Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I am also trying to order a cake from Yacht and Beach. No luck-no way to get a hold of them. This is for a Yachtsman Dinner on Aug 20th. I have called and emailed Grand Floridan Cakes and nothing from them yet either. I have ordered alot of cakes in the past and I am having a heck of a time!

I am also trying to order a cake from Yacht and Beach. No luck-no way to get a hold of them. This is for a Yachtsman Dinner on Aug 20th. I have called and emailed Grand Floridan Cakes and nothing from them yet either. I have ordered alot of cakes in the past and I am having a heck of a time!

Having the same problem, I have called and emailed. I don't want to be a pest, but I am thinking I need to try again this week. No responses as of today.

Could someone please verify the email address for the Grand Floridian? I've sent 2 messages to the email listed on page one of this thread & they've both come back as undeliverable.

Just a quick follow-up: On the third try, the email finally went through (it was Disney that was saying not deliverable, I guess another one of their IT quirks) & Glorimar got back to me quickly! We spoke on the phone after that & finalized everything within 10 minutes. She was great to work with!

Last edited:
Could someone please verify the email address for the Grand Floridian? I've sent 2 messages to the email listed on page one of this thread & they've both come back as undeliverable.
Hi! I'm not sure if I should post the full address here, but we talked with this lovely lady: j***a.a***s@disney.com If you want to message me I could give you the whole address. :)

I just ordered a 6inch fondant covered peanut butter cake with peanut butter cup filling topped with a white chocolate goofy and it was $145. The prices have definitely gone up since I started following this thread 6 years ago!🙈 I actually wanted a painted Goofy (like the cake on page 18 of this thread), and she told me she looked into it but they don’t have one already made and that they cost around $100 just for the mold now! I emailed GF bakery last night, and Glorimar returned a few emails this morning and setup a time to called me and in 10 mins everything was settled and paid for and I will be able to pick it up at the GF this Sunday! We have a topolinos reservation, but they couldn’t deliver there. I left the cake as chefs choices, and she said they enjoy being able to create at liberty so I’m excited for how it turns out. I’ll be back with pictures after our trip!

$145-6in cake with buttercream or fondant with 3D mold
$185 for 8in with buttercream or fondant with 3D mold

Hi! Just had to create a new account because I couldn't remember my old one! I have also had a REALLY hard time getting in touch with ordering a cake for my Mom's birthday. We are staying at Contemporary and are arriving in a little over a week and I have called and left messages on 4 separate occasions. Not really sure what's going on!

Thanks to this thread I placed a birthday cake order for next month! I emailed around 5pm tonight to the GF email listed on the front page. Within an hour they emailed me back and asked if they could call. I didn't check my email, as I didn't expect an immediate response after hours. I emailed back at 7:30 and I promptly received a call! I was told 6" was the smallest I could do, so I went with that. I went with one of Lurkyloo's favorite pb buttercream and ganache. I was warned it would be hard, but I was prepared they would say that and said it was ok.

What happens if you are not in your room when they try to deliver? I have a 10 pm delivery time and am giving us about an hour and 40 mins from our flight landing and magical express to get to our room. I hope that is enough.

Thanks to this thread I placed a birthday cake order for next month! I emailed around 5pm tonight to the GF email listed on the front page. Within an hour they emailed me back and asked if they could call. I didn't check my email, as I didn't expect an immediate response after hours. I emailed back at 7:30 and I promptly received a call! I was told 6" was the smallest I could do, so I went with that. I went with one of Lurkyloo's favorite pb buttercream and ganache. I was warned it would be hard, but I was prepared they would say that and said it was ok.

What happens if you are not in your room when they try to deliver? I have a 10 pm delivery time and am giving us about an hour and 40 mins from our flight landing and magical express to get to our room. I hope that is enough.

If you aren't checked in at the time they attempt to deliver the cake, they will keep it at Private Dining, and you can call to have it delivered when you are ready. Can't wait to hear how you like it! :goodvibes

Coco cake from Grand Floridian bakery delivered to Garden Grill. $150.00

Attachments

• 41E2A8C9-7669-42B3-8C9C-1D969EB4BD10.jpeg
    41E2A8C9-7669-42B3-8C9C-1D969EB4BD10.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 75E16490-A729-4201-987F-0E9BD2070DE3.jpeg
    75E16490-A729-4201-987F-0E9BD2070DE3.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 55EB6324-66F2-4B3F-9E97-8252F3B8A843.jpeg
    55EB6324-66F2-4B3F-9E97-8252F3B8A843.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 419E2468-0748-4972-AA76-86D813D887F3.jpeg
    419E2468-0748-4972-AA76-86D813D887F3.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 120
Finally got a call back from Contemporary. Ordered an 8” fondant-covered cake. My mom loves Stitch, and while I had an idea for a design, I remember seeing that the bakers/cake artists also like to have some creative freedom. So, I told them that they could do what they liked. I was asked why my mom loves Stitch and I replied that she loves that he’s sweet but also naughty. So the cake is going to be marble, with amaretto mousse (I was told that they are no longer doing the amaretto almond crunch), and the cake is going to look like Stitch started eating the cake without us!

8”, marble cake w/amaretto mousse, fondant, and a white chocolate Stitch came to $77.00. Pick up will be at the podium for California Grill.

Here is one from May. From Grand Floridian bakery and delivered to Poly. One tip: no one at Poly front desk and bell services knew where the cakes would be delivered. They are always delivered to Kona, apparently. Maybe you all know that already.

They did a great job and cake was delicious.

... trying to remember how to do attachments here...

Here are the pictures that I never attached:

tempImage36ziFg.pngIMG_7384.jpegIMG_7383.jpegIMG_7382.jpegIMG_7378.jpeg

For those struggling with Yacht and Beach Club cake orders, try this number, they finally got back to me and I got the order solidified moments ago! 321-230-9868

Has anyone seen a runDisney themed cake? I'm trying to decide if I should surprise my husband with a cake after our races

Friends of mine are getting married in October and honeymooning at WDW. Is the chocolate slipper still available at CRT? Still just an email to address in the first post? I ordered one 6 years ago for my honeymoon but we haven’t done a cake in a couple years (being Canadian and unable to visit 😭)

#1 Do you find it better to have the cake delivered to your room, or do you like to present it at a dinner?

#2 Has anyone here done a cake for a graduation? I'd like to order one for my son's high school graduation, but wanted to see some examples. I do not want to spend over $75 if possible.

1) whatever works best for your group - we’ve done and enjoyed both. I’d go with whichever the person being celebrated would enjoy more. Do they like being the center of attention?

2) there are several over the last couple most recent pages if you want to take a look. You can also just give them a theme and a budget and let them be creative.

Finally got a call back from Contemporary. Ordered an 8” fondant-covered cake. My mom loves Stitch, and while I had an idea for a design, I remember seeing that the bakers/cake artists also like to have some creative freedom. So, I told them that they could do what they liked. I was asked why my mom loves Stitch and I replied that she loves that he’s sweet but also naughty. So the cake is going to be marble, with amaretto mousse (I was told that they are no longer doing the amaretto almond crunch), and the cake is going to look like Stitch started eating the cake without us!

8”, marble cake w/amaretto mousse, fondant, and a white chocolate Stitch came to $77.00. Pick up will be at the podium for California Grill.

How did the cake turn out? I just left a message, about how long did it take for them to call you back?

Trying to order a cake and slipper for California Grill, is 407-824-2955 the correct number? There wasn’t a voicemail that answered saying it was for special orders or anything and I’m a little nervous they won’t call me back in time! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter