*-Official February 2015 Thread-*

We leave a week from today for my daughter's 13th birthday adventure! We got a lot of snow last night but I'm hoping the weather is good next Monday so we can make it out.

Thanks for the clothing suggestions. We usually go when it's warmer so I've been struggling with what to pack.

Is anyone going to be swimming ? The high is 80 when we arrive on Sunday... and since the pools are heated, that sounds like awesome swimming weather- anyone else? (I would have to go buy a suit!)

Mom will at least be headed in at some point. If she does exercises in a heated pool then her foot should be able to withstand all the traveling around for a week. It's perfect that the resort pools are heated! We're all packing suits (ugh) so at least one of us will be with her. Now if only the forecast would stop switching between snow & rain for this weekend. :scared:

AHH- the low Wed is 45- so cold!
That is our Epcot day, I think we need to bundle way up for Illuminations.
I am packing beanies too...our hoodies are not warm enough for 45.

Only 7 days and counting!!! I would welcome any ideas for hints to give our DD! We don't want to unload the big surprise the day of so we thought a hint/day would be fun pirate:

AHH- the low Wed is 45- so cold!.

Yes, but even 40s will probably feel warm compared to the negatives we just had recently! :cool2:

Only 7 days and counting!!! I would welcome any ideas for hints to give our DD! We don't want to unload the big surprise the day of so we thought a hint/day would be fun pirate:

How old is she? Has she been before? Starting off a morning with Mickey pancakes can't hurt.

Due to arrive tonight. Woke up this morning to a CANCELED flight! me: :mad: wife: :sad: There's not even that much snow... just windy... and not even that windy later when our flight was due to depart... darn Southwest.

Did some crazy fast scrambling and we're now renting a car from the airport we were supposed to leave from (Islip, Long Island, NY) and driving it one way to Philadelphia and was able to change our flight to depart from there. Now arriving one hour earlier then anticipated! :yay:

Just wish us luck on the 2.75 hour drive to Philly that it's uneventful.

On the magical express now! What an adventure. Whew.

So glad you made it! What a story/memory you now have!

Yes, but even 40s will probably feel warm compared to the negatives we just had recently! :cool2:

How old is she? Has she been before? Starting off a morning with Mickey pancakes can't hurt.

Yes!! Mickey shaped pancakes would be perfect! I just picked up a new box of mix today before reading your post! Great minds :teacher: My DD is 4 going on 14 LoL! She's loving the daily hints #1 We're going on a trip
Today, #2 here's a picture of our hotel (CBR). After clues #3-5 we will do the pancakes
Thanks for the suggestion!

4 days and counting! Packing for FL weather is killing me! I think we are bringing our entire closets with us at this point.
We are leaving one week from today and I have no idea what I will pack. I've seen forecasts for 62 one day and 80 another.

(Warning: Vent ahead) Less than 24 hours out from being on the road and I'm still not packed. Blaming Dad and his inability to stay away from cigarettes (long story short, he smokes in the house near my room, I can't breathe). Someone remind me why I'm willing to coop myself up in a car/plane/resort room with him for a full week again? The more he stomps around the house about it, the less I lose sight of why it's worth it. */vent over*

(Warning: Vent ahead) Less than 24 hours out from being on the road and I'm still not packed. Blaming Dad and his inability to stay away from cigarettes (long story short, he smokes in the house near my room, I can't breathe). Someone remind me why I'm willing to coop myself up in a car/plane/resort room with him for a full week again? The more he stomps around the house about it, the less I lose sight of why it's worth it. */vent over*

You are doing it to have fun at Disney. Just relax stop venting and enjoy your trip. It will be all right. Also there is hardly anywhere where smokers can smoke anymore in Disney which should make you happy (makes me happy too). Happy trails.

Home after a very cold week. We were able to wear shorts at the beginning of the week, but by the end it was jeans and layers. One night I had on a fleece, hoodie, and my windbreaker over it. The wind coming off the water was crazy cold. But we had a great time, tried some new places to eat, saw a friend from high school, a college friend who is a cast member of Little Mermaid at HS, and a friend I worked for during the summers when I Was in college. Ate way too many cupcakes! One Dole Whip, 2 banana cabanas and 1 margarita ;)

We leave 2nite! No parks til Monday and still doing laundry but leaving home in a few short hours! Or long hours depending on how long this laundry takes lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter