***Official DLR October 2021 Check-in Thread***

Broke down and bought Bash tickets for the 28th, our last park night, for our group of 6. It better be worth the $900. 😆 We weren't going to go because we already have hoppers for the day and financially I think $900 for 5 exclusive hours is nuts, but we decided we would probably regret it, especially since my retiring parents are along on this trip and this will be their last major hurrah before they go on a fixed income. Someone reassure me it's worth it. 😆

Do people bring bags for the candy? We have some teenagers who plan to dress up but the adults are planning Halloween themed shirts. Just wondering if I need to plan bags. Do the adults trick or treat too?

Broke down and bought Bash tickets for the 28th, our last park night, for our group of 6. It better be worth the $900. 😆 We weren't going to go because we already have hoppers for the day and financially I think $900 for 5 exclusive hours is nuts, but we decided we would probably regret it, especially since my retiring parents are along on this trip and this will be their last major hurrah before they go on a fixed income. Someone reassure me it's worth it. 😆

Do people bring bags for the candy? We have some teenagers who plan to dress up but the adults are planning Halloween themed shirts. Just wondering if I need to plan bags. Do the adults trick or treat too?
It will be 100% worth it IMO. Bring a backpack, but they also hand out pretty good size bags. Adults go through the treat lines as well, its a super fun experience designed for everyone. I usually dump all of our candy in a backpack, it's easier to take on rides

It will be 100% worth it IMO. Bring a backpack, but they also hand out pretty good size bags. Adults go through the treat lines as well, its a super fun experience designed for everyone. I usually dump all of our candy in a backpack, it's easier to take on rides

Thanks for the info!

Tentatively scheduled for this…

Flying in Oct 16th and flying out Oct 24th.

DLH booked for check in Oct 16 check out Oct 21st.
Universal Hilton check in Oct 21st and check out Oct 23rd
Either DLH or GC for one night Oct 23rd to 24th…

Halloween Horror Nights on Oct 16th
Disneyland in the day and OBB in the night on Oct 17th
Bouncing between DL and DCA 18th to the 21st (with another OBB 19th)
Knott’s Scary Farm night of the 21st
Universal Studios 22nd with Halloween Horror Nights again that night
Back to DL and DCA 23rd and 24th until about four hours before fly out at ~7pm, lol

I’ll be meeting a coworker down there for 16th and 17th, then most likely will be solo for the rest of the trip. If anyone else finds themselves solo I would be open to hanging out for the day or if they’ve wanted to do Knott’s Scary farm or Halloween Horror Nights but don’t want to go alone feel free to message me.

Tentatively scheduled for this…

Halloween Horror Nights on Oct 16th
Disneyland in the day and OBB in the night on Oct 17th
Bouncing between DL and DCA 18th to the 21st (with another OBB 19th)
Knott’s Scary Farm night of the 21st
Universal Studios 22nd with Halloween Horror Nights again that night
Back to DL and DCA 23rd and 24th until about four hours before fly out at ~7pm, lol

sounds like a lot of bouncing around, but a lot of fun! We did the last HHN and it was a blast!

sounds like a lot of bouncing around, but a lot of fun! We did the last HHN and it was a blast!
I never vacation "easy," lol. I've done this routine for a few year (minus COVID year obviously). It's crazy fun and my big vacation for the year. This will probably be the first year totally solo except for those first two days... a lot of people just either don't want to travel yet, have life changes were they're not in the position to travel any more, etc.

My 10 year old daughter and I will be going October 5-8th for a Mommy/daughter trip. Just got our OBB tix for the 5th. This will be the first Disney Halloween after hours event for both of us.
I took a look at the crowd calendar for those dates, and it's showing " It'll be packed" for that entire week. I thought that time of year was slower. I know our school district has Fall break that week (we're in Texas) and a lot of schools in Arizona do as well, but I don't think California schools do. I wonder how accurate that prediction is. Either way, we are going to have a great time!!

Ha, opposite for us. Also live in Houston area and will be there about the same time (2nd-6th) but as "Boys Trip" with my 10yr and 8yr old sons. I was surprised about the crowd predictions as well, but also knew that DL has a different pattern than DW. Hopefully will be a good time regardless. We'll be at the OBB on the 5th.

Super tentative plans for a short October visit here. My husband has a conference at the Disneyland hotel, so we’d have both a room and access to discount tickets. Problem is that school is in session. DH would drive down at the middle of the week, and we’d fly down on the afternoon of Friday, October 15. Saturday, October 16, would be our opening to closing park day, and then we’d drive back home on Sunday.

Booked for the week of Columbus Day! We check in to WorldMark Anaheim the evening of 10/10, visiting friends and got tickets for Halloween Horror for our group on the eve of Oct 12. Going go try to get dinner at Carthay Circle on the same day!

I'm going in September but thought I'd come on here and tell you I noticed that on October 28th 2 Oogie Boogie tickets opened up and are available on the site! Hurry and grab them up if you are looking!

****Update- didnt last long those 2 tickets are now gone and October 28th is sold out again

Last edited:
Planning October 1-4 to spend my daughter’s Sweet 16 and my birthday. I was supposed to be there on my birthday in 2020 but stupid covid.

I haven’t made it on page 1 yet ...

How worried are we about the delta variant shutting things down again?

Wow! Just caught up with everything on here and updated the first page.

My life's been a bit crazy lately, sold our house and bought a 5th wheel until we can build. Phone coverage and wifi is spotty for the next week or so for me but I'll catch up again.

If I've missed you on the first page let me know! I keep stalking DFB for posts about Halloween treats but haven't seen anything yet.

October 1 dining opened today. Was anybody able to book anything? There is zero availability at any time for that day. Usually there is SOMETHING available even if it’s just DTD.

October 1 dining opened today. Was anybody able to book anything? There is zero availability at any time for that day. Usually there is SOMETHING available even if it’s just DTD.

It might just not be loaded yet... I think in 2019 a lot of things didn't get loaded in until like 45 days before the date...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter