Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

How long from the Pol to the Contemporary. I am in a ECV, so I was thinking monorail. Any suggestions?

If it's not at a MK-opening or closing time, and if the monorail is in good working order (both are big "ifs"), I would guess it would take about 10-15 minutes after boarding.

During PM EMH at MK, the monorails would stop running an hour after park close. I know that watercraft go to the MK resorts, but is there some type of transportation to the Ticket and Transportation Center? I'm aware we could always boat to the Polynesian and then walk to the TTC, but is there direct transportation to the TTC post-one hour after closure?

If i have a late dinner (9pm) at ft wilderness and need to get to SSR what would be best. I was thinking boat to Contemporary and walk to MK but MK closes at 7 pm so no monorail. Epcot would be open till 11:30 that night if that matters. Please help as I need to know if I have to change ADR for a Dec trip.:confused3

Thank you

If i have a late dinner (9pm) at ft wilderness and need to get to SSR what would be best. I was thinking boat to Contemporary and walk to MK but MK closes at 7 pm so no monorail. Epcot would be open till 11:30 that night if that matters.
Yes, it matters.

If you're out of the restaurant by 30 minutes before Epcot closes, you can take the internal FtW shuttle to the Outpost, then bus to Epcot, and then bus to the resort.

If all the parks are closed by the time you get out, you would have to take the bus from Outpost to DTD and change there. I think buses pick up at the resorts for DTD until midnight.

If i have a late dinner (9pm) at ft wilderness and need to get to SSR what would be best. I was thinking boat to Contemporary and walk to MK but MK closes at 7 pm so no monorail. Epcot would be open till 11:30 that night if that matters. Please help as I need to know if I have to change ADR for a Dec trip.:confused3

Thank you

If MK is closing at 7:00 because of the Christmas party, they should still be running buses until an hour or so after the party ends.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I knew I could count on my Dis friends to sort this out for me. I didnt even think of the xmas party so I still may be able to get to MK to take monorail. I know its silly but I like to boat rides...:rotfl2:

On Saturday afternoon, I'd like to go from AK to WWOS by taxi to minimize the travel time.

Are there taxis waiting at AK, or should I catch a bus to AKL to get a taxi there?

What is the longest that a taxi from AK or AKL would likely take?

On Saturday afternoon, I'd like to go from AK to WWOS by taxi to minimize the travel time.

Are there taxis waiting at AK, or should I catch a bus to AKL to get a taxi there?

What is the longest that a taxi from AK or AKL would likely take?

There will be plenty of taxis available. The ride itself should take about 10 minutes.

I am renting some camera equipment from LensPal in Winter Garden. I have a breakfast reservation at the Contemporary and am driving from there to the store. Google maps is showing the route traveling along World Drive past the Magic Kingdom (Tomorrowland side) to Center Drive and then Reams Road. My question is whether this route is open to general traffic since it seems to lead through a rather backstage looking area before arriving at Winter Garden. I am not sure if part of this route could be employee only. Google Street View ends just past the stop light where the Disney buses turn left into the Magic Kingdom.

Thanks

What's the easiest way to get from Epcot to Downtown Disney (and back)? We have a lunch ressie at T-Rex, and are doing Epcot both before and after lunch.

Thanks!

The fastest and easiest is by taxi, cost approx $15 plus tip and take 10-15 minutes from the taxi stand which is located at the bus stop. Otherwise walk over to one of the Epcot resorts (closest is the Beach Club) and get a bus to DTD from there, plan on it taking a min of an hour from the International Gateway located between the UK and France in the World Showcase.

If anyone has any guidance:

A/K-->chef mickeys at contemporary. (6:50pm)
POP-->Epcot (is bus best?)

The other 2 days we will be at M/K so we'll probably use busses to/from POP.

We'd like to try the monorail a couple times for fun. How much longer does it take if we detour by:
POP-->contemporary-->m/k or vise versa at end of day?

If anyone has any guidance:

A/K-->chef mickeys at contemporary. (6:50pm)
POP-->Epcot (is bus best?)

Direct bus for both.

The other 2 days we will be at M/K so we'll probably use busses to/from POP.

Yep.

We'd like to try the monorail a couple times for fun. How much longer does it take if we detour by:
POP-->contemporary-->m/k or vise versa at end of day?

There is no direct transportation between resorts, sotThe only way you could do this is to take the bus to MK and then just take the monorail loop around. I think the loop takes about 20 to 30 minutes, assuming the monorail is running correctly. Keep in mind that the monorail has been having quite a few issues lately, so it could take longer than you anticipate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter