***Official DLR December 2021 Check-in Thread***

Edit: We originally booked our trip for December 23-26 at the Disneyland Hotel, but just decided to change it to Thanksgiving week. So sorry…wasn’t sure how to move our delete post from the December thread!

Last edited:
Slight change of plans for my trip. November 29-December 3 at the Grand still but going with a friend. My moms knee is just too bad to go again this year.

That's too bad about your mom, but I hope you still have a great time!

Edit: We originally booked our trip for December 23-26 at the Disneyland Hotel, but just decided to change it to Thanksgiving week. So sorry…wasn’t sure how to move our delete post from the December thread!

No problem at all! I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving week and have a great trip!

Oh, man--I accidentally gave you my dates for my last Christmas trip instead of this year's! My sister and I will be staying at GCH Dec 13-16, not the 8-11.

We are going December 3-14 and like many, this is literally the same trip we planned for Dec 2020. My first visit during the Christmas season! We are staying at PP.

Hi everyone! We will be going to Disneyland 12/21-12/25 staying at the Marriott Anaheim Convention Center. My younger son (young = 21) is headed to graduate school in New Zealand in the spring and he requested a Disney trip for his last Christmas here. Our last visit was at Thanksgiving 2019 and we are very used to going during the busy holidays.

Our crew of friends and family going is HUGE. Total of 16 right now, but potential for a few more. Anyone have any tips for the best way to coordinate park tickets and reservations when the ticket purchases are being made separately? I did all the room bookings for the tasty Marriott points, but when it comes to non-refundable ticket purchases I will just remind and coordinate instead of plunking down the money.

Is it December yet?!

Hi everyone! We will be going to Disneyland 12/21-12/25 staying at the Marriott Anaheim Convention Center. My younger son (young = 21) is headed to graduate school in New Zealand in the spring and he requested a Disney trip for his last Christmas here. Our last visit was at Thanksgiving 2019 and we are very used to going during the busy holidays.

Our crew of friends and family going is HUGE. Total of 16 right now, but potential for a few more. Anyone have any tips for the best way to coordinate park tickets and reservations when the ticket purchases are being made separately? I did all the room bookings for the tasty Marriott points, but when it comes to non-refundable ticket purchases I will just remind and coordinate instead of plunking down the money.

Is it December yet?!

We'll be right across the street at Homewood Suites! The location just seems perfect being so close to the Toy Story parking area, I figure we'll be using the free shuttles a lot with 4 little ones. I don't have much advise on how to coordinate with a large group as my kids are still young, but I am just as excited for December :teeth:

YAY! Officially booked December 12-17 at Disneyland Hotel. Flights from Boston to LAX on JetBlue were insanely cheap - $306pp - so I really couldn't say no. I'm so excited; I haven't been to DLR since 1999 and have no idea what I'm doing so this will be an adventure for sure! (I've been to WDW so many times, I could probably navigate all four park blindfolded lol) So while I will be scouring these boards to learn all I can, don't hesitate to give me all your tips and tricks, especially for all the holiday fun!

YAY! Officially booked December 12-17 at Disneyland Hotel. Flights from Boston to LAX on JetBlue were insanely cheap - $306pp - so I really couldn't say no. I'm so excited; I haven't been to DLR since 1999 and have no idea what I'm doing so this will be an adventure for sure! (I've been to WDW so many times, I could probably navigate all four park blindfolded lol) So while I will be scouring these boards to learn all I can, don't hesitate to give me all your tips and tricks, especially for all the holiday fun!

that is a great flight rate! I had that rate March 2020 with a stamp in Vegas. This trip I’m using our delta vouchers from that trip so I couldnt shop around. I also wanted to avoid a red eye back to Boston. I have never been to DL at Christmas, so I can’t help with that. But I have been to DL a few times and love it.

Is it December yet?!

Hi and welcome! What a fun Christmas trip for your family and son!

Updated to show you're at DLH! Awesome! You will love it.

Our first trip out of the bubble and of course it has to include a trip to DL. From Dec 3-7 at PPH.

that is a great flight rate! I had that rate March 2020 with a stamp in Vegas. This trip I’m using our delta vouchers from that trip so I couldnt shop around. I also wanted to avoid a red eye back to Boston. I have never been to DL at Christmas, so I can’t help with that. But I have been to DL a few times and love it.
I also had flight credit from two canceled WDW trips, so my oop cost was ZERO. It made splurging on DLH that much easier! :)

I also had flight credit from two canceled WDW trips, so my oop cost was ZERO. It made splurging on DLH that much easier! :)
The issue with Delta is it can only be used by the original ticket holders. JetBlue is more flexible. Our original trip was to a wedding in Vegas that my parents were invited to. Just me and my mother were going and then going to DL after. Now just me and my mother are going to DL. She has never been. I have to say in years past during the school vacation times, we have gone to DL for less than WDW.

Hi. We are going December 25-31. We have our tickets already and hotel reservations. Is anyone else concerned about making park reservations in August. I am having anxiety about the days being sold out before I can book our park reservations. UGH.

Hi. We are going December 25-31. We have our tickets already and hotel reservations. Is anyone else concerned about making park reservations in August. I am having anxiety about the days being sold out before I can book our park reservations. UGH.
I have a trip in October and December, and YES the park availability makes me nervous! I was easily able to get my October dates, and hope for the same with my December. It is so hard because I have flights and rooms already booked, with no tickets/reservations! 🤞

I have a trip in October and December, and YES the park availability makes me nervous! I was easily able to get my October dates, and hope for the same with my December. It is so hard because I have flights and rooms already booked, with no tickets/reservations! 🤞

Thank you. Is it horrible that I am happy that someone else is freaking out as well. 😁

Our first trip out of the bubble and of course it has to include a trip to DL. From Dec 3-7 at PPH.

Hi and welcome!

Welcome! Do you want to share what hotel you are staying in and I can add it to the list? I would just be ready to get the reservations the day they open and I am sure you will get them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter