Oklahoma - could be because I went to Texas! :lmao:

Go Gators!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter