***Official November 2022 Thread***

LTT will definitely be hard to get, but no harm in trying! Homecomin' and Whispering Canyon also have great homestyle meals. With that said, a lot of the other restaurants will offer a more traditional meal for that day too. I haven't had Cape May's dinner but I heard good things about it.
So, do some restaurants tend to offer a traditional Thanksgiving meal on their menu for that day? Any other Thanksgiving events that are usually seen in the parks?

So, do some restaurants tend to offer a traditional Thanksgiving meal on their menu for that day? Any other Thanksgiving events that are usually seen in the parks?

Yes, when we were there for Thanksgiving in 2019 many restaurants specifically noted in the dining booking that it was for Thanksgiving dinner so you knew what you were getting. I can't speak for every restaurant there, but I'd say somewhere around 20 offered it.

There's not a lot of Thanksgiving specific events, as Christmas decor is already in full swing. I remember seeing a few cookies decorated as turkeys and not much else. EPCOT seemed to have a bit more than the other parks and the American pavilion gave off a Thanksgivingish air.

Joining the November visit club. Woo hoo! We will be there 11/11-11/19. This trip is a HUGE deal for us. It’s a belated 20th wedding anniversary trip for hubby and myself ( anniversary is in September), a first WDW trip for our 2 boys ages 7 and 10, their first time flying as well and my husband and I haven’t been to WDW since 2007. We are regular Disneyland goers. Our kiddos have been begging for a trip to the world so we are so excited to finally make it happen!! Will be planning a fun surprise reveal for them on the day we leave. Any suggestions?
We have never been during the Xmas holidays (I am a complete Christmas nut so combining Disney and xmas is a dream come true) and CANNOT wait to see it all decked out!!
I’m in full blown research and planning mode since Disney World is a completely different animal compared to the land. So much to learn and it’s very overwhelming.
We will only have one day in each park so I’m hoping to really maximize our time and zone in on the rides and attractions that we don’t have in Disneyland. Wish us luck!!!

Ok since it sounds like MVMCP is likely to be back and on our final night which means we won’t be doing MK our last night AND since our last night is a Sunday and Cirque is dark, do you think Fantasmic will be back by then? And will they do dinner packages? As I have said we haven’t been to WDW in 12 years but on of those years back there we did a dinner package that gave us dinner at Mama Melrose and Fantasmic. Thoughts? I want something really special for our last night and the CP is not it. Thanks!

Ok since it sounds like MVMCP is likely to be back and on our final night which means we won’t be doing MK our last night AND since our last night is a Sunday and Cirque is dark, do you think Fantasmic will be back by then? And will they do dinner packages? As I have said we haven’t been to WDW in 12 years but on of those years back there we did a dinner package that gave us dinner at Mama Melrose and Fantasmic. Thoughts? I want something really special for our last night and the CP is not it. Thanks!
I kind of feel like it’s pointless to speculate. There is a lot I thought would be back by now that isn’t. If it is back, sounds like a great end to the trip. If not, maybe a nice fireworks view dinner at Cali Grill or Topolinos?

You’re right. Only thing giving me optimism is Disney has said it will return in 2022. Didn’t they used to do it every night? And did they still do dinner packages? Again it’s been 12 years for us

You’re right. Only thing giving me optimism is Disney has said it will return in 2022. Didn’t they used to do it every night? And did they still do dinner packages? Again it’s been 12 years for us
Before the closure they did have the dinner package. It was offered at Mama Melrose, Hollywood & Vine and Hollywood Brown Derby (price varied by restaurant). And yes it was generally every night. Sometimes they would actually do two shows of Fantasmic (an early show and a late show) at busier times.

We are in the same predicament. Our last night is a Friday which will be a party night. I have that as DHS too. Right now I have us doing one of the three: Fantasmic, CG (during fireworks) or Topolino’s (during fireworks). Another option is doing Topolino’s around 5-6 and then doing fantasmic after. This is of course if fantasmic is back.

I just made park reservations. MK is the only park we are doing twice, so I scheduled it for Sunday (hoping for lower crowds due to MVMCP) and then again for Thanksgiving day (will probably leave early afternoon for dinner, maybe going back for fireworks). We're also avoiding parks with extended hours because there's no way our kids will make it that late anyway. Hoping this strategy gives us just a bit more breathing room at the parks. If not, it's ok. I'm planning on 10/10 every day and will be happy if it's any less.

SW is releasing flights for our trip this week too. I have to say I'm getting excited, our trip finally is starting to feel real!

Southwest flights released tomorrow am, in case anyone needs a reminder!
We just booked! Fares were surprisingly reasonable compared to the spring and summer, even though we are going Thanksgiving week. I couldn't believe it! I was expecting I might have to tweak our arrival/departure day to get a better rate, but I got exactly the dates I wanted. Now I just have to have fingers crossed that my work time off request goes through...

We just booked! Fares were surprisingly reasonable compared to the spring and summer, even though we are going Thanksgiving week. I couldn't believe it! I was expecting I might have to tweak our arrival/departure day to get a better rate, but I got exactly the dates I wanted. Now I just have to have fingers crossed that my work time off request goes through...
Good luck!

Flights rates were not bad! I was able to book everyone on points. The only not quite perfect thing is our flight gets in a bit later than I wanted. If a Christmas party is happening that night I am going to have to tweak our first day park plans away from MK, probably to AK because we can get that done in a half day with Genie+. But I can sit on that for a while until they announce dates.

I have been so hesitant to update my signature and join this group because of my saga of postponed and ultimately cancelled trips the past two years! Short story, a 2020 Spring Break girls' trip was pushed back and back and back and then the person I was supposed to go with ultimately backed out. So, I booked POFQ for my husband and I November 24th-28th to make myself feel better about the whole thing! Now that I have flight tickets from SW's release yesterday, I'm feeling more confident that I'm FINALLY getting back to the world.

Current plans- fly in morning of Thanksgiving & AK park ressies booked; MK booked Friday; Epcot booked Saturday; Sunday brunch somewhere at DS & resort hop to look at Christmas decorations & hopefully Christmas party in whatever form it takes this year- based on past dates, there is usually one the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. Afternoon flight home on Monday. This is going to be a relatively chill trip since my husband doesn't like to go on a ton of the big attractions. I might end up switching my TH/Fri park ressies so we can do Thanksgiving dinner somewhere along the monorail line but other than that I'm pretty pleased with what I have planned out.

Hi~officially joining this group since we have the package booked (hotels, tickets, Genie+), park reservations made and flights from CA booked. SO excited, first trip to WDW for me EVER!!! My daughter is too but I'm more excited. Husband and inlaws have been but it's been a long time. (and no HS or AK for them).

Coming November 12th-22nd, split stay between POR Riverside and The Beach Club.
Tentative plan, to change potentially as Christmas Party dates are announced.

Saturday 11/12: dinner at Boatwrights (since we are staying at Riverside) or Hoop De Doo, any suggestions welcome!

Sunday 11/13: rest day/get to know resort. check out pool. Take boat to Disney Springs. Dinner at Story Book Dining at Artist Point (fingers crossed, seems like a difficult one and it'll only be our 60+1

Monday 11/14: Magic Kingdom. lunch or dinner @ CRT

Tuesday 11/15: Hollywood Studios. maybe QS lunch at Docking Bay 7. back to resort to rest. IDEALLY this would be our Christmas Party night.

Wednesday 11/17: rest/pool day to recoup after late Christmas party. Disney Springs for lunch, lunch at The Boathouse.

Thursday 11/18: Animal Kingdom. breakfast at Pongu Pongu (or ???????). Lunch at Satu'li Canteen. Dinner ????? IDEAS WELCOME

Friday 11/19
: (and the day we check into Beach Club) Epcot. lunch or dinner at Space 220, another hard one. But it'll be our 60+6. Torn on where else to eat that's so unique and fun.

Saturday 11/20: Hollywood Studios. lunch at Sci Fi?

Sunday 11/21: 1/2 rest day/pool day. Cabana. Lunch at Beaches and Cream. Enter Epcot late in day (4 or 5?) for dinner somewhere (?) and Harmonious.

Monday 11/22: Magic
kingdom. lunch or dinner @ BOG

Tuesday 11/23: check out day. breakfast at the Poly OR at Boma? later flight to CA.

This exhausts me to write it all. Any suggestions will be taken as gold. I planned this all myself, my family leaves it all to me. I'm excited but also a Disneyland person so I hope I'm picking right.

Last edited:
I think I’ve decided to do MK on our last full day which is most likely a party night. The sun will be setting around 5:30 pm and they start getting people out the parks around 6ish so I figure we can get some “night” time in. Then we will go back to our room to change and head to CG for dinner during MVMCP fireworks. I haven’t told DD16 this yet but I know she’ll be so excited. She wants a nice dinner on our last night but this will be the cherry on top. And with it being day 9 of our trip I don’t think I’ll have an issue getting our preferred time at CG.

We will then do DHS on checkout day.

Hi~officially joining this group since we have the package booked (hotels, tickets, Genie+), park reservations made and flights from CA booked. SO excited, first trip to WDW for me EVER!!! Daughter is too but I'm more excited. Husband and inlays have been but it's been a long time. (and no HS or AK for them).

Coming November 12th-22nd, split stay between POR Riverside and The Beach Club.
Tentative plan, to change potentially as Christmas Party dates are announced.

Saturday 11/12: dinner at Boatwrights (since we are staying at Riverside) or Hoop De Doo, any suggestions welcome!

Sunday 11/13: rest day/get to know resort. check out pool. Take boat to Disney Springs. Dinner at Story Book Dining at Artist Point (fingers crossed, seems like a difficult one and it'll only be our 60+1

Monday 11/14: Magic Kingdom. lunch or dinner @ CRT

Tuesday 11/15: Hollywood Studios. maybe QS lunch at Docking Bay 7. back to resort to rest. IDEALLY this would be our Christmas Party night.

Wednesday 11/17: rest/pool day to recoup after late Christmas party. Disney Springs for lunch, lunch at The Boathouse.

Thursday 11/18: Animal Kingdom. breakfast at Pongu Pongu (or ???????). Lunch at Satu'li Canteen. Dinner ????? IDEAS WELCOME

Friday 11/19
: (and the day we check into Beach Club) Epcot. lunch or dinner at Space 220, another hard one. But it'll be our 60+6. Torn on where else to eat that's so unique and fun.

Saturday 11/20: Hollywood Studios. lunch at Sci Fi?

Sunday 11/21: 1/2 rest day/pool day. Cabana. Lunch at Beaches and Cream. Enter Epcot late in day (4 or 5?) for dinner somewhere (?) and Harmonious.

Monday 11/22: Magic
kingdom. lunch or dinner @ BOG

Tuesday 11/23: check out day. breakfast at the Poly OR at Boma? later flight to CA.

This exhausts me to write it all. Any suggestions will be taken as gold. I planned this all myself, my family leaves it all to me. I'm excited but also a Disneyland person so I hope I'm picking right.

We always do BOG our last night, good choice. 😀

We also are coming from California. We haven’t been in 12 years so SO much new for us. Thank goodness for these boards or would be totally lost. We have reservations at the Swan (some free nights via Bonvoy) for first 5 nights and then last 2 nights at Contemporary, DH’s favorite. It’s a big birthday for him (we are grey hairs) and just the 2 of us so I splurged as a surprise for him and got us the Tower Club level with theme park view which we did once years and years ago when we had APs and got it at a big discount. Anyway I will take suggestions too, we bought tickets with park hopper, Genie+ and the Memory Maker, all new to us! As an aside I hate this 2 pm hop rule. I have made reservations at all the parks already and hoping we can stick to those though given the MVMCP we may need to switch. We will not do the party, we have done once and that was enough plus $$$. Our current tentative plan>

Monday 14th-Epcot reservation
Arrive around 3:30, probably at Swan by 6. Believe it is likely Epcot has extra hours. Since F&W is on we will go graze. Ride Soarin’ at least, DH favorite ride. Hopefully SE. We’re getting old enough coasters and things like Mission Space are less and less in the cards now.

Tuesday 15th-HS reservation
HOPEFULLY we can get ILL for Rise and G+ for TOT. I am a HUGE SW fan. So def want to spend some time in GE. Where to eat Lunch? Ideas welcome. Then we will do any of the new things we haven’t seen plus old favorites like Muppets. We’ll use G+. Am a bit concerned we won’t get Rise until like 5 pm. Sh we just rope drop it instead? It is MANDATORY that I do it sometime. Dinner? possibly Back to graze F&W at Epcot, but what if we don’t get Rise until late? Not sure what to do.

Wednesday 16th-AK reservation
Hope to get ILL for FOP, Genie+ for Safaris and anything else. We love this park. Maybe lunch Yak & Yeti.
Possible night with MK extra hours and no MVMCP so may hop to MK. Might eat dinner before at Kimonos Or Bluezoo lounge.

Thursday 17th-MK reservation
Genie+ various, we love Splash, Thunder, Pirates, HM, people mover, COP, etc. We are not big Fantasyland people. Rarely go to any rides there. Probably back to Epcot at night. Space 220 lounge? Definitely want to do this.

Friday 18th-HS again
Try to get Rise again and do other things we like. Hop late in day back to AK as we have never been there late. Love to see it late in day. Then dinner at (I forgot the name, the buffet at AKL).

Saturday 19th- move to Contemporary. Park reservation Epcot.
Do our fave rides and graze F&W since last day. MK in evening, IF no MVMCP. Try for Trader Joe’s drink, not sure about dinner.

Sunday 20th, last night. Reservations MK.
Normally our last night we always do MK BUT this may be a MVMCP. So we are hoping Fantasmic dinner package is back by then. We’d do that for our special last night. If not maybe Calif Grill for dinner?

Now I have a big issue as we are flying out to an out of state wedding on September 14, our 60 day dining window. Guess I will have to get up very early. Anyway I will take any thoughts from current veterans as well. We used to go all the time but feel like almost newbies since it’s been 12 years. Thanks

When we went to WDW in February, we used Uber to go from the airport to the hotel. Anything else that we could use that would have a little more magic for the kiddos?

When we went to WDW in February, we used Uber to go from the airport to the hotel. Anything else that we could use that would have a little more magic for the kiddos?
Sunshine Flyer has buses done up to look like old trains on the outside, and sometimes there’s cartoons playing. I think they’re having a sale right now for any trips booked, kids ride free, but I’m not 100% sure on the details

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter