***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

We still have 22 days before we head down and I can't wait. Since are only down for 3 days I hope the rain stays away, we have had more than enough in North GA so I don't want any on vacation. So far the extended forecast is still looking good for the trip, but always subject to change this far out. We plan on at least starting to pack this weekend, we have most of it centrally located so it really won't take that long. I rounded up and charged the external battery packs for the phones last night. I love reading about everyone's trip so far.

come on weekend!!! this week is cool, then 85 for my trip next week, then back to 75 for a week. I say we get a mob to together and get these weather men.

I would love to hear crowd levels for today.

come on weekend!!! this week is cool, then 85 for my trip next week, then back to 75 for a week. I say we get a mob to together and get these weather men.

I would love to hear crowd levels for today.

Hard to tell so far. Epcot and Magic Kingdom have extra magic hours tonight so later in the day I would assume they get more crowded

En route to the Magic Kingdom- the weather is PERFECT today! 63 degrees and sunny, low humidity, I'm loving it. We have lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern (our first time) and then some afternoon FPs. Not sure if we'll stick around all night or park hop....

En route to the Magic Kingdom- the weather is PERFECT today! 63 degrees and sunny, low humidity, I'm loving it. We have lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern (our first time) and then some afternoon FPs. Not sure if we'll stick around all night or park hop....

Can you look to see if there are any Mickey sippers at Casey's or Cosmic rays?? please, please?

Have fun!!

So we have gone to Disney and are already back. For us it was a quick weekend resort (Pop) only trip for my youngest's birthday. We left at 6:30 AM on Friday morning, arrived by 1PM. Got into the room immediately (building 6, 70's section) and then changed into suits. Had a quick QS lunch then hit the pool for some swimming and pool drinks. It was really great weather. After awhile we showered and went over to AoA to have a QS dinner and check out the resort. My youngest loves Cars. After that it was early to bed after my 4am wake up that morning.

Saturday I was up by 5:30 and hit the QS at 6am for some coffee and a bounty platter to bring back to the room to share (first breakfast). Normally we do a quick first breakfast with items delivered by Prime Now but for such a short trip, we skipped it. Then we eventually headed to Cape May for our 9:10 second breakfast. Great as always and they sang to my LO. Off to Disney Springs to shop, snack, and drink. Rented a Disney stroller there for $31. Never again. I will always use an outside company from now on. I usually do but again this was a one day deal so I decided to try it. Nope. Anyway, we spent all kinds of money because we love our Disney souvenirs. Then it was back to Pop for some more swim time then ready for dinner at Ale & Compass with local friends. GREAT meal. Can't say enough good things and the service was excellent. Walked out by the water for a bit and caught some Illuminations fireworks then decided to head back to the resort.

Unfortunately my LO woke up screaming at 11:30PM and we all kind of freaked out bc he wouldn't stop but my DH walked him around outside and turns out he just wasn't fully awake and had no idea where he was. Once we all settled, it was fine and we were up the next day around 7:30. I made another breakfast run, we packed up and headed to the Vineland Outlet to spend more money! After that, we headed home around noon-ish. But we were headed straight into some bad weather (tornadoes) and it was rough. Had to pull over once due to hail but made it back by 7:30.

Took Monday off for the 5 year old's yearly appointment and just now getting acclimated back to work. Missing Disney already but DH and I will be back for a couples only Disboard friend meet up May 2-5 and then our big family trip is June 8-16. We also have 4 more short trips after that booked.

Thanks for reading my quick and dirty TR!

It's BUSY here today. Bunch of rides going down and lines out the wazoo. Good thing the weather isn't bad, otherwise these crowds would be much, much harder to deal with! Currently in the fastpass like for Big Thunder that's stretched all the way back to the bridge!!

@ChiefM I looked at Cosmic Ray's and didn't see the sippers.... Didn't have the chance to check Casey's yet.

Thanks for the update !!
Hopefully they will get some by the time we get down there at the end of the month.
Enjoy your vacation time!!
I'll take fighting the crowds at Disney over being at work any day!!

16 days for me. The excitement is killing me. This is the first time we've ever surprised my son with a trip. In the past he knew months and months in advance. Its hard not to tell him now!

Saturday is pre-trip vehicle maintenance day and then Sunday is get out the suitcases and starting to pack day.

My Shades of Green reservation finally stays linked in my MDE now. Since the day I made the reservations it would drop off and I would have to re link it. I bet I have re linked it over 50 times or more.

16 days for me and DH. Kids leave with their respective high school ball teams in 15 days.
Happy we can check kids packing Thursday night and then we can pack ourselves Friday night.
Have the list from last two years doing this trip so packing will take no time at all!

Everything finalized.
Acquired a third ticket for Toystory Land extra hours yesterday.
Ordered breakfast items and wine through Garden Grocer.

Now I can get excited! Especially because most of our park time will be at the special ticketed events to avoid the horrendous spring break crowds that DH can't deal with. It will be the first time that the entire fam will be together at Magic Kingdom which makes me so very happy.

Itinerary includes:
3/23
WBC
DS game
Flying Fish for dinner to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary (ate here during our honeymoon)

3/24
Disney Springs
Boathouse for lunch
DS and DD games

3/25
DD game
EPCOT
Sunshine Seasons lunch
DS game
Chefs de France dinner

3/26
DD game
Sanaa lunch
DS game

3/27
6:30 pick up DD from CB (team is leaving on ME for early flight home)
HS Early Morning Magic event
DS game
AK
Tiffins dinner
AK After Hours event (Me and DD)

3/28
pick up DS from CB
MK
Skippers dinner
MK After Hours event (Entire fam!)

3/29
Exotic Animal Experience

3/30
fly home

Last edited:
My husband and I leave next Thursday driving down in my Herbie for Herbie the Love Bug's 50th anniversary! There are several people with cars staying at All Star Movies in the Herbie wing. We will not be going to the parks, but have several cruise-ins and car drives/meet-ups between Thursday and Sunday.

13.5 more days. 2 weeks from now we will HOPEFULLY be somewhere in southern Kentucky or northern Tennessee. I think one of the things I'm most excited about is NOT HAVING TO COOK OR DO DISHES FOR ALMOST 10 DAYS. I'm still trying to modify FPs....trying to move some times up, but of course the things I'm trying to modify are pretty much booked up at this point. Snagged FPs for 2 of us for NRJ that I'm crossing fingers I can turn into FoP either a day or 2 before, or day-of. We are planning to be out of the park for the time I got, so if I can't change it I'll be "setting it free" for some other poor park-goer to snatch up I guess.

SO READY for a fruit and nutella waffle. And a dole whip. And a carrot cake cookie sandwich. and something from les halles. and baklava. While DH and the kiddos are on the coasters, this mama is going to be getting ALL THE SNACKS. who's going to give a pregnant lady a dirty look for eating all the snacks? NO ONE, that's who. :mickeybar

My husband and I leave next Thursday driving down in my Herbie for Herbie the Love Bug's 50th anniversary! There are several people with cars staying at All Star Movies in the Herbie wing. We will not be going to the parks, but have several cruise-ins and car drives/meet-ups between Thursday and Sunday.
Shoot, I'll be driving down thru your neck of the woods, but not until Friday. We would have loved to see Herbie on the road! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter