***Official Planning Thread -DECEMBER 2024 - Welcome all!***

It has been oh so long since I have been able to say this but I’ve officially booked a trip to WDW!!!!!! ◡̈ Nov 30- Dec 7. Split stay between POP & ASMo. Been feverishly reading all I can to get caught up with trip planning since it’s basically a whole new world since my last trip in 2013!! Haha!

It has been oh so long since I have been able to say this but I’ve officially booked a trip to WDW!!!!!! ◡̈ Nov 30- Dec 7. Split stay between POP & ASMo. Been feverishly reading all I can to get caught up with trip planning since it’s basically a whole new world since my last trip in 2013!! Haha!

Welcome! I've added you to the list.

2013, how exciting for you! I hope you have a fun time planning. :)

Thanks. So far it’s going good, but coming from a paper fast pass era it’s a lot to digest ◡̈ We were doing a park a year but life got in the way . I’m trying to get back on track. Went to TDR last May for my 50th so hopefully I can continue the yearly Disney visit going forward. It’s actually cheaper for me to go to Tokyo than USA due to our horrid Canadian dollar, but I had a few grand of gift cards saved up so WDW here I happily come!

We’ll be there December 3-6, currently booked at All-Star Music. Never visited at Xmas time before, and very excited to see all the decorations.

Debating whether to splurge on Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, but with our Canadian dollar it’s so pricey. Probably close to $1k for our family of four.

We’ll be there December 3-6, currently booked at All-Star Music. Never visited at Xmas time before, and very excited to see all the decorations.

Debating whether to splurge on Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, but with our Canadian dollar it’s so pricey. Probably close to $1k for our family of four.
Hi! Fellow Canadian here,
We will be there at same time ◡̈
I feel you on the exchange pain. Only you will know financially if an extra cost would be worth it (I’ve never done Christmas party but will be attending this year) and if not you will still get to see all the amazing decorations and Christmas vibe.

Welcome! You are on the list. That is expensive! Lucky we are only two to pay for.

The planner in me is having a hard time thinking of what to bring as far as clothing.
I'm used to it just being warm to hot when we go.

This time I'll need to pack for warm and cool to possibly cold!

I fear for my husband and the amount of luggage I will be bringing for 9 nights. 😂
When we went in 2013 we were coming from a icky Canadian winter and were the only people in the pool swimming it up and enjoying the 60F warmth :) so I’m hoping for 60’s-70’s *fingers crossed* no heat waves needed lol

The planner in me is having a hard time thinking of what to bring as far as clothing.
I'm used to it just being warm to hot when we go.

This time I'll need to pack for warm and cool to possibly cold!

I fear for my husband and the amount of luggage I will be bringing for 9 nights. 😂
We were in WDW in early Dec last year and had cold weather for two days, one day of mild weather, and one warm day during our 4 night stay. The following week was much warmer. So, you just never know what to expect until you are just a few days away from your trip.

We always wear our warmest clothes on the plane, so at least we have them if it turns cold. Layers are your friend in December. :)

We booked what we can afford without a discount, knowing that there may not be any discounts when we go.
That being said, does December ever have discounts? Would they be out by now?

I know there is free dining, but not the week we are there, week after Thanksgiving. Just wondering if any room discounts would come out again? And if we already have a package booked, can we still apply a room discount if available?

Thank you!

We were there 12/10-12/15 last year and were in shorts and a tee or a light sweatshirt/jacket most of the time - one night when we were at AK we had some heavy rain, but we happened to be called into Nomad Lounge from the waitlist just at the right time so we missed the hardest of it. We find that bringing lightweight layering pieces are the best because they are easy to roll up and stick in our backpacks. Here’s what the weather was last December…

Attachments

• IMG_1911.jpeg
    IMG_1911.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 6
I expect more discounts to come out for December. The only one announced so far was exclusively for Disney Visa card holders not the “general public”. Likely might not see them until the fall (September-ish time frame)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter