Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay....so I just got off the phone with Pat from the GF to order a surprise bday cake for my mom while we are at the GF in July. I wanted a chocolate cake with custard and raspberries as the filling. She told me that she doesn't know if they will have raspberries for the cake....possibly only strawberries UGH! Mom doesn't like strawberries! Now what....do I just settle for a maybe on the filling for a $100 cake or do I change my plans. BTW....she told me that an 8" cake was $77.00 and it would be $35.00 for a chocolate pluto on top....does this sound right?? She also said that an 8" cake was perfect for 6 people....I actually wanted a 6" cake but she said it only feeds 4 - I just don't want lots of extra cake.....what do you think?? 6" or 8" cake

I'm going to agree with the others that a 6" is more than enough

DisneyWorld2009Sweet163064.jpg

DisneyWorld2009Sweet163063.jpg

DisneyWorld2009Sweet163072.jpg

This is the 6" cake that i ordered for 4 people. As you can see we only ate half. It was delicious but not totally what I expected. Pat said I could have purple frosting which she didn't do. I also said NO flowers and there are flowers on the side. My daughter still loved it and was totally surprised so it was still special. This cake was $53 without tip

Hello everyone,

DS really wants to go to Mickey's Backyard BBQ for his birthday but he also wants a cake with a chocolate monorail on it - which you can only get at the Contemporary. Has anyone gotten a cake at MBYBBQ? Another option: We are staying at the Poly - do you think we could get a Cakemanbri cake delivered there with the chocolate monorail on it?

Thanks in advance for any input!

OK ... Now I am totally confused??? We are dining at Chef Mickeys on DD's 9th birthday and I have been planning a custom cake for ages. I finally called today. I called the main cak hotline number and selected Option 7 for the Contemporay etc. I spoke to somebody in Private Dining and said I wanted a custom cake for my DD. I thought I would get to choose what I could have on top. I wanted Thumper and Miss Bunny. To start with she had never heard of those so I said they were from Bambi so she starts to look up Bambi (not what I wanted) and said I couldn't have that either so I had to think on the spot and went for Pluto. So now I have got a cake with a stick on transfer thing of Pluto - so not what I wanted!!! I wated something my DD would remember that was a bit different, not a cake that looks like I have collected it from the local supermarket??

What should I do now - am I expecting too much?? I have seen cakes on this thread that look like they are kind of unique???

ditto as to what lurky said above. the lady i spoke to in march pulled the same thign with me...she didnt even know who cars was! im like lightining and mater...then i got no we cant. i called back and asked for someone higher up, like the pastry chef's email and after telling me the first time they didnt even have that(meaning her) she gave me it. i emailed brian and i heard back from him in less than a day and he was able to make what i needed/wanted for ds's bday. good luck. persisitance pays off.

Date: June 5, 2010
Price: $30
Description: I ordered this miniature wedding cake from Pat at the Grand for our 7th anniversary. We originally had a reservation for Narcoossee's that night, but when we got there DH said he wanted to try a walk-up at Citricos. We got in, and I took the hostess aside and explained that I had ordered a cake as a surprise for my DH and she said it would be no problem to get it sent to Citricos instead. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the inside! It was chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse filling and white buttercream frosting. This was our second cake from the Grand's bakery, and like the first it was delicious! I normally think chocolate cake is always dry, but their's is very good. The white chocolate mousse was very thick and creamy. It was a little small for $30, but Pat did warn me it was supposed to be a single serving.

29667_408898114080_604409080_4210731_5085659_n.jpg

Hidden Mickey

29667_408898214080_604409080_4210733_7623259_n.jpg

Thats the cake I want but how hard is it to make it with black mickey heads and red and yellow pipping. With big red flowers on top. If not I am going with a strawberrie and figurine.
Lexi

If I wanted to order a white chocolate figurine sent to our room at AKV, who would I call? Last year we were at GF and a surprize white chocolate Mickey was in our room for DD's birthday. She keeps talking about this and I'm thinking of ordering her a different character this trip. DOes anyone know what other characters they offer? (I've seen TInker Bell and Pluto on this thread.)

If I wanted to order a white chocolate figurine sent to our room at AKV, who would I call? Last year we were at GF and a surprize white chocolate Mickey was in our room for DD's birthday. She keeps talking about this and I'm thinking of ordering her a different character this trip. DOes anyone know what other characters they offer? (I've seen TInker Bell and Pluto on this thread.)

I'm pretty sure you'd call in-room dining.

I've seen Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Tinkerbell and Goofy.

Thats the cake I want but how hard is it to make it with black mickey heads and red and yellow pipping. With big red flowers on top. If not I am going with a strawberrie and figurine.
Lexi

I'm sure DIsney has it down to a science, but black and red are the two hardest colors to tint icing.

I had posted earlier about a cake for my dad's 60th Bday - but I think it may have gotten lost in the praise for Tricia's indexed cakes post. (Tricia, I hadn't looked at the index when I posted or I would have said this then, but as someone new to the cake thread I think it is awesome! :thumbsup2)

Anyway, my question was about the possibility of cupcakes instead of a big cake. Although we're a party of 8, we'll have three toddlers with us and don't want a lot of leftovers. Now I'm thinking that a mini wedding cake (or two) might be an option. (Actually, the top tier of the two-tier one looks almost the size of big cupcake ... hmmm. Ideas ... ideas.)

Does anyone know if CR does the mini wedding cakes? We are staying at BLT and arrive on my dad's actual bday. We have an ADR at The Wave (his choice) that night.

I'm baaack! We just returned from our week long vacation and first trip home to BLT!

I ordered a cake to surprise my DH for his 43rd birthday. Chef Brian at the Contemporary did a wonderful job! The cake was awesome and was so yummmy!

Cake: I asked for a mad hatter cake 8" that was whimsical and incorporated, if possible, my DH's passion for stock trading (not the easiest theme to work with). I asked for primary colors and a painted Mickey on top along with hidden Mickey's on the cake. Here are the pictures! Notice how he worked a stock ticker and Wall Street Journal into the scene! The cake was vanilla with a white chocolate mousse filling.

Cost: $100 for the cake + $30 for Mickey

Delivered by Private Dining to the room for a private birthday party.

Daves43rdBirthdayCake3.jpg

Daves43rdBirthdayCake-StockTicker.jpg

Chef Brian is a rock star! I ordered a cake for DH for our 10 year anniversary - replicating the colors and theme of our wedding cake. I cannot wait to see it! We're getting it July 21st at the California Grill.

Thanks for posting the new pictures! That cake is awesome!

We are now staying at Saratoga Springs in August, as we had to change our dates, thus losing our awesome Boardwalk view at BWV. Anyway that's another story all together. Is there any way to get a cake delivered to our room at SSR? Has anyone had any experiences at SSR with cakes, either good or bad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was wondering what kind of buttercream you use on your cakes? Is it possible to get an Italian Meringue Buttercream?

My DD is turning 17 on our next trip and I want to get her a very special birthday cake that tastes as good as it looks!

Hi,

Does anyone know what options are available at the Beach Club? I am thinking of doing a chocolate Nemo for DS, a chocolate Tinkerbelll for DD and some kind of fancy cake for DH's 30th birthday. Hmmm, and maybe some chocolate covered strawberries for me.

Would any of this be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter