***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

I thought it might be fun to post a Question Of The Week to keep the group lively and the excitement going. Join in if you'd like!

QOTW for the week of 3/2/22: This first one will actually be a two parter -

Introduce yourself, share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.

&

How long has it been since you were last at any Disney park or is this your first time at DL or any park?

I'll put my answer in a different post.
Yay I love this. I’m Andrea. We are in Provo, UT and I’m an nurse. I own a home Medspa doing Botox injections and chemical peels which I LOVE!! I have 5 kids DS14, DS12, DS10, DD8, DD6. I am a HUGE Disney fan (movies, parks, musicals, TV series, toys (right now we are into Nuimos), you name it).

We started going to DL once a year in 2012 and loved it enough to buy VGC points. In 2019 and 2020 we took a break from DL and did WDW for the 1st time. We actually lived in Florida for a month to really enjoy our passes- it was such a fun experience.

Our last trip was DL last October for Ophir Boogie Bash. We only did the party last year but this year we’re ready to add a few days into a party. Although I feel like it’s a whole new ball game with reservations, no MaxPass 😭😭, and Genie. I’m going to need to read a whole lot on here to get caught up on all the best tips. FFB116B9-0B9D-4F37-A1FD-2F07AA3B693A.jpeg55F62AB3-241B-45A2-A47D-4DF61B149C8A.jpeg7BE3CBC7-4952-4C87-997F-B7A32B873B81.jpeg

&

How long has it been since you were last at any Disney park or is this your first time at DL or any park?

🖐🖐 I'm Jenna! My boyfriend and I live in Northern California juuuuust close enough to drive while still being too far away for quick weekend trips. We were last in DL for our 10 year anniversary in March of 2019. It was meant to be our last hurrah as we planned on moving out of state in 2020 but.. y'know how that went :upsidedow I started missing Disney last year and so did he.. but I was still really hesitant about sleeping in hotels and there was no way we could drive there and back in the same day. Thus, the "hey we should start saving for a trip" conversations began!

My mom gifted us trip money last Christmas and instead of going in March we decided to push it off and attempt to redo a failed Halloween trip from a few years ago. Having 8 more months to save gave me some real 'go big or go home' energy and suddenly we're staying on site, going to parties.. and as of the last month my mom's joining us and it's costing even more! But it's all worth it. I can't let myself thing about how many non-Disney trips we could be taking with the same money... :rotfl:

image.jpg

This is about how most of our pictures go.. I have vague memories of Chris waiting in line for the photographer while I ran to grab a churro from the cart on Mainstreet. We couldn't finish it before it was our turn (there was marshmallow cream in a cup I think??) and the CM started including it in photos. I think he told us to be scared of it? In a "what is this thing?" sort of way :laughing:

We've been for Easter and (kinda) Christmas -- as it was in early January before the holiday turnover lol -- so I'm really excited to finally be there in the Fall!

I thought it might be fun to post a Question Of The Week to keep the group lively and the excitement going. Join in if you'd like!

&

I'll put my answer in a different post.

I am Katy. I am married to Brian and we have a soon to be 10 year old son and soon to be 6 year old daughter. We live in Iowa. I'm currently working on my PhD.. should be done this summer!! My husband is a stay at home Dad and a Marine Corps Veteran. I work with children who have vision loss and those who are DeafBlind. Didn't go on my first Disney trip until 2017 and fell in love! Have since been to Disneyland 3 times, and DisneyWorld twice.

Our most recent Disneyland trip was summer 2019. We were supposed to go in October 2020. During covid my husband and I did an adults only trip to WDW and my husband sent me solo to WDW for the 50th over my birthday. We have been waiting to take the kids back for the Covid restrictions to drop and here we are!

Here are some pictures of past Disneyland trips..9F2CB487-2016-43F9-915B-014BA3B63C7F.jpegDEEC4C53-29C6-4DA3-98A8-B326DC32BB19.jpegD9B9CA03-DF91-450E-8C5F-25CFF6FD915F.jpegC8352FBF-A0E4-4B49-B631-0E32299BBA71.jpegE187C4A5-04A1-44A6-930E-79378F5F62E3.jpeg24AC1464-EE88-4963-80B3-A1ADE506E6C7.jpeg43687813-D4F9-40C1-9795-CE32307EDE11.jpeg

I enjoy making outfits and shirts for our trips!

Also- something about me is that during that last Disneyland trip in summer 2019, while it was magical, I was fairly miserable. It was there I decided to take my health into my own hands. I've since lost nearly 200lbs, having had weight loss surgery in October 2019. I cannot wait to take this trip with the kiddos and have the stamina and not be miserable.
F3A65B60-5CF1-4E71-9671-C348E20B065A.jpeg

And for fun- my picture at DisneyWorld 50th on my solo trip. Highly recommend a solo trip. It was the best thing ever.
4FB53689-2CD1-4A5D-9F66-0DD3454225B4.jpeg

We started going to DL once a year in 2012 and loved it enough to buy VGC points. In 2019 and 2020 we took a break from DL and did WDW for the 1st time. We actually lived in Florida for a month to really enjoy our passes- it was such a fun experience.
:oops: A whole month?! That's awesome. And what a great crew you have!

🖐🖐 I'm Jenna! My boyfriend and I live in Northern California juuuuust close enough to drive while still being too far away for quick weekend trips. We were last in DL for our 10 year anniversary in March of 2019. It was meant to be our last hurrah as we planned on moving out of state in 2020 but.. y'know how that went :upsidedow I started missing Disney last year and so did he.. but I was still really hesitant about sleeping in hotels and there was no way we could drive there and back in the same day. Thus, the "hey we should start saving for a trip" conversations began!

My mom gifted us trip money last Christmas and instead of going in March we decided to push it off and attempt to redo a failed Halloween trip from a few years ago. Having 8 more months to save gave me some real 'go big or go home' energy and suddenly we're staying on site, going to parties.. and as of the last month my mom's joining us and it's costing even more! But it's all worth it. I can't let myself thing about how many non-Disney trips we could be taking with the same money... :rotfl:

I'm getting a little crazy with the extras too, it's hard not to get caught up in the excitement! But we're worth it right?! :)

View attachment 666650

I enjoy making outfits and shirts for our trips!

Also- something about me is that during that last Disneyland trip in summer 2019, while it was magical, I was fairly miserable. It was there I decided to take my health into my own hands. I've since lost nearly 200lbs, having had weight loss surgery in October 2019. I cannot wait to take this trip with the kiddos and have the stamina and not be miserable.
View attachment 666654

Ok three things.
1 - Those shirts you and your husband have are awesome. My husband always wants to do matching shirts and I say no!
2. - You look amazing since your weight loss. Nice job!
3. - I had WLS too! I'll be 4 years out by the time we go in October. It will be our first trip since my surgery. I get what you mean by being miserable. I felt that way when we were in DL Paris. Loved the trip but couldn't give it my all. It was shortly after that trip that I decided to look into options. No regrets!!

:oops: A whole month?! That's awesome. And what a great crew you have!
Yep it was amazing. Schools were virtual and I got a good deal on a rental with a pool because the tourism market was so down during 2020. I bought the passes in 2019 so they were already paid for. And my husband worked remote. We figured it was a rare opportunity and I took it!! I drove out with my kids and our dog by myself - so that was an adventure. I’m so happy we did it. We would go to Disney every morning and then come back and do school and the pool.

I am back to debating the park hopper. If early entry comes back on the same schedule as before, and OBB comes back on the same schedule, I feel it's going to heavily push crowds to disneyland on Thursday/tuesday which was a days we were planning to do Disneyland .. because we didn't want our DCA days to be party days..

Soo now I'm debating the hopper again to give us some flexibility to start our day in the opposite park..

Decisions decisions.

I'll be there September 8-12 mainly for D23 but added a couple extra days and really hoping one of them aligns with an OBB. Right now I'm booked at Candy Cane Inn hoping they are open by them, with a backup at the new Westin. I'll think about costume if it turns out I can go to an OBB. 😉

I am back to debating the park hopper. If early entry comes back on the same schedule as before, and OBB comes back on the same schedule, I feel it's going to heavily push crowds to disneyland on Thursday/tuesday which was a days we were planning to do Disneyland .. because we didn't want our DCA days to be party days..

Soo now I'm debating the hopper again to give us some flexibility to start our day in the opposite park..

Decisions decisions.

I'm a big fan of the hopper at DL because you can go through DCA so quickly. There are a lot of rides there we would go on multiple times but it's still not as engaging as DL is for us. Plus I just like the flexibility to eat wherever I want.

Since my daughter is now older I'm also hopeful she and my son will want to go do there own things some times and my hubby and I can have some free time. So then each of us can decide which park we want to be in.

I'll be there September 8-12 mainly for D23 but added a couple extra days and really hoping one of them aligns with an OBB. Right now I'm booked at Candy Cane Inn hoping they are open by them, with a backup at the new Westin. I'll think about costume if it turns out I can go to an OBB. 😉

Candy Cane is taking forever, I feel bad for all the people that have had to reschedule at the last minute.

After watching videos of the Star Wars fireworks the past few nights I'm having a night time entertainment crisis 😫

We're 1 park per day kind of people. Even when we had APs we rarely went back and forth and this trip is no different. Our original plan was Mon/Tues DL and Wed CA with extra stuff we didn't catch/ wanna do again during OBB on Thurs. But then my mom joined and she doesn't really care about CA and would rather do DL for her 2 park days which is fine.. except now the one day we'd have WOC is gone.

Cue me looking up hopper prices and seeing to do the WOC Dessert party in total would be roughly $450 more than not doing it. Now is that worth it... Monetarily? lol noooo no way in hell. I'd rather go to Napa Rose and buy art with that money. Experience...ly? *big sigh* Maybe.

The curse of a weekday only trip 😩💀

After watching videos of the Star Wars fireworks the past few nights I'm having a night time entertainment crisis 😫

We're 1 park per day kind of people. Even when we had APs we rarely went back and forth and this trip is no different. Our original plan was Mon/Tues DL and Wed CA with extra stuff we didn't catch/ wanna do again during OBB on Thurs. But then my mom joined and she doesn't really care about CA and would rather do DL for her 2 park days which is fine.. except now the one day we'd have WOC is gone.

Cue me looking up hopper prices and seeing to do the WOC Dessert party in total would be roughly $450 more than not doing it. Now is that worth it... Monetarily? lol noooo no way in hell. I'd rather go to Napa Rose and buy art with that money. Experience...ly? *big sigh* Maybe.

I think the cost of Dessert Party is outrageous. Maybe if it was dinner I could slightly justify it. But I also saw pics someone posted and the seating doesn't look any better, it's just that you're seated and not standing. But you're also seated behind all the standing people! For that price you should be seated in front.

I think the cost of Dessert Party is outrageous. Maybe if it was dinner I could slightly justify it. But I also saw pics someone posted and the seating doesn't look any better, it's just that you're seated and not standing. But you're also seated behind all the standing people! For that price you should be seated in front.

I went to the dessert party on April 25. The food was nothing special although enjoyable (the new chocolate mousse cake thingy was divine!). For me though I had a bum leg/knee on this trip so that seat was worth every cent I paid for it!

Ok I think it needs to be said again. WHEN are we going to get more news about OBB?????? (I know this is wholly rhetorical question)

But dang, I have most of my trip planned and set. Between OBB schedule and tickets being unknown and Early Entry schedule being unknown, it means my park reservations and possible dining reservations are really up in the air.

Ugh! I'm a planner. I need to be able to plan!

So the dessert party is one of my favorite things at Disneyland. I've done it twice. For my family of 4 it costs $350.

Zu
Ok I think it needs to be said again. WHEN are we going to get more news about OBB?????? (I know this is wholly rhetorical question)

But dang, I have most of my trip planned and set. Between OBB schedule and tickets being unknown and Early Entry schedule being unknown, it means my park reservations and possible dining reservations are really up in the air.

Ugh! I'm a planner. I need to be able to plan!
agree!!

Hi! We are a family of 4, we'll be staying from September 23-30. Original plan was the Candy Cane Inn, but not sure now, as they seem to be having a lot of renovation issues, so we may need to find a back up for those dates. Fingers crossed, as its such a great location! We will be coming off a 4 night cruise from Vancouver-San Diego on the Disney Wonder!

Hi! We are a family of 4, we'll be staying from September 23-30. Original plan was the Candy Cane Inn, but not sure now, as they seem to be having a lot of renovation issues, so we may need to find a back up for those dates. Fingers crossed, as its such a great location! We will be coming off a 4 night cruise from Vancouver-San Diego on the Disney Wonder!
I would deff get a back up hotel and book a refundable rate now. Prices are creeping up..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter