*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes:

Any thoughts on using the "meal"+show to get good seats?
I thought about dinner, then saw the prices and figured perhaps breakfast would be a better option?

Although I'd prefer 2 mimosas to get the day started. LOL!

But then the website
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light-dining-package/
(The Know Before you Go section) says that:
"Rivers of Light runs on select nights for approximately 15 minutes. Please be aware that there may be multiple shows on the same day. Your dining reservation will indicate which show you are booked for."

So not sure if I'd like eating breakfast at dinner.

Then I went to click on the online calendar on the same web page and it's a broken link (The Mouse is not minding its website very well).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...package/link-animal-kingdom-timeofday-allday/

I don't think FP is available for ROL.

Thanks for any feedback.

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes:

Any thoughts on using the "meal"+show to get good seats?
I thought about dinner, then saw the prices and figured perhaps breakfast would be a better option?

Although I'd prefer 2 mimosas to get the day started. LOL!

But then the website
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light-dining-package/
(The Know Before you Go section) says that:
"Rivers of Light runs on select nights for approximately 15 minutes. Please be aware that there may be multiple shows on the same day. Your dining reservation will indicate which show you are booked for."

So not sure if I'd like eating breakfast at dinner.

Then I went to click on the online calendar on the same web page and it's a broken link (The Mouse is not minding its website very well).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...package/link-animal-kingdom-timeofday-allday/

I don't think FP is available for ROL.

Thanks for any feedback.
Although I haven't done the ROL dining package, i've heard mixed reviews. If you scroll back through this thread, you should find a few reviews. I'd personally suggest maybe the Fantasmic/Star Wars Fireworks packages at DHS or even the Happily Ever After dessert party at MK. ROL is a good show, but the others are better IMO.

RoL now performs nightly, sometimes twice a night, for the time being. If there are multiple performances a night, you will get a ticket telling you which ROL show you can go to.

With the breakfast package, you eat at whatever time in the morning at select locations and return to the show amphitheater around 30-40 minutes before showtime for the best seats.

FastPass is available of ROL, and is bookable 60 days in advance for onsite guests, and 30 days in advance for off-site guests, as per normal FP's.

Although I haven't done the ROL dining package, i've heard mixed reviews. If you scroll back through this thread, you should find a few reviews. I'd personally suggest maybe the Fantasmic/Star Wars Fireworks packages at DHS or even the Happily Ever After dessert party at MK. ROL is a good show, but the others are better IMO.

RoL now performs nightly, sometimes twice a night, for the time being. If there are multiple performances a night, you will get a ticket telling you which ROL show you can go to.

With the breakfast package, you eat at whatever time in the morning at select locations and return to the show amphitheater around 30-40 minutes before showtime for the best seats.

FastPass is available of ROL, and is bookable 60 days in advance for onsite guests, and 30 days in advance for off-site guests, as per normal FP's.

Thanks for the info. OK, good to know that we could eat breakfast and then later do the show. My nephew might like that. With Pandora in Animal Kingdom, not sure i'd want to burn my 2 fast passes on ROL, though. I was thinking about Fantasmic or Star Wars as well.

Decisions decisions. haha

When my sister returns from her trip in a week I'll have to sit down and get some sort of loose plan and then see what you all think for optimizing.

We're not going until October, BTW.

Post Pandora launch, how long in advance do you have to wait to ensure 2 seats standby? Sorry if this has been covered. I'm not sure if there will be 2 shows at end of Aug/early Sept but I wonder if the 2nd show would be less busy like Fantasmic.

On December 17, AK is slated to close at 7:00pm. Although the general calendar for WDW is available, there is nothing posted for Animal Kingdom yet. Based on current ROL times, I'm guessing there will be a show at either 6:15 or 6:45 (sunset is at 5:30ish). If the show is at 6:15, then we would need to be in line by 5:45 I'm assuming (with Fast Pass).

I'm trying to figure out how to juggle a dinner res. I don't mind eating early and would like to try Yak and Yeti. Thoughts? I'm thinking I should make a res for 4:30???

On December 17, AK is slated to close at 7:00pm. Although the general calendar for WDW is available, there is nothing posted for Animal Kingdom yet. Based on current ROL times, I'm guessing there will be a show at either 6:15 or 6:45 (sunset is at 5:30ish). If the show is at 6:15, then we would need to be in line by 5:45 I'm assuming (with Fast Pass).

I'm trying to figure out how to juggle a dinner res. I don't mind eating early and would like to try Yak and Yeti. Thoughts? I'm thinking I should make a res for 4:30???
I am going mid NOVEMber and totally expect them to extend the park hours to at least 8pm. Waiting on the ROL dining pkg but currently holding 2 ADR's for Yak & Yeti at 5:15 and 6:45 waiting on the time for ROL. I will fast pass ROL If I do not get a ROL lunch pkg for Tuskers

I am going mid NOVEMber and totally expect them to extend the park hours to at least 8pm. Waiting on the ROL dining pkg but currently holding 2 ADR's for Yak & Yeti at 5:15 and 6:45 waiting on the time for ROL. I will fast pass ROL If I do not get a ROL lunch pkg for Tuskers

Thats smart . . . I hadn't thought about doing 2 back to back reservations. Think I'll do the same. Have you been to Yak & Yeti? Are they pretty quick there? Don't want to sit much more than an hour.

Question: I see on the WDW site that ROL dining packages are only available on Sun, Tue, Thrs & Sat for October...do you think this will be the same in late November after Thanksgiving?? Right now I have Monday 11/27 as my AK day (Sun is my arrival day so doing Epcot and Tues is my MK/MVMCP day)...do you think they will extend the ROL packages to every day for the holiday season? I wanna do the dining package in order to get seats for ROL...right now I have a ADR for Tiffins at 4pm...my other option is hoping to get FPs for ROL after using my 3rd FP after 1pm...is it possible to get a ROL FP that late in the day???

Thanks for any feedback...

John

Question: I see on the WDW site that ROL dining packages are only available on Sun, Tue, Thrs & Sat for October...do you think this will be the same in late November after Thanksgiving?? Right now I have Monday 11/27 as my AK day (Sun is my arrival day so doing Epcot and Tues is my MK/MVMCP day)...do you think they will extend the ROL packages to every day for the holiday season? I wanna do the dining package in order to get seats for ROL...right now I have a ADR for Tiffins at 4pm...my other option is hoping to get FPs for ROL after using my 3rd FP after 1pm...is it possible to get a ROL FP that late in the day???

Thanks for any feedback...

John
That's the million dollar question right now. Several threads are going regarding ROL and no one seems to know.

When ROL has 2 shows does anyone know what time the first show usually starts at? I booked a Dining Packing reservation and it indicates first show but doesn't say what time. I'm just trying to map out my park planning and knowing the exact time would be super helpful. Thanks!

If you look under entertainment on My Disney Experience app in AK, you can touch on ROL and it will give you the option to add to your plans. You can choose the date and the show times come up.

When ROL has 2 shows does anyone know what time the first show usually starts at? I booked a Dining Packing reservation and it indicates first show but doesn't say what time. I'm just trying to map out my park planning and knowing the exact time would be super helpful. Thanks!
The first show yesterday was at 7:15.

I know that FP's are suspended for the time being - but I am planning my trip as if they're coming back...
Are (were) FP's for ROL easy to get AFTER you use the first 3? or did everyone who had a FP have to get it in your "first three"?
I hope my question is making sense!!

When they were allowing FPs, I would get them in my original 3 because it gets you a bit more central seat. But all this might be moot because not only are there no FPs right now but the listing itself on the Disney website says temporarily unavailable.

I know that FP's are suspended for the time being - but I am planning my trip as if they're coming back...
Are (were) FP's for ROL easy to get AFTER you use the first 3? or did everyone who had a FP have to get it in your "first three"?
I hope my question is making sense!!
I was last there for Jersey week 2018, so take that for what it’s worth, but we saw RoL come up multiple times when we were refreshing for additional FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter