***Official November 2013***

wow I haven't hopped back on this thread for a bit thinking since it was over a year out it would not be busy...guess I was wrong :)

I am trying to figure out that promo...I am assuming it is only for Values since I am not seeing anything for moderates or deluxe.

I think we are going to hold out and hope for a good AP or general room only discount. With this trip FD really would not work for us.

wow I haven't hopped back on this thread for a bit thinking since it was over a year out it would not be busy...guess I was wrong :)

I am trying to figure out that promo...I am assuming it is only for Values since I am not seeing anything for moderates or deluxe.

I think we are going to hold out and hope for a good AP or general room only discount. With this trip FD really would not work for us.

It wasn't a promo....we were suckered. :rotfl2: That "promo" was actually Dinsey's way of trying to get more traffic on their site is my guess. I've been watching the boards and quite a few people are reporting they have received PINs for next year through September already. So, here's hoping....

I called today again, nothing for us!! :sad: We are going in May and nothing for then either!! Oh well...we will wait and see!:thumbsup2

So excited about planning!! My family went on our first Disney vacation this past March and of course we fell IN LOVE; so much that my DH asked me on our last day when was I going to start planning our next trip. Needless to say he has not had to ask again. Our dates are November 9-15, 2013 and staying at POR. :cheer2::cheer2:

It looks like I will be trying for a grand villa at okw for nov 23rd then move over to the port to board the dream and then back to okw on the 27th for 4 nights in a grand villa

Jumping into this thread.....we are booked for November 2-9 currently at AofA but that is subject to change! Ours is a big family trip, my parents, my DH and DDs, my sister and her hubby and two boys, then 3 single sisters....BIG, FUN Group!

Hoping for at the minimum some kind of discount. Even if it's room only. We have everything priced out and are prepared to pay, so any discount is a HUGE bonus for us!

Obviously flights will be our next thing...we've driven twice and both times stayed off site so this time we'll be flying and staying on property....can't wait!

yankeesmom21 said:
Jumping into this thread.....we are booked for November 2-9 currently at AofA but that is subject to change! Ours is a big family trip, my parents, my DH and DDs, my sister and her hubby and two boys, then 3 single sisters....BIG, FUN Group!

Hoping for at the minimum some kind of discount. Even if it's room only. We have everything priced out and are prepared to pay, so any discount is a HUGE bonus for us!

Obviously flights will be our next thing...we've driven twice and both times stayed off site so this time we'll be flying and staying on property....can't wait!

Going Nov. 15-25. Staying POR for the second time. Love it there!

Which section in AOA. We just stayed there 3 weeks ago and loved it. I loved the pool and the theming was excellent. We stayed in the LM rooms but really want to go back and stay in the Finding Nemo area

Just booked Nov 7-13th at AoA. This is our first family Disney trip. I was there as a kid 25 years ago....should be a little different this time.

Going Nov. 15-25. Staying POR for the second time. Love it there!

We are planning to stay at POR for the second time as well next November. We fell in love with it!!:flower3:

Just booked Nov 7-13th at AoA. This is our first family Disney trip. I was there as a kid 25 years ago....should be a little different this time.

I began planning our first trip in Nov. 2010 and we did not go until this past March. It had been 27 years since I had been, but my DH had never been to WDW. He and our DS's fell in love and now I am planning our second trip for next year. Enjoy planning because it is half of the fun!!:cheer2:

Thanks for link:thumbsup2

I am a firm believer in booking to lock in a deal since you can always change later. Most of our trips I book FD then switch when a room discount comes out as it s better for us as there is just 2 of us and we stay Deluxe

I do the same. :thumbsup2 Actually, I'll book anyway, running the risk of not being there during a deal window. It hasn't failed me yet, but you never know. For us, the resort discount is always better, and that's easier to work around if you pay for the dining package. Anyway, I use AAA and the agent there is always on top of things for me so I get the best discount during the time I'm going. Last year I had a 40% off room discount and it was during free dining as well. She figured out the room discount would save us about $200 more than free dining (there are only 3 of us and DD was 3 at the time). I emailed her already to give her a heads up on our next trip! I'm sure she's thrilled I"m touching base so soon! :lmao:

Well, the grand gathering defects are already taking place, but with those I expected. My BIL informed me yesterday he and his gf will not be going. No surprise. He's very anti-Disney, and DH and I were on the verge of divorce last year until my diagnosis. We decided going through all that wouldn't be in ours, and specifically DD's, best interest if we didn't know what was happening with me. DH and I remain friends, even though the husband/wife love isn't there anymore (at least on my part), so it's not hard to live together. It presents its challenges, but we're definitely friendly toward one another, so it works for now. DH's family doesn't understand it. They understand helping me through all of this, but the don't understand why we would still go on a family vacation together. Even before my diagnosis, we said we would try to take at least one family trip a year, especially if the trip was to Disney. We knew realistically this wouldn't last forever, but while DD is young, we thought it was important to let her know mommy and daddy are still on the same page, still love her, and will always put her first. DH's family is having a really hard time with this, especially his mom. I understand always sticking up for your child, but we're talking extenuating circumstances here. They need to get over it. My MIL wouldn't speak to me at DD's birthday in August. I had to sit next to her and force her to talk, acting like nothing was different. After that she finally got over it, but I was considering not going to their house for xmas eve because of how uncomfortable they were making it. We've since had another gathering and I spent the entire dinner talking to MIL and some to FIL and I think I'm going to go now. I'm much more tolerant of them now. Cancer changes everything. I think that may brush off on them. And to be perfectly honest, in the end, DH and I may work everything out. Do they really want to burn bridges before they even know what's happening?

My family, of course, has been supportive of both of us all along. My dad has issues now and then, but he doesn't show it in public, and he's been taking me to chemo and my appointments, so we've talked a lot about it. He's more understanding now. Makes the in-law situation even harder to take.

Wow, that was a lot of personal information. Sometimes I don't realize how often I am alone, and when I get an avenue like this to relay info, I jump on it! :rotfl2: Sorry for the rant. :rolleyes:

So DH and I are torn between WL and BW. Has anyone been to either and have suggestions? Here are the reasons we're torn:

1) WL is one of the most beautifully decorated (I've heard) resorts at xmas, but the transportation is mostly by bus, except, of course, for the boat to MK. With a 5yo, I'm not sure I want to be dependent on the bus so often.

2) BW doesn't have any restaurants, specifically QS, within the resort. Everything is on the boardwalk and I am gluten free. I can't really eat at the Boardwalk Bakery or things like that, and I don't want to have a granola bar every morning for breakfast or have to do TS every morning either. I like eggs.

3) The one kink in all of this is the convenience. DH and I have been talking about staying in a monorail resort as we did last time (Poly) since it was soooooooooooooooooooooooo :-)hourglass ) ooooooooooooooooooo convenient. However, I liked the Poly, but it wasn't my fave resort. Not enough to jump on it again right away. I'd love to stay in the Contemporary just for a change of pace, but DH doesn't want to stay in BLT (I don't know why, apparently the walk over the concourse is just too much for him :rolleyes2). I'm all for upgrades, but I usually book standard. At the Contemporary, that would mean BLT.

Any suggestions from experience? :confused3

ETA: The Grand Floridian is waaaay out of our league, so that's why it wasn't mentioned at all. Plus at Christmas time, with the gbread house, I would think the traffic there would get a bit annoying.

Hey, Lisa!!! I just hopped on real quick (you know, while I'm supposed to be working?) and .....well, gosh, I don't even know how to phrase it. My heart aches and is overwhelmed at the same time for you.

You can rant any old time you want here. You know that. :love: You are amazing. As you know from last year when I said it, the gods didn't grant me a whole lot in the patience department. You are just so wonderful to have actually dealt with DHs family the way you have the past couple of months. And I think, based on what you've said, that xmas eve will be just fine. You're too strong for it not to be. And, besides, I'll mail you a Disney-based present so you'll have something to smile about all night long. :rotfl:

As for you hotel options. I would say, based on what you've written, to go with WL. Unless, of course, you could squeeze AKL out of it (not sure if it's more pricey or not). We decided not to stay at BW last year (and next year) because of the food options. We really like having a food court.

But those are just my two cents. Hope your day goes well!!! :grouphug:

Imc318,

Life sometimes throws us curveballs and we have to roll with it. I congratulate you and your DH for choosing the well-being of your child at this time over divorcing. You never know what the future has in store for your family; and in-laws need to realize that your marriage and it's current state is you and your husband's decision, not theirs. If your husband is supportive of you then his family needs to be supportive of his decisions.

Anyway, about DISNEY PLANNING, personally I would choose WL for the simple fact that it is beautiful during the holidays (rustic and traditional). I would love to stay there, but our budget won't allow it next year......but we are still going to Disney and staying at our home away from home...POR! Good luck with your family and trip planning!:flower3:

Hi! We're planning on a trip Nov 1st thru 11th. It will be my sons' first time. They will be almost 5 and 2 1/2. Question for anyone who has been there...are we crazy to go during Jersey Week? Is it that crazy? We really want to see the change over from Halloween to Christmas. Just curious!! Thanks!!

Hi! We're planning on a trip Nov 1st thru 11th. It will be my sons' first time. They will be almost 5 and 2 1/2. Question for anyone who has been there...are we crazy to go during Jersey Week? Is it that crazy? We really want to see the change over from Halloween to Christmas. Just curious!! Thanks!!

Welcome!! :wave2:

We are going to be there during "Jersey Week" as well. Yes, a few people from my town go during that week, but I don't think it will be crazy busy. I've checked the historical crowd calendars for that week and, at most, some days have been a 6 or 7, but they're mosting 4 or 5s. I think that is more than doable.

Where are you planning to stay? And I will have a 5.5 year old at that time. :)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I was talking to DH the other night about how I don't seem to be able to connect with any cancer support groups right now and he said, "You have your support group. It's the DIS!" He's so right! This is my happy place and I know I'll always find support here. We all understand each other beyond our every day lives!

My countdown calendar said 385 days this morning. That means 20 days away from one year, when the countdown REALLY begins! Yay! :cool1:

FigmentChick said:
Welcome!! :wave2:

We are going to be there during "Jersey Week" as well. Yes, a few people from my town go during that week, but I don't think it will be crazy busy. I've checked the historical crowd calendars for that week and, at most, some days have been a 6 or 7, but they're mosting 4 or 5s. I think that is more than doable.

Where are you planning to stay? And I will have a 5.5 year old at that time. :)

That's great to hear! Thanks, doesn't sound too bad! I'm so excited to start planning! We are going with my parents and they are big poly fans so we are hoping to stay there. And we like the idea of staying at motorail hotel since the kiddies are little. We are going to try to book it today with my Dads AAA discount and hope its a good one. If not, I hope we get one closer to date. Where are you going to stay?

That's great to hear! Thanks, doesn't sound too bad! I'm so excited to start planning! We are going with my parents and they are big poly fans so we are hoping to stay there. And we like the idea of staying at motorail hotel since the kiddies are little. We are going to try to book it today with my Dads AAA discount and hope its a good one. If not, I hope we get one closer to date. Where are you going to stay?

I would love, love, love to stay at the Poly! :) Alas, it is Port Orleans Riverside (POR) for us. We started staying there in 2009 when we took hubby's mom down with us and, for us, it's home. We love the food court, the bayou setting is great, and the rooms are a good size for the five of us.

We book through AAA all the time. It's a 20% discount, but you'll probably be able to do better, either through free dining or a room discount. Last year we got 40% off the Poly and it was about $900! For us, more than free dining would've been. Still pricey, but almost a thousand off is much more doable. Poly is again in our list of possibles next year. I'm still torn on what resort to pick! (More below)

I would love, love, love to stay at the Poly! :) Alas, it is Port Orleans Riverside (POR) for us. We started staying there in 2009 when we took hubby's mom down with us and, for us, it's home. We love the food court, the bayou setting is great, and the rooms are a good size for the five of us.

Have you been to POR or POFQ for Christmas yet? I heard it was decorated nicely. If we opt for a moderate resort, it'll probably be POFQ.

I'm still wavering on which resort to pick. DH keeps mentioning renting a car if we stay at WL, but I don't see the point. Part of what I like about Disney onsite is the transportation. Renting a car wouldn't chop off much of the time of the buses, when you factor in having to take the tram from the parking lot to the park. And it's an added expense, which I don't want. Part of my issue with WL is waiting around for buses and the 20 minute boat ride to MK. I know the resort is beautiful for Christmas, but how much are we going to be there? Then again, BW has no counter service in the resort.

Hey, does anyone know if there is any way to get to BC/YC from BW by walking? Do you have to take the boat? If that was a quick trip, that may solve my problem. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter