***Official December 2017 thread!

2 weeks from today!! I feel like I'm forgetting to do something. We have our DD's 1st birthday party 3 days before we leave, so I've been so consumed with that...What am I forgetting?? We have MBs, ADRs, FPs, plans mapped out. I bought snacks today. Surely something is getting overlooked. :confused3
Also, has anyone done the Chip and Dale treasure hunt at Epcot? Wondering if our DD3 is in the right age range...

Today is 11 days for us!! Making my list of things I need to pick up before we leave. I’m excited to go to Disney but I always get so nervous because I hate flying! :scared:
Plus, this is our first time flying with a 3 year old. She’ll probably do better than me! Lol

Ended up getting the Flu on Sunday, still sick in bed, but am truly thankful it happened now instead of on vacation next week. Just put a kink into my work and getting all ready for the trip.

We are at 10 days for us leaving for FL and 11 days for Disney! I am so unprepared and I have been planning this trip for 2 years!!! I am excited but worried I am going to forget something important...like the kids or something! LOL

Found a minor hiccup with our reservation and I am not going to worry about it too much. I submitted my online check-in a while ago with my selections. Checked it last night and saw that it never updated. Turns out since it is a DVC owner rental, I cannot make changes. I do not want to bug her at this point because she is preparing to leave in 4 days as well. Since we should be arriving around 7AM, I will go to the front desk check-in to see if they can make an assignment change there. If not, we will go where ever they put us.
You should be able to do the check in yourself from the dvc site. https://secure.reservations.disney...._DVC_PreArrival_Landing_Page&process=false&pa
:ccat:

We rented DVC and arrive next Friday! Hopefully our magic bands are at the front desk.
We are staying at Saratoga Springs, SSR.

When should I start the online checkin?
Anyone have recommendations on where to stay there, we will be renting a car if it matters.

Is anyone else having a problem completing the check in through the magic experience app?
I’ve tried several times and I’m getting the message that it’s unavailable. I’m expected to arrive on 12/28. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I'm arriving Dec 9th and having the same problem.

You should be able to do the check in yourself from the dvc site. https://secure.reservations.disney...._DVC_PreArrival_Landing_Page&process=false&pa
:ccat:
That link let me do it. It let me add, but not remove some of the requests. No big deal. Whatever we get is fine with me.

We are 3 days out and I keep flip-flopping on groceries. No matter how I break it down, it is going to cost me $20 to get groceries delivered. Prime Pantry will be free, but some of the prices are higher. I would still need to either pack or go somewhere to pick up adult beverages. Instacart delivers adult beverages, but does not combine Publix and Publix Liquors as the same service. They are separate and have two charges for delivery. Garden Grocer is just insane on prices. Uber will be $20. The only advantage to Uber is that I can pick out our fruit. It also lets me hand pick sale items. Time wise, Uber would probably be faster than waiting for the bus, get to the resort, wait for delivery. Not having a car is turning out to be a PITA.

More than $20 and the hassles that go along with it. For me, I am just going to Uber. It is much easier and will not cause me any delays. I figure the car will pick me up at the front of AK and by the time I get to Publix, it will be the same amount of time waiting for the OKW bus. By the time I finish shopping, get another Uber, and return to OKW, it will only be about 30 minutes difference. This way I will get everything I need/want, no need to mess around with delivery companies. If my DW was with us at the start of the trip, this would be a non-issue. I would just do it on my own while they are still at the park or bus back to the resort.

Us too! Tomorrow we can start checking the 10 day weather forecast :beach:

Looking like a little “cool down” for our week, though still warmer than it will be here in Upstate SC. Also a slight chance of rain that Monday night into Tuesday...though the forecast will change at least a dozen times before then.

Looking like a little “cool down” for our week, though still warmer than it will be here in Upstate SC. Also a slight chance of rain that Monday night into Tuesday...though the forecast will change at least a dozen times before then.
It's 28 degrees (F) here in England tonight so anything above that will be warm to us :sunny:

This may be a silly question, but I have gotten a couple emails saying I can start online check-in, also my MDE page shows a "start check-in" link. I have given all the details requested, and when I click on that link it shows everything is filled out (credit card on file, room preference, transportation to WDW, etc.) Am I good? Just seems weird that MDE keeps telling me I can start online check-in when I've already given them everything they need...?

Similar weather to here in NC. The cooler temps will be fine if the sun is out, but it could be pretty chilly if overcast and especially if rainy.

Which weather report do you believe? weather.com has it in the mid to high 60's and rain the whole week we are there. Accuweather has it in the mid to high 70's and no rain!

Which weather report do you believe? weather.com has it in the mid to high 60's and rain the whole week we are there. Accuweather has it in the mid to high 70's and no rain!

I have been trying to figure that out too. I leave next week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter