***Official December 2017 thread!

I am not concerned with the weather at all because I cannot control it. It is either a decision to enjoy Disney or be mad there because of the weather. I'm glad I did check the latest weather though. 80s/60s the first half and 60s/40s second half. I still don't need to bring long pants or a sweatshirt. I need to make sure DD packs 1 and wears one when we fly down.

Good morning pixie dust...found out we are getting a small bonus for the year from work (not enough to cover dining expenses but something), manager said to take the afternoon off, found out we have another $100 in Disney Reward dollars, and my brother and some his family will be in Orlando this weekend. We are modifying our Sunday plans a little, but will head out to have dinner with them if it all works out.

Yes, I read that as well. However, it is clear that they do "oversell". There is really no difference between the two. I am sure we will be in Boarding Group B so we should be fine.

I am now a little on the concerned side is that OKW is practically 100% booked for the week we are there. I looked at each day of our trip. There were no studios for the week left. 1BR and 2BR had a day here, day there available but nothing for more than 2 nights. If they overbooked rooms, it would be interesting on where they would be able to move people. I wouldn't be too upset with a move over to another resort :cool1:

Not overly concerned. I can just have a :drinking1and relax.
They don’t oversell. They sell the amount of seats they have. The latter half of that quote means if your plane breaks and they have to bring in a smaller plane or if there are weight issues they can bump people. Those situations are incredibly rare.

That may be tight no matter what route you take. Not sure of specifics, by CP is about 30 minutes and you are at the back of Epcot. Walking to the front of Epcot puts you about 20 minutes. You could Uber from there or double hop monorails but you have to go through security twice. You could walk to BC, YC, BW and Uber over. That is still a bit of time consuming. Then walking from CR to the entrance + security. Its doable, but I think it is difficult.

Thanks for your tips! It'll be our first time walking into MK so it would be nice to see the show before they're lit up, I'll just have to get my family to move as quickly as possible haha

Yes, I read that as well. However, it is clear that they do "oversell". There is really no difference between the two. I am sure we will be in Boarding Group B so we should be fine.

I am now a little on the concerned side is that OKW is practically 100% booked for the week we are there. I looked at each day of our trip. There were no studios for the week left. 1BR and 2BR had a day here, day there available but nothing for more than 2 nights. If they overbooked rooms, it would be interesting on where they would be able to move people. I wouldn't be too upset with a move over to another resort :cool1:

Not overly concerned. I can just have a :drinking1and relax.
Just wanted to inform you that I added early bird to our flight after seeing your earlier post! I've been so busy I hadn't checked in a while and when I looked our flight to MCO was sold out.

:earboy2: I did our boarding passes right at 4PM. We got A58 and A59. Closed out 90% of work. Got the dog washed and nails trimmed, got bag tags done, got all of our pressed pennies categorized on the checklist finally (400+ pressed pennies took forever to mark off), most the stuff we have to pack are ready. I just need to hit Wallyworld in the morning for a small durable plastic container to pack some stuff in and get a haircut. I may hold off on the haircut so I can get it done at the Main St Barbers. Not sure how much my daughter would go for that though. We'll see. Maybe they can do her hair with a little glitter or something.

5 Days!! This time next week we will be getting ready for our first MVMCP...so excited!! :santa: Driving from PA..anyone else have a long drive?
We are leaving a week from tomorrow from NC. Its about a 9 hour drive for us, but with stops for gas and at least a 45 min stop for breakfast, I'll estimate the total to be around 11 hours. We are leaving at 3 am. :scared: I am going to need so much coffee that day, especially considering my husband gets road hypnosis.

Safe travels to you and yours!!

:earboy2: I did our boarding passes right at 4PM. We got A58 and A59. Closed out 90% of work. Got the dog washed and nails trimmed, got bag tags done, got all of our pressed pennies categorized on the checklist finally (400+ pressed pennies took forever to mark off), most the stuff we have to pack are ready. I just need to hit Wallyworld in the morning for a small durable plastic container to pack some stuff in and get a haircut. I may hold off on the haircut so I can get it done at the Main St Barbers. Not sure how much my daughter would go for that though. We'll see. Maybe they can do her hair with a little glitter or something.
Where did you get your penny checklist? Running out of space in the little tinker bell pennyholder book, too! What do you use?

We are leaving a week from tomorrow from NC. Its about a 9 hour drive for us, but with stops for gas and at least a 45 min stop for breakfast, I'll estimate the total to be around 11 hours. We are leaving at 3 am. :scared: I am going to need so much coffee that day, especially considering my husband gets road hypnosis.

Safe travels to you and yours!!
We leave on December 9th too! Although, we are flying. Can’t believe it’s finally here! My birthday is the 10th so I am super excited. Have a great trip!

It's moving day!!! We are 8 hours from heading to the airport and 12 hours from arriving.

Everything is good to go. Need to make a Wallyworld run for some small things. I need a notebook to put our pressed penny checklist in, some pens, and other small things. Nothing big, but just want to be sure we have it all.

5 Days!! This time next week we will be getting ready for our first MVMCP...so excited!! :santa: Driving from PA..anyone else have a long drive?

Not nearly that long! We leave on the 19th from SC. It’s about a 7.5 hr drive for us, not including stops. We’ll have our 11 month-old with us, so we hope it goes smoothly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter