***Official January 2023 Thread***

Key Dates

Events from Mid-December 2022 through Mid-February 2023

Open through December 21: Disney Very Merriest After Hours (2022 dates TBD)
Open through December 30: EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays (2022 dates TBD)
Open through December 30: EPCOT Holiday Cookie Stroll (2022 dates TBD)
Open through December 30: EPCOT Candlelight Processional (2022 dates TBD)
Open through December 30: EPCOT Olaf's Holiday Tradition Expedition (2022 dates TBD)
Open through December 30: EPCOT Living with the Land Merry and Bright Nights Holiday Overlay (2022 dates TBD)
Open through December 30: EPCOT American Adventure Gingerbread Display (2022 dates TBD)
Open through December 30: Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll (2022 dates TBD)
December 22 to December 31: Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade (2022 dates TBD)
December 25: WDW Christmas Day Treats and Experiences (2022 events TBD)
December 30 to December 31: Magic Kingdom Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks (2022 dates TBD)
December 31: EPCOT Cheers to the New Year Fireworks (2022 dates TBD)
December 31: Hollywood Studios Dance Party and Countdown (2022 dates TBD)
December 31: WDW New Year's Eve Treats and Experiences (2022 dates TBD)
Open through January 1: Jingle Cruise Holiday Overlay (2023 dates TBD)
Open through January 1: Hollywood Studios Sunset Seasons Greetings (2023 dates TBD)
Open through January 1: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Gingerbread House (2023 dates TBD)
Open through January 2: Disney's Beach Club Resort Gingerbread Carousel (2023 dates TBD)
January 1 to January 31: Disney Springs Health and Wellness (2023 events TBD)
January 4 to January 7: runDisney Health & Fitness Expo
January 4 to January 8: runDisney Virtual Marathon Weekend
January 5 to January 8: runDisney WDW Marathon Weekend
January 11: runDisney Castaway Cay Challenge
January 14 to February 21: EPCOT International Festival of the Arts (2023 dates TBD)
January 14 to February 21: Figment's Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt (2023 dates TBD)
January 14 to February 21: Disney on Broadway Concert Series (2023 dates TBD)
January 14 to February 21: Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine Food Crawl (2023 dates TBD)
February 13: Super Bowl Monday (2023 events TBD)
February 14: WDW Valentine's Day Treats and Experiences (2023 events TBD)

WDW 50th Anniversary Celebration

October 1, 2021 to April 1, 2023 (2023 events TBD)

Removal of Christmas Decorations

January 4 or earlier: Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort (2023 dates TBD)
January 4 or earlier: WDW Christmas Background Music Loops (2023 dates TBD)
January 8 or earlier: WDW Resort Hotels (2023 dates TBD)
January 8 or earlier: WDW Theme Parks (2023 dates TBD)

Remember, it's Christmas All Year Long at the Following Locations!

Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf
Disney Springs Days of Christmas Store
Magic Kingdom Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
EPCOT Die Weihnachts Ecke
(The Christmas Corner)
Hollywood Studios It's a Wonderful Shop (Items May be Available from Celebrity 5 &10)

Disclaimer: All events and dates are subject to change. Please plan your vacations accordingly! :tink:
We’re considering January 18-25ish to avoid MLK and the early month marathon.

I spoke to WDW because their room discounts on their website doesn’t go out online past fall. They told me to check September 22 but that seems a long wait to book a package.

I spoke to WDW because their room discounts on their website doesn’t go out online past fall. They told me to check September 22 but that seems a long wait to book a package.
Yes, it appears that discounts for last December and beyond were released starting in September. So that could be an accurate timeframe for this year, too.

However, you can currently book a room-only reservation over the phone. Or, you could book a package without discounts, once they open up online in the next couple of months.

Someone on another thread says they were told June/July timeframe for booking packages. I think I may go ahead and book room only for Pop Century January 14-21. We’ll just have to get through those first few crowded days, I hope.

I think we’re going to book too so we have something on the books and then can change if discounts come. We are now debating November before TG or January after MLK. Might do a split stay.

Someone on another thread says they were told June/July timeframe for booking packages. I think I may go ahead and book room only for Pop Century January 14-21. We’ll just have to get through those first few crowded days, I hope.
Yes, based on previous patterns, June could be a possibility. In 2019, packages for the following year opened on June 18th. In 2020, it was June 24th. Last year, it was in February, so that date has already flown!

I hope it's not July, though. People have planning to do!

So EXCITED to join this thread! We are booked Jan 22 - Feb 1 for a spilt stay at BLT and OKW. DH, DS and DD have never been to WDW (and I have never been as an adult) - cannot wait!

Do we think that 2023 ticket prices will be available soon? I'm trying to buy through UCT or through my company to save some money but they don't have the ability to purchase for 2023 yet.

Do we think that 2023 ticket prices will be available soon? I'm trying to buy through UCT or through my company to save some money but they don't have the ability to purchase for 2023 yet.
Historically, Disney has picked the third Tuesday or Wednesday of June to release packages and tickets for the following year. However, that has changed a bit over the past couple of years. Still hoping for this month or next!

Hoping to join your ranks! Looking to book late January/early February but we want to take our son and his GF (both 18) so we will be trying to coordinate around both of their schedules. We love the weather in FL in winter, and we are tired of the Christmas decorations/music (last two winter trips were December) so late Jan/Feb seems perfect. I'm thinking CBR for the skyliner, haven't stayed there since the 90s. Hope packages open for booking soon!

Do we think the castle will get covered with scrims this year? I know the 50th anniversary will be continuing through March 2023 if I'm not mistaken, so I'm hoping they don't do anything to the castle this winter as they sometimes do. My son's GF has never been so it's essential the castle not be scrimmed/covered!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter