*****Official February 2015 Thread! Come check in and chat!*****

Can't believe I'm home already. Our 1st trip was so fun. DL was really cool and Carsland was AWESOME! We even got some Disney magic for our anniversary and got to meet Olaf! It was unseasonably warm there - highs in the upper 80s. I'm now home in PA with real feels in the -10 to -20s :(

I just decided to book a quick trip for the end of the month, Feb 26 & 27 at the Tropicana. Wondering if there's any other solo travelers that'll be around during that time; I'd love to do a drink at Trader Sam's or something.

Spent my day off shopping for DD10. Got lots of cute trip clothing, and placed a last min online (rush) order w/ Gymboree...hoping it makes it in time. Feeling whooped from my shopping efforts LOL. Stopped by bank to get 2 rolls of quarters & cash. Picked up some mole skin & bodyglide just in case. Weather is now saying rain for 1st day there. Hoping that changes...but glad we have ponchos just in case.:yay: 1 week exactly now.

Last edited:
I keep checking on the weather too and I swear it changes every day! Earlier this week it said high 70's now it's showing rain for the first day we are are there and high 60's and low 70's for the rest of the trip! That's a bit chilly for me so it's a good thing I am packing jeans and sweatshirts. I am also planning on bringing my cardigan to wear during the day in case it's cool but not cold. I wanna show off my Disney shirts while we are there ya know!

I was in DL yesterday! It was cold in the morning, warm once the sun came out and freezing once the sun went down. We walked on everything more than once. Longest waits were 15 minutes for Pirates in the late afternoon and 20 minutes for Storybook Land mid morning. Most everything was 5 minutes! We did not do Space or Thunder Mtn, those might have been longer. This was the first time in a very long time that I felt DL wasn't crowded!! Now DTD was another story! At 7pm most restaurants had a1 1/2 to 2 hour wait!!!!

I was in DL yesterday! It was cold in the morning, warm once the sun came out and freezing once the sun went down. We walked on everything more than once. Longest waits were 15 minutes for Pirates in the late afternoon and 20 minutes for Storybook Land mid morning. Most everything was 5 minutes! We did not do Space or Thunder Mtn, those might have been longer. This was the first time in a very long time that I felt DL wasn't crowded!! Now DTD was another story! At 7pm most restaurants had a1 1/2 to 2 hour wait!!!!

Wow, those are some amazing wait times!

If you haven't made other arrangements yet, I would be more than happy to send you a birthday button.
As far as I know, the honorary citizen buttons are still available. I had received one from a CM in Carsland during one trip. And one during another trip, while at Disneyland.

Sorry for the delayed response, Gisele! Thanks so much for offering, but Aladora was able to help me out (Public thanks to her too!).

I wouldn't describe park attendance as being low this week. Fantasmic does help with lines being thinned out for a bit.

Just went February 6-9th. Great trip. Managed to do every open ride in California Adventure on the Saturday (7th) and between our afternoon/evening on the 6th and the full day on the 8th in Disneyland we got all the open rides done there too. Got on Star Tours, Indiana, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, and Toy Story two times; Pirates and Twilight Zone three times, and Screamin' and Radiator Springs four times (the latter was single rider twice, fastpass once, and rope drop for the first time). We didn't wait more than thirty five minutes for anything. Also saw twenty two characters. Don't think I ever had a trip that productive!

At California Adventure, we ran to RSR (well, walked fast and with purpose) at rope drop and hopped in the RSR standby line. We were in the third car so no wait. Our second day in DCA was a magic morning, so by the time we entered it was a sixty minute wait. We did single rider and walked on the first time (with a sixty minute wait we WALKED ON, can you believe it?) and waited twenty-five minutes the second time with a longer stand by wait.
We saw twenty characters on our last day in Disneyland, mostly in the morning. We went to the Fantasy Faire and saw the three indoors (only one family ahead of us), caught Poppins and Bert on Mainstreet, Alice and the Mad Hatter by teacups, Peter Pan at Snow White's fountain, then Ariel, Pluto, Dale, and Goofy on Main street. Then we saw Minnie and Mickey in Toontown and Rapunzel and Merida under the Fantasy Faire umbrella's later (we had to make an effort for those last two and wait a bit). Ran into Aladdin, Jasmine, and the Genie at Aladdin's Oasis and had to wait a few minutes for them. Then we saw Captain America in innoventions. That was a Sunday too, so I was expecting bigger crowds. But we saw most of those characters in the morning - like we saw Mickey before...eleven am? Definitely before lunch.

Just a little tip, we also caught part of the Soundsational Parade (which we'd already seen so we didn't care too much) from the Jolly Holiday bakery as we were eating dinner. Not crowded at all, we just picked a table outside with a view. Pretty neat.

We leave on Tuesday, and are supposed to be getting rain/sleet/ice starting Sunday through Monday. I'm starting to panic a little because some of the forecasts have it extended into Tuesday, but either way the roads won't be great going to the airport Tuesday morning. We have to be there by 6am. Wish us luck!

Suit cases are out & clothes a flying! I'm very glad I upgraded our suit case size. :rolleyes1We are family of 4. We will check 4 suit cases, and 1 carry-on small roller each. Total over packer-LOL.

Trying to decide if I should pack beach towels...already have kids blankets and all their other stuff we have a boot load! But will probably pack at least 2 beach towels as we will be at the beach too during our San Diego part of trip.:sunny:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter