****Official DLR November 2020 Check in****

I know nothing is for sure on the park yet but- I had planned to buy 3 day salute tickets and stay off site 11/26-11/28 then move to GCH 11/29-12/3. I’d use my deluxe AP for 11/29-12/3. With the new reservation service do I need to move on site for all the days? I’d hate to fly In Thursday then not be able to go Thurs- Sat to the parks. And I’m worried that without tickets in the system I still won’t get in the park even if I am on site. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

In another thread it was posted that onsite guests in Shanghai are guaranteed park access so I would think WDW and DLR will be the same
https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/hotels/shanghai-disneyland-hotel/rates-rooms/

@Disney Lvr of Old: If you can make an on site reservation to cover all your dates with a no penalty cancellation policy and keep your original reservations as is for now, you have time to wait until DLR makes official announcements about what they plan to do when they reopen. At that point, you should be able to cancel whichever reservation/s you don't want to keep.

List updated (6/05/20).

I hate this "game playing" on what the best option to have on the books will be. I now have a PPH reservation, a Spring Hill Suites reservation and now have i ticket each linked for myself and my husband (but not my 2 kids). I am not buying any tickets - we were lucky enough to have two comp tickets given to us. I just hope it isn't announced that only full package people can go. Time will tell - I'm just too impatient!

I know nothing is for sure on the park yet but- I had planned to buy 3 day salute tickets and stay off site 11/26-11/28 then move to GCH 11/29-12/3. I’d use my deluxe AP for 11/29-12/3. With the new reservation service do I need to move on site for all the days? I’d hate to fly In Thursday then not be able to go Thurs- Sat to the parks. And I’m worried that without tickets in the system I still won’t get in the park even if I am on site. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
WDW announced today that on site guests are not guaranteed access to the parks (New Reopening Guidelines for Walt Disney World Resort Guests). On site guests at SDL receive priority for access, but not a guarantee. We'll see what happens at DLR!

Hi- thanks for letting me know. I will cancel if they cannot guarantee entrance into the park. I also made PPH reservations for 11/26-11/28 just in case it is smooth sailing. My plan had been to do SWGE and all the rides during the August visit and then relax and wander soaking in the decorations for our November trip. I will cancel both rather than just do November since I won't have done all the new stuff in August when it's less busy. I'm now regretting the AP I purchased. I wonder if they will refund me for it. Thanks for keeping up the board- I will be back full time in a couple weeks!

So let me ask you guys this. We don't plan on staying on-site, we plan on staying at Camelot across the street. I am guessing Good Neighbor hotels will be in the same boat. We would have a valid hotel, and pre-purchased ticket. Do we see this as still being a problem in November? Around Thanksgiving? We are just not sure what to do at this point.

I don't mind reserving, just want to make sure we can get in. Or is this only going to be for the 3 on-site hotels? I know these are just guesses ;o)

Last edited:
Hi- thanks for letting me know. I will cancel if they cannot guarantee entrance into the park. I also made PPH reservations for 11/26-11/28 just in case it is smooth sailing. My plan had been to do SWGE and all the rides during the August visit and then relax and wander soaking in the decorations for our November trip. I will cancel both rather than just do November since I won't have done all the new stuff in August when it's less busy. I'm now regretting the AP I purchased. I wonder if they will refund me for it. Thanks for keeping up the board- I will be back full time in a couple weeks!
Wait on that AP decision until we know more official information from DLR. If APs get priority and if you don't end up staying on site during your entire trip, having an AP might come in handy. And then there is the question of any future trips, too. Just a thought...

So let me ask you guys this. We don't plan on staying on-site, we plan on staying at Camelot across the street. I am guessing Good Neighbor hotels will be in the same boat. We would have a valid hotel, and pre-purchased ticket. Do we see this as still being a problem in November? Around Thanksgiving? We are just not sure what to do at this point.

I don't mind reserving, just want to make sure we can get in. Or is this only going to be for the 3 on-site hotels? I know these are just guesses ;o)
No one can answer your questions right now. You have plenty of time until your trip dates, so hang on until DLR makes an official announcement about what they plan to do about this. They may choose to follow WDW's lead or not. And WDW hasn't even made all the details known about what they plan to do. Be patient -- we're all waiting for official news!

So would you guys recommend booking the trip through the Disney site only? Wanna Get Away just did a drop in pricing, wondering if this will be respected the same way. Flight prices jump yesterday, so trying to decided what the best way to book would be.

So would you guys recommend booking the trip through the Disney site only? Wanna Get Away just did a drop in pricing, wondering if this will be respected the same way. Flight prices jump yesterday, so trying to decided what the best way to book would be.
The WDW prioritization is based on having valid theme park admission and is treating any source of that admission the same, whether an annual pass, tickets purchased from a third-party, tickets purchased through a travel agent, or tickets purchased directly from Disney.

Now Disneyland, with its army of annual passholders, it’s completely different animal, and I would assume prioritization will be completely different. But I guess we’ll find out soon enough. In the meantime, I have multiple hotel reservations both on-site and offsite, and tickets linked to my account. We’re planning to find a way!

Alright we have booked so we can add our name to the list @Disney Lvr of Old!

November 21st - November 27th at Paradise Pier!

Super excited to be going back for our sons 7th Birthday!

Last edited:
I purchased tickets through getawaytoday back in February. I can’t link them in the app though since hard tickets weren’t issued to me...
They did reach out last week to ask what dates I’m planning on using them so hopefully this info is shared with DLR somehow.
I do have a room booked at GCH in case that also plays into priority park access.

Joining the thread! I will be in California November 8th to 13th, and it will be my first DLR visit.

I am going as part of the Backstage Magic Adventure by Disney.

Depending on how vacation days go this year I might add a couple days, and currently have a post night scheduled at the Candy Can Inn.

My May trip was canceled and I was a little depressed about it, so I put research on hold, but am excited to start planning and researching again!

Joining the thread! I will be in California November 8th to 13th, and it will be my first DLR visit.

I am going as part of the Backstage Magic Adventure by Disney.

Depending on how vacation days go this year I might add a couple days, and currently have a post night scheduled at the Candy Can Inn.

My May trip was canceled and I was a little depressed about it, so I put research on hold, but am excited to start planning and researching again!
Welcome to the November thread! Adding you to the list -- let me know if your info is correct or needs to be changed. ;)

We have a reservation for PPH for November and I’m following along! I’m trying not to get toooo excited (and, let’s be honest, failing), because there’s still a lot of unknowns with out of state travel, but still... just the possibility... 💜💜💜

We have a reservation for PPH for November and I’m following along! I’m trying not to get toooo excited (and, let’s be honest, failing), because there’s still a lot of unknowns with out of state travel, but still... just the possibility... 💜💜💜
Dates? So I can add you to the list...

Dates? So I can add you to the list...
I’m scared that if I put dates on, it I will all go to heck, lol. But November 22-28. But we are like 50/50 still, so if you want to wait until we’re more certain, I can definitely update later.

I’m scared that if I put dates on, it I will all go to heck, lol. But November 22-28. But we are like 50/50 still, so if you want to wait until we’re more certain, I can definitely update later.
Let's just add you now -- if you need to make any changes, just let the OP or me know! :) Seeing your name on the list just makes it more real!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter