***Official June 2022 Thread***

I was out running errands and got a notification from Touring Plans that a dinner reservation opened up at ‘Ohana for our arrival day! I was at the voting polls, and by the time I clicked the link, it said the time wasn’t available anymore 😖

BUT THEN! When I got home a little while later I decided to try searching myself and I found TWO time slots! So I snagged the earlier time and now I’m officially done booking ADRs! (Probably lol)
Glad It worked out. I’m still trying to adjust one thing, and I am beginning to think it’s not going to happen. We have a month and two weeks left before we leave though,so here’s Hoping.

Wait…. We are sharing the same kid. My daughter is 15 and has a list of Hot Topic/ Boxlunch outfits she NEEDS because she is bored with her old Disney clothes. I have dutifully informed her she will be buying it out of her own money she has saved.

My 15 year old DD did the exact same thing. I took her to a second hand shop and told her I’d pay for anything she wanted there (everything is less than $5 per item there) and anything else she had to pay for herself, guess who found everything she wanted at the second hand shop.

Also, I don’t know about you guys, but being ‘done’ planning and booking things has got me feeling antsy. Today I bought compression socks, just cause you never know what I might need. 🤣

I got an Amazon order in this week and I think I got 3 different products each for: humidity hair, sore feet, and chaffing. 🤣 We sat down with the packing list this week trying to make sure everyone’s “must haves” are on it and DH asked if we were renting a Uhaul. 🤦🏼‍♀️

I am a teacher and we have 2.5 weeks left of school. I’ve got that long to wrap up school and then the obsessing goes full on. Hopefully Guardians strategies will start to be posted in time for our trip so I can figure all that out.

Speaking of packing - does anyone have a list of specific must-have items for a summer Disney trip? The last time I went I was 9 and not in charge of packing 😅 I feel like ponchos and portable phone chargers are a must, and I saw the earlier posts about personal fans…anything else that you wouldn’t normally pack for a vacation but definitely need for Disney?

Speaking of packing - does anyone have a list of specific must-have items for a summer Disney trip? The last time I went I was 9 and not in charge of packing 😅 I feel like ponchos and portable phone chargers are a must, and I saw the earlier posts about personal fans…anything else that you wouldn’t normally pack for a vacation but definitely need for Disney?

My absolute must is Re-usable staws. I use the silicone ones and carry them around on a clip. (I bought these at the dollar tree and then added the stickers) They use paper straws at Disney World, so this may not be a big deal for people but I can’t finish a drink before my paper straw starts to dissolve.
image.jpg

I always bring anti-chafing stuff for my feet (and anywhere else that might need it). My favorite is Body Glide, and I have never gotten a blister since I started using that stuff. I also bring cooling towels, and we use waterproof shoe covers when it rains. I prefer to carry those rather than a pair of sandals, especially because I can't walk for very long in sandals before my feet, ankles, knees and hips all start to hurt. I pack our ponchos and shoe covers in silicone zip-top bags to keep everything else in my backpack dry.

For our hotel room, I bring an over-the-door shoe organizer to hold small items in the room - sunscreen, magic bands, snacks, etc. to keep things a little more contained. This trip we're also bringing hanging shelves for the closet area to store things since it will be 5 of us (3 adults and 2 teens) in a 5th sleeper at CBR.

Today I went through my Disney bin and made sure I had everything ready to go. I fixed a couple of my hats and went through my pins to make sure I was ready to trade again. We're planning on putting up a little pin trading board on our door at CBR so I'm working on that, too. Is it too early to get out the suitcases? :earsgirl:

We bring ziplock bags to stick our phones in during the inevitable afternoon downpours. Also anti-frizz hair products. That humidity is not kind to curly-haired folks like me!

I always bring anti-chafing stuff for my feet (and anywhere else that might need it). My favorite is Body Glide, and I have never gotten a blister since I started using that stuff. I also bring cooling towels, and we use waterproof shoe covers when it rains. I prefer to carry those rather than a pair of sandals, especially because I can't walk for very long in sandals before my feet, ankles, knees and hips all start to hurt. I pack our ponchos and shoe covers in silicone zip-top bags to keep everything else in my backpack dry.

For our hotel room, I bring an over-the-door shoe organizer to hold small items in the room - sunscreen, magic bands, snacks, etc. to keep things a little more contained. This trip we're also bringing hanging shelves for the closet area to store things since it will be 5 of us (3 adults and 2 teens) in a 5th sleeper at CBR.

Today I went through my Disney bin and made sure I had everything ready to go. I fixed a couple of my hats and went through my pins to make sure I was ready to trade again. We're planning on putting up a little pin trading board on our door at CBR so I'm working on that, too. Is it too early to get out the suitcases? :earsgirl:
Shoe covers!
We go every summer and I thought I knew everything to bring! Ponchos, neck fans, zip locks, sandals for walking in the rain, small umbrellas, hats, sunscreen, water bottles, laundry pods, popup laundry basket, etc. But I never thought to get shoe covers. My DH only wears sneakers and they always get wet. I've already added to my amazon list!!
Thank you!

Shoe covers!
We go every summer and I thought I knew everything to bring! Ponchos, neck fans, zip locks, sandals for walking in the rain, small umbrellas, hats, sunscreen, water bottles, laundry pods, popup laundry basket, etc. But I never thought to get shoe covers. My DH only wears sneakers and they always get wet. I've already added to my amazon list!!
Thank you!

Glad to help! I know some people hate them, but once we got used to putting them on and off and walking in them, we love them now. Well, most of us. The 16 yr old DD is not a fan because they are "dorky" and she would rather suffer in sandals or wet shoes than wear anything that is dorky. Also she wants us to walk far away from her when we are wearing our dorky shoe covers and ponchos because we are decidedly not cool. :rotfl2:

Make sure you get the kind that have some kind of grip/traction on the bottoms. Some surfaces can be super slippery and if your shoe covers don't have grip, you can quickly find yourself sitting in a puddle (as I discovered with my first pair). I also recommend practicing putting them on and taking them off a few times because some are easier than others. My favorite pair take more effort to get on but have better traction and fewer potential leak spots. My son prefers a brand that is faster for getting on and off but occasionally leaks a little around the ankles.

Glad to help! I know some people hate them, but once we got used to putting them on and off and walking in them, we love them now. Well, most of us. The 16 yr old DD is not a fan because they are "dorky" and she would rather suffer in sandals or wet shoes than wear anything that is dorky. Also she wants us to walk far away from her when we are wearing our dorky shoe covers and ponchos because we are decidedly not cool. :rotfl2:

Make sure you get the kind that have some kind of grip/traction on the bottoms. Some surfaces can be super slippery and if your shoe covers don't have grip, you can quickly find yourself sitting in a puddle (as I discovered with my first pair). I also recommend practicing putting them on and taking them off a few times because some are easier than others. My favorite pair take more effort to get on but have better traction and fewer potential leak spots. My son prefers a brand that is faster for getting on and off but occasionally leaks a little around the ankles.
I think my 17 yo is like your 16 yo lol! She’s at least 20 feet away from us at all times🤣
I’ll keep in mind the traction part. I fall easily enough as is so don’t need any more help with that 😂!

I got an Amazon order in this week and I think I got 3 different products each for: humidity hair, sore feet, and chaffing. 🤣 We sat down with the packing list this week trying to make sure everyone’s “must haves” are on it and DH asked if we were renting a Uhaul. 🤦🏼‍♀️

I am a teacher and we have 2.5 weeks left of school. I’ve got that long to wrap up school and then the obsessing goes full on. Hopefully Guardians strategies will start to be posted in time for our trip so I can figure all that out.

We have 29 days left of school (which amounts to 5 weeks. Not that I'm counting or anything :rotfl2:) I get out on a Friday and we leave the following Tuesday. I have hit the "oh no so much to do so little time!" panic. The musical is this weekend and after that I have a full week where I can get home early so I'm hoping I'll have time to figure out packing one of those days lol.

My usual must haves are:
- small sunscreen
- reuseable straws
- ponchos
- metal water bottle (we have little Simple Modern bottles that we will fill with ice and some water in the morning and the ice stays for a good chunk of the day so we just refill the water as we go and they have been a life saver the last few trips)
- a small bottle of tums
- a small bottle of pain reliever
- tissues and bandaids
- a baggie for electronics
- poncho
- personal fan

I know most of these were already mentioned but these are the main things I always pack in my park bag so I just copy and pasted my list :)

Outside of the standard Disney needs, in the hot months I always include dry shampoo and leave in conditioner for the hotel room, and a travel size deodorant for my park bag. The humidity in Florida frizzes out my wavy hair something awful, and I NEED that deodorant within hours of entering the park! 😆

It has seriously been 20 days since I made dining reservations... We have thirty nine days till we pack up and head out. Holy cow! Time is really starting to fly! I'm so busy checking travel supplies, and packing lists that its crazy. It's almost time Y'all!

I'm also adding the shoe covers..Great tip. My boys only wear tennis shoes and inevitably their shoes get wet and the complaining ensues

Some of my must have items:
sewing kit
safety pins
small scissors(you wouldn't believe all the times we've needed these!)
pop up hampers
Ziplock bags
straws(I hate the paper straws at disney!)
umbrellas/ponchos
googles for the pool
reusable water bottle(I fill it up with ice in the am and drink it as it melts and/or refill with water from quick serve locations.

Other than this list, everything else is pretty standard.

After reviewing menus and various discussions around eating and schedules, our crew decided to add a very late dinner (8:45) at Boma the night before our rest day. We aren't renting a car, so I pointed out to the group that we would need to use an uber/lyft to get back to CBR that late at night. The budget-focused person asked if there was any way to take a bus, and I said I'm pretty sure that late at night the best we could do would be a bus to Disney Springs and then catch another bus back to CBR, and that would be around an hour at least.

Does that sound about right to you? I think I'm going to argue that even though we have to pay extra for the larger vehicle with ride share, it's worth it to avoid trying to get around on buses at 10pm when Disney Springs closes at 11pm.

We're going to try to find an earlier ADR for Boma that day, but everyone was disappointed that Tusker House is family style instead of the previous buffet options, so they wanted to switch. Well, DS14 doesn't care, but he says as long as food is put in front of him and it isn't crazy spicy, he'll eat what's there. Quantity over quality is his motto these days. :rotfl:

I just finished filling my daughters countdown calendar. It's just toilet paper tubes covered with tissue paper and stickers, nothing special. The insides of the tubes are filled with candy and little Toys with some spending money scattered in. The last day has a 100$bill and she gets to open to box on top. It has a gold princess necklace in it. I used to do it with my now adult daughter too when she was small. They always get so excited when they finally get to punch out that first day. 🙂
nn.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter