• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

We finally got our tent set up in our backyard yesterday for our weekend run through. We stayed in it last night, mainly because it was raining and it was so relaxing. Our original plan was to just camp tonight, but the rain called. This afternoon we are going to decorate it so we know what we are doing when we decorate it at Disney. We got some battery operated lights from the dollar tree, so we plan to decorate the guy-lines with those, because my DH tripped over them twice last night! Oops. I want to post pictures, but I am not sure how. Any tips?

Get solar light stakes from the dollar store and put them at the end of each tie down tent stake. I think they usually have Halloween ones
We finally got our tent set up in our backyard yesterday for our weekend run through. We stayed in it last night, mainly because it was raining and it was so relaxing. Our original plan was to just camp tonight, but the rain called. This afternoon we are going to decorate it so we know what we are doing when we decorate it at Disney. We got some battery operated lights from the dollar tree, so we plan to decorate the guy-lines with those, because my DH tripped over them twice last night! Oops. I want to post pictures, but I am not sure how. Any tips?

Get solar light stakes from the dollar store and put them at the end of each tie down tent stake. I think they usually have Halloween ones

Omg I didn't even think of that! Thanks for the tip! We will still decorate the guylines, but the rope lights aren't long enough to reach the ground. So a solar light stake would be perfect!

Our Dollar Store has battery powered Halloween lights, orange pumpkins, white skeletons and purple bats. Do you have a Dollar Store anywhere near you?

Well Terri, not that I recall. I'm more of a Dollar General guy myself.

I can get a 12V converter with clips and plug my inverter from the Suburban to it and the lights can plug into the inverter. The clips will go on the golf cart battery poles so like PaHunter, I think I can cobble this together. I also got some of the same purple and orange string lights to put up across the covers of my EZ ups.

Plus DG had some good stuff in stock now so I'm relatively happy with what I got and what the plans are.

ED

Well Terri, not that I recall. I'm more of a Dollar General guy myself.

I can get a 12V converter with clips and plug my inverter from the Suburban to it and the lights can plug into the inverter. The clips will go on the golf cart battery poles so like PaHunter, I think I can cobble this together. I also got some of the same purple and orange string lights to put up across the covers of my EZ ups.

Plus DG had some good stuff in stock now so I'm relatively happy with what I got and what the plans are.

ED

Can't wait to see it. Odds aren't looking good that I will see it in person ☹️ so please post pictures.

Haha! Probably. I am really excited, but I am not sure what to expect. We paid for category 1 seating, so I am sure we will be seated with another family, I just hope they are as laid back as we are!
Frozenone Your tablemates will be the members of your party so if you want them laid back I suggest you let them know you are ready to lay them out Just an idea

Frozenone16 we had that exact same tent when we first got married, it was just slightly different colors, but exact same set up except we had a door separating the interior of the tent from the scree room so we used that door for entry and exit and we used the side door for a place to vent our portable air conditioner lol.

Back from a great camping weekend despite a little rain. Girls started the countdown yesterday and they loved the scavenger hunt, the cardboard castle, and the pirate ships, though they found the pirate of the carribean movie a little scary, I had forgotten about the walking corpses since it had been so long since I'd seen it.

Today's countdown activity is a mini scavenger hunt. They have to figure out the clue and find the Disney dollars that I printed off at home. There will be 10 of these total during the countdown and at the end they will hand in their fake Disney dollars and receive a real $50 Disney gift card to buy themselves a souvenir on the trip.

20170905_092005-1512x2016 (2).jpg

20170905_091950-2016x1512 (2).jpg

29 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frozenone16 we had that exact same tent when we first got married, it was just slightly different colors, but exact same set up except we had a door separating the interior of the tent from the scree room so we used that door for entry and exit and we used the side door for a place to vent our portable air conditioner lol.

That sounds pretty cool. We decided not to do the canopy, and just take our EZ-up canopy. Much easier in my opinion, we all know how Florida rainstorms are!!! We are taking our fan that plugs in, but from our experience this weekend, we didn't feel like we needed one when we were outside and at night. Wow, I am gonna have to figure out packing my jeep for this trip! Anyone for a game of tetris?

That sounds pretty cool. We decided not to do the canopy, and just take our EZ-up canopy. Much easier in my opinion, we all know how Florida rainstorms are!!! We are taking our fan that plugs in, but from our experience this weekend, we didn't feel like we needed one when we were outside and at night. Wow, I am gonna have to figure out packing my jeep for this trip! Anyone for a game of tetris?

Had a Jeep Wrangler, used to pack it for camping trips that included scuba diving. So tent, portable shower canopy, 4 scuba tanks, all the other scuba gear, grill, and a cooler strapped to the front bumper. So you can do it !!:cheer2:

27 days!!! Right now just crossing fingers very hard that Florida does not sustain much damage this weekend. Today's countdown activity is another scavenger hunt for Disney dollars. Funny story- DD8 was upset with me on the first scavenger hunt cause it "wasn't real money" lol. She was much happier when I explained she was getting a real gift card at the end :rotfl2:

20170907_083422-1512x2016 (2).jpg

For over a year now we've been counting down for this trip and feeling like it will just never get here.... now, with everything happening with the hurricanes, I feel like it's coming up too quickly... how ironic :guilty:

For over a year now we've been counting down for this trip and feeling like it will just never get here.... now, with everything happening with the hurricanes, I feel like it's coming up too quickly... how ironic :guilty:

Yes, join the club, we are 10 days out, and well waiting with baited breath to see what happens, and if we can get in.

For over a year now we've been counting down for this trip and feeling like it will just never get here.... now, with everything hppening with the hurricanes, I feel like it's coming up too quickly... how ironic :guilty:

EXACTLY how I feel!

Yes, join the club, we are 10 days out, and well waiting with baited breath to see what happens, and if we can get in.

I feel so bad for you with your trip being so close. And I feel bad for me cause I was really looking forward to reading your trip report while waiting for my trip. I hope we both still get that!

Well forging on ahead with the countdown activities for the kids in the hopes that we are still going in 26 days. Today is the movie Frozen. I put a tarp down on the floor and the kids (and possibly me) will be ice skating in these blue fluffy snowflake socks. Then I am serving a snack of chocolate fondue and they get to do these art canvases that I found at Michaels.

20170908_125307-1512x2016 (2).jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter