***Official December 2017 thread!

Is it likely that park hours for Dec. 11-15 will change at this point? Any chance that MK will open at 8:00 rather than 9:00 or is that saved for the extra busy days of Christmas?
I am expecting MK hours to change for the 13th to mimic the previous Wednesday- for some reason possibly because it's between two week night party nights they tend to open until 11 with EMH until 1 am

I am expecting MK hours to change for the 13th to mimic the previous Wednesday- for some reason possibly because it's between two week night party nights they tend to open until 11 with EMH until 1 am
This is what I'd expect as well. I'd expect all the hours in December to match that first week aside from the week of Christmas and maybe the week before (although the week before doesn't seem like it will be that crowded)

This is what I'd expect as well. I'd expect all the hours in December to match that first week aside from the week of Christmas and maybe the week before (although the week before doesn't seem like it will be that crowded)
As much as I expect that, I still find myself checking 12/13 daily LOL I planned an MK night there based on historically Wed being a late EMH night. Also want to push my FP back as much as possible once the new hours open

As much as I expect that, I still find myself checking 12/13 daily LOL I planned an MK night there based on historically Wed being a late EMH night. Also want to push my FP back as much as possible once the new hours open
I would keep the early passes if you can. Since MK has so many rides, on nights where MK is open late there are day-of FP+ for tons of rides later. You'd be able to get more than just 3

I would keep the early passes if you can. Since MK has so many rides, on nights where MK is open late there are day-of FP+ for tons of rides later. You'd be able to get more than just 3
It's just because of ADR timing, if I can't shift no big deal at all as this will be the 4th and last visit to MK on our overall trip so by then I hope to not worry about FP

It's just because of ADR timing, if I can't shift no big deal at all as this will be the 4th and last visit to MK on our overall trip so by then I hope to not worry about FP
Got it. At that point you'll likely ride everything worth riding.

Where is your CP res at? I’ll be at Biergarten! Last minute trip, but I do enjoy the restaurant.
HA! We had Biergarten, initially, because it's one of our usual must-dos. BUT, because of all the cool food booths around the World Showcase I really wanted to sample without bursting at the seams (you're a Biergarten vet; you KNOW how that goes!!!), I wound up scoring a 9:25am breakfast reservation at Garden Grill with the same CP show (6:45). That's a belt-buster, too, but I'm hoping I'll have walked off enough to do some Snacking 'Round the World later in the afternoon.
I'm just happy the breakfast is late enough to allow for some sleep after MVMCP!!!! :santa:

For those of us keeping an eye on the park hours for December, there have been a couple changes. MK is now opening at 8:00 am on 12/12 and 12/14.

That 8:05 BOG reservation on 12/14 is going to do me no good now lol :crazy2:

For those of us keeping an eye on the park hours for December, there have been a couple changes. MK is now opening at 8:00 am on 12/12 and 12/14.

That 8:05 BOG reservation on 12/14 is going to do me no good now lol :crazy2:

Bummer. I have one on 12/13. hoping it doesn't change also

Sort of scared now. Just altered all of my reservations because other folks I was going to be traveling with can't attend. I'll be at WDW for 3 nights, including one MVMCP. I used to go to the parks alone sometimes when I was in the college program, but it's been quite a while.

Any encouragement from fellow solo travelers? Hopefully my two TS meals won't be weird -- Skipper Canteen and Biergarten CP package. ;)

Sort of scared now. Just altered all of my reservations because other folks I was going to be traveling with can't attend. I'll be at WDW for 3 nights, including one MVMCP. I used to go to the parks alone sometimes when I was in the college program, but it's been quite a while.

Any encouragement from fellow solo travelers? Hopefully my two TS meals won't be weird -- Skipper Canteen and Biergarten CP package. ;)
I have never done a solo Disney trip but at times I wish I had so I could just go at my own pace LOL - Biergarten you should be good, anytime I have been there we all make friends at the table - especially if the beers are flowing :drinking1

I have never done a solo Disney trip but at times I wish I had so I could just go at my own pace LOL - Biergarten you should be good, anytime I have been there we all make friends at the table - especially if the beers are flowing :drinking1

That’s why I’m excited - I get to go at my breakneck pace and see exactly what I want to see.

And I don’t drink, but I plan on being chatty with my Biergarten friends :)

I love going solo. I did do Skipper solo, and I honestly didn't enjoy it...no other places made me uncomfortable, so if you are already familiar with this place, then I am sure you will love it!

I love going solo. I did do Skipper solo, and I honestly didn't enjoy it...no other places made me uncomfortable, so if you are already familiar with this place, then I am sure you will love it!

I've actually never been to Skipper before. And we won't be going on my trip with my bf in March, which is why I thought I'd go. What made you feel uncomfortable at Skipper Canteen and not the other restaurants?

I've actually never been to Skipper before. And we won't be going on my trip with my bf in March, which is why I thought I'd go. What made you feel uncomfortable at Skipper Canteen and not the other restaurants?
So, this was my first day at MK after 30 year hiatus. It took me a little while to get used to all the cranky families. MK seems worse than other WDW parks for the pm tantrums, and if it is crowded, it's even worse. I had spent my first few solo days in the other parks, so MK I was like WHOH. I was really looking forward to some respite in my late lunch ADR at Skippers. As expected, the crowds were very light in the restaurant. I was seated in a way that I could see the whole room, and the staff was ok...but not cracking any jokes as I had thought they might, a la Jungle Cruise. A family was seated next to me, and as I was seated in a booth seat which runs along the whole back wall, the kids at the next table were very close and kicking me every time they went in or out. Big sigh. Ok, I was dealing. Then my food came and it was pretty lackluster. Maybe my fault for what I ordered, but together with the ho-hum staff, it all together made me sad to be alone in this place, so I quickly ate and left, happy to cross the restaurant off my list for future trips. I don't think I have ever seen a negative review of this place, so I have kept this to myself. But you asked... There were many more restaurants where I felt secure being solo, and wait staff were sooo awesome....Monsieur Paul was the BEST. So attentive. I spent a good couple of hours there, enjoying the meal and reading on my ipad.

Was able to adjust our Fastpasses for our party day. Now have Seven Dwarfs 8:05-9:05, Space Mountain 9:10-10:10, Peter Pan 10:10-11:10. Plan to wait until 9ish to use the Seven Dwarfs one and use 8-9 to hit Adventureland. We'll try to grab a new pass right at 10:10 once we get in line for Peter Pan.

ok so I'm trying to figure out my game plan for animal kingdom. I'm going on December 11 which is an EMH day specifically because I couldn't score a FP to FoP and was hoping to do it at rope drop without the wait being crazy. That being said, if the park opens for EMH at 8 what time would be a good time to get to the park? I know the busses only run so early, but I don't want to get there too early unnecessarily either as we're doing the MVMCP the night before. Thanks in advance for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter