• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official January 2024 Thread ***

I am never able to get Toppolinos for breakfast and would love to try them. You could do the walk up wait list, if you go early enough you shouldn’t have an issue.
I guess it's just a really hard ADR to get. I was actually shocked at how many character meals were easy to book. I mean, last time I went to WDW was 2016 and my kid was in prime princess age and I had unbelievable stress trying to book them. If I can't get Toppolino's breakfast it's NBD. Actually I do have it booked on my rest day, but we will be at the Drury by then (hotel switch day) and the skyliner is down so I'll likely cancel it. Also my daughter is a teen now and so she is "embarassed" by her mom having fun at character meals. We have some nice breakfasts and dinners lined up and everything else shouldn't be hard to book when the 60 day offsite window opens up - I'm not going to wake up early and stress about it. This trip is going to be go with the flow!

Oh I also booked Oga's Cantina. May cancel though due to reviews (expensive drinks and we are not drinkers anyway, crowded, either standing at the bar or crammed into a table with strangers). Is it possible to go in there with a reservation, just have a quick non alcoholic drink and leave?

Just switched my Oga's cantina reservation to the 9:45pm (last one of the night). That way it won't be as busy hopefully! My husband and I are huge Star Wars fans and I think as long as we get a seat we'll have fun.

I guess it's just a really hard ADR to get. I was actually shocked at how many character meals were easy to book. I mean, last time I went to WDW was 2016 and my kid was in prime princess age and I had unbelievable stress trying to book them. If I can't get Toppolino's breakfast it's NBD. Actually I do have it booked on my rest day, but we will be at the Drury by then (hotel switch day) and the skyliner is down so I'll likely cancel it. Also my daughter is a teen now and so she is "embarassed" by her mom having fun at character meals. We have some nice breakfasts and dinners lined up and everything else shouldn't be hard to book when the 60 day offsite window opens up - I'm not going to wake up early and stress about it. This trip is going to be go with the flow!

Oh I also booked Oga's Cantina. May cancel though due to reviews (expensive drinks and we are not drinkers anyway, crowded, either standing at the bar or crammed into a table with strangers). Is it possible to go in there with a reservation, just have a quick non alcoholic drink and leave?
We don't drink alcohol and we have gone there twice. Once at WDW and once at DL. Preferred DL cause they have a really good soft pretzel. It was kind of hard for us because we aren't outgoing so being at a table with a bunch of other people was challenging. Glad we went though.

Hi everyone! Joining in on the fun! We will be taking a quick, 2 day trip to Disney! We will be there Jan 4-7 and staying off site. We will be in Epcot on the 5th and Magic Kingdom on the 6th. A few things that have me a little nervous… traffic driving to park opening due to the runDisney races and also just staying offsite. I am so used to staying onsite so this will be completely new. We are thinking of doing one Table Service on our arrival day… most likely at Disney Springs but we haven’t decided yet where to go.

What are the odds of it being rainy in the parks in January?? and if it's rainy that time of year, it is typically cooler and rainy or warm?

What are the odds of it being rainy in the parks in January?? and if it's rainy that time of year, it is typically cooler and rainy or warm?
We went at the end of January / early February in 2020 and did not have any rain. We mostly wore capri pants/ shorts with t-shirts, until the evening time. Whereas in November, we got rained on because of the hurricanes. >.<

Hi everyone! Joining in on the fun! We will be taking a quick, 2 day trip to Disney! We will be there Jan 4-7 and staying off site. We will be in Epcot on the 5th and Magic Kingdom on the 6th. A few things that have me a little nervous… traffic driving to park opening due to the runDisney races and also just staying offsite. I am so used to staying onsite so this will be completely new. We are thinking of doing one Table Service on our arrival day… most likely at Disney Springs but we haven’t decided yet where to go.
Welcome! I've added you to the roll call. I'm nervous being partially offsite, especially since we won't have a car. Our hotel has a shuttle and we're pretty used to using Uber/Lyft when we travel. I'm not sure what traffic will be like to the parks.

We went at the end of January / early February in 2020 and did not have any rain. We mostly wore capri pants/ shorts with t-shirts, until the evening time. Whereas in November, we got rained on because of the hurricanes. >.<

That's great news! hopefully it will be warm enough to use the pools but not gross hot!

Can't believe this, but just booked for January 9-13 at Caribbean Beach!

Was not going to do a family vacation because DD25 is getting married in June and now DD22 a year after that, but also, it worked out for all of us including the fiancees to do that week. Get a last fling in before the weddings, new jobs, moving, etc. Got the dining card promo so we'll have a total of $960 for food. We bring breakfast food, and do counter service, so it should cover it all!

Has anyone tried to book an EPCOT fireworks dining package for Jan 22 - 30? I've been trying for the 25th and checking for the 29th (looks like it hasn't dropped yet) ever since ADR day, and have not been successful.

Very excited about our trip but now kind of paranoid about getting sick in the park. My daughter has been ill for like a month (cold/flu off and on) and has missed so much school. I was reading a thread on Facebook and all these people describing absolute horror stories of getting sick in the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter