*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

For those of you who have already finished your trip or are there now, how are the changes to Downtown Disney progressing? I was down there in the spring when they were just getting started and am curious what I will see when I head down this coming Saturday?

Please post any pictures if you have some.

4 Days and counting...

Thanks

Dan

For those of you who have already finished your trip or are there now, how are the changes to Downtown Disney progressing? I was down there in the spring when they were just getting started and am curious what I will see when I head down this coming Saturday?

Please post any pictures if you have some.

4 Days and counting...

Thanks

Dan
There are walls up all over and it is crowded and narrow to walk through. So far we've been twice and have only been to the Earl of Sandwhich side.

Cannot believe 7DMT is going to be down all day on the day we have FP scheduled.
Oh that's too bad. Is that today? We went on it the other day and have another fp for tue.

There are walls up all over and it is crowded and narrow to walk through. So far we've been twice and have only been to the Earl of Sandwhich side. Oh that's too bad. Is that today? We went on it the other day and have another fp for tue.

As far as I know just today. We only have a fast pass for it for today. Only plus is I can use that one for almost anything else before closing. Looking at BTMRR. Everything we've gone on, my DD has said "next year...fast pass"

Yes, it's hot, beyond hot this week. AK was steamy yesterday, HS better, but still oppressive. However, we are here and we keep on moving, and sitting in air conditioning every chance we can. :-)

rainydayplay said:
As far as I know just today. We only have a fast pass for it for today. Only plus is I can use that one for almost anything else before closing. Looking at BTMRR. Everything we've gone on, my DD has said "next year...fast pass"

Why is it down? I haven't looked at the weather.

DS3 was so excited about "Mickey button-turn green!" whether it was us or another guest going through. By the end of the week, he was hollering "fast pass!" in the same way Wilma Flintstone yells "charge!"

I didnt really want to use a FP for character greeting, but using it for Adventure Outpost in AK was well worth it. We also went to Rafiki's area and played games with Chip and Dale. Those were great memories.

Why is it down? I haven't looked at the weather. DS3 was so excited about "Mickey button-turn green!" whether it was us or another guest going through. By the end of the week, he was hollering "fast pass!" in the same way Wilma Flintstone yells "charge!" I didnt really want to use a FP for character greeting, but using it for Adventure Outpost in AK was well worth it. We also went to Rafiki's area and played games with Chip and Dale. Those were great memories.

Absolutely no idea why it's down. I'll post the email I got at a later time. Can't be the weather, because it has just been hot and humid all day.

I wound up going through the AK line for Chip and Dale by myself. I was afraid DD would miss them (she didn't), but now I see why adults go through the character greets. They signed our pillow case, gushed over my bday button, linked arms with me for the pictures, and Dale snored on my shoulder.

Today was laundry day. After that we wandered over to look at POR and will be heading out to DTD again soon. Anyone know what Disney Quest is exactly and how long it takes ?

Went to Epcot today. I was wearing 100 SPF and I think I still got a little burn. Holy cow was it hot today. We went to downtown last night and I couldn't figure out where I was half of the time because walls are up everywhere.

Our June 6th - 14th trip was unbelievably hot and humid. At one point my husband told me "I will never complain about heat in Los Angeles again." I looked around to see if there was a notary nearby.

Well we are home, had a good,but hot/humid and hectic time... I will never go after the first week of June again. We went this time because of DH fixing to deploy. I will stick to fall and early spring months. Maybe it is just because we are use to lower crowds, but it was just miserable. Luckily for our favorite rides we either had FP or were able to get on first thing. By the time mid afternoon hit we were ready to leave. We are used to the heat, but when you put crowds with it..yikes.. even the kids were ready to leave. What makes the crowds worse, really is because of rudeness, I have never been bumped into, elbowed,pushed so much in my life without any apologies, or excuse me's , smh:sad2: I know everyone raises their kids differently, but can't believe how many have been raised with no manners, guess the do what they see their parents do, *sigh... ok done with the ranting,lol;) overall, still love Disney and can't wait til our next trip(in fall):goodvibes

This was pretty much our week. We staked out our spot for the parade early, still got squashed in, then a woman pushed her daughters into mine to where they stepped on her and shoved my DH so much he couldn't even lift his arms to take a pic with his camera. He said something to her but she wouldn't move so he got mad and left. I said 'the least you could do now that you ran my husband off is not block me from my daughter.' We didn't stay for Wishes. :(

The resort was nice and clean as usual, the food was great as usual, but the crowds and heat combined were stressful. There was very little selection for 4th Fastpasses that made it worth going to a kiosk. Usually the ones available had short wait times anyways. Never saw any availability for parades, but I didn't want to give up 1 of the 3 to get one in advance.

We'll go again, but not this late in June!

For those of you who have already finished your trip or are there now, how are the changes to Downtown Disney progressing? I was down there in the spring when they were just getting started and am curious what I will see when I head down this coming Saturday? Please post any pictures if you have some. 4 Days and counting... Thanks Dan

I absolutely loved the Marketplace Co-op! So fun to shop, wish I had unlimited funding! Haha

I leave tomorrow, and I'm super excited.

I know it is hot and crowded, but it always is when we go. I just dream of the POFQ pool to make me happy. :)

Hi Junies! I made it back on Sunday but I have been too busy to check in. I am hoping to start up my trip report tonight or tomorrow so be sure to follow along (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3282567) to hear about my fun time in Disney!

One thing, if you have never been down in the summer before, knowing its going to be hot and experiencing it are two different things! That is my word of warning :)

Hi Junies! I made it back on Sunday but I have been too busy to check in. I am hoping to start up my trip report tonight or tomorrow so be sure to follow along (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3282567) to hear about my fun time in Disney!

One thing, if you have never been down in the summer before, knowing its going to be hot and experiencing it are two different things! That is my word of warning :)

Glad you made it home safely! I went outside today and it was 85 degrees, but I was sure looking for the Florida heat.

DS3 went out into his wading pool. Came back in and wanted his big floaties on. I said he doesn't need it because the little pool isn't the same, but he is into safety. :thumbsup2

It's so hard to get back into the everyday.

I know what you mean, MOpGrad2013. Today was my first day back at work and boy was I slow. I also found myself using the Disney two-finger-point to assist customers toward the allergy meds aisle.

Our weekend actually went really well. Rain came in the middle of the day and we were sweating a lot of the other hours but overall the good outweighed the bad. Squishy even got to see a lot of the things she wanted aside from stopping in Italy. We even ran into some of those groups-which-shall-not-be-named and they weren't bad at all. Compiling my notes and pictures over the next couple weeks between shifts to update our P/TR (which I'll link in my siggie soon). It's nice to be home but it was great to be in Florida. Dad already wants me to start planning another family vacation for his birthday. Only 244 days for next year (or more logically 605 days til 2016).

I know what you mean about counting down to the next trip! My whole family was asking when can we go back? as soon as they got up our first morning home! Of course I am just as bad since I was checking the room info folder for bounceback offers before we left!:P

266 days until I go back! I'm head chaperone for a senior class trip every year. It's not as great as our family trip is but I can get my fix. :) For $125 I get transportation, hotel, food, one day at Universal Parks and two days at Disney! It's the best gig at school! Kids have to pay $750, which is still good considering everything they get. I have a LONG waiting list of want-to-be chaperones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter