Official September 2012 planning thread! List on page 30!

Yay! I'm so excited for you! Let the planning begin!

How long is the cruise, what cabin category, etc? I want details!!

Well we just decided that we want to do it, but we are still researching dates that work. We want to go June 2012 for 4 days. That is all I really know right now. Any suggestions on room categories for first time cruisers. We really want an outside stateroom, but it doesn't have to have a veranda. We just don't really like not being able to see the outside.

Does Disney do any New England cruises? If not we will have to find another company that does. We want to go on a cruise but we want to go North instead of the caribbean. We love Florida but I want to see & experience something new and Dbf wants to go home to visit his family in Buffalo. We may do a cruise that leaves from Canada or ends in Canada and see his family and hometown.
Disney has a 5-night Canadian cruise that leaves from NY. It has two days at sea, one day at Halifax, Nova Scotia, and one day at Saint John, New Brunswick. But you can always keep checking the DCL website, as they often add new itineraries!

Well we just decided that we want to do it, but we are still researching dates that work. We want to go June 2012 for 4 days. That is all I really know right now. Any suggestions on room categories for first time cruisers. We really want an outside stateroom, but it doesn't have to have a veranda. We just don't really like not being able to see the outside.
June is a popular time to go because kids are out of school. Not a bad thing, just know that dates may fill up quickly and it is one of the more expensive times to cruise. You can also book a cruise and change it without penalty up until about 45-75 days before you sail. I would make sure you purchase Disney's insurance plan (they automatically roll it into the cost, unless you specifically decline it).

As for staterooms, I wanted a verandah for our first cruise because I wasn't sure how I was going to like it. I assumed I would need the fresh air. But now that we've experienced it, we are doing an inside stateroom with a fake porthole that has real-time views of the ocean. We just wanted to see something different this time. Personally, I'm not sure you can go wrong with any cabin, especially on the Dream!

For motion sickness, they generally suggest staying on one of the middle floors in the middle of the ship. We had a stateroom at the very back of the ship on floor 8 and it was fine. I'm not sure I would personally book a room at the far front of the ship due to motion, but some people don't have an issue with it. This next cruise, we will have a stateroom on floor 2 that is about middle of the ship, but closer to the front than the back.

Happy Halloween everyone!

DS is going to be Captain Jack! He really does look super cute! I suppose I am biased though :laughing: Hope everyone has a fun and safe halloween!

And on the brightside, another month down!

Happy Halloween everyone!

DS is going to be Captain Jack! He really does look super cute! I suppose I am biased though :laughing: Hope everyone has a fun and safe halloween!

And on the brightside, another month down!

So excited to be one month closer. Bet your son was a cute Captain Jack. My daughter dressed up as Snow White. We originally bought her Tinkerbell, but by the time she could wear it, she was too tall for the costume. Oh well! She loves all things princess so it all worked out. Hope everyone's Halloween was fun!

Just booked for 9/3-9/17 @ the Contemporary Resort!

Welcome to the group! I added you to the list on page 1.

Our family will be returning to Disney World September 2012 :banana: We are booked for Sept. 19-28. So far September is our favorite month to go so far. Happy planning all !

Welcome! We had never gone in September until this year and we fell in love. We usually go in the summer, but it was really nice going at a different time. I added you to the list on page 1.

Hi everyone!!! I just booked for September again also.:yay: We decided to do a Disney cruise and then spend the rest of the week at Disney World. We will be at POP again. 9/27-10/1/12.

How fun to be planning again with everyone:goodvibes

Hello and welcome again! I added you to the list. You will have to tell me more about your plans for a cruise. We are planning our first cruise and I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions.

Hello and welcome again! I added you to the list. You will have to tell me more about your plans for a cruise. We are planning our first cruise and I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions.

This will be my first cruise on the dream. I did do one on the Magic in 2009. We had such a good time! I would highly recommend doing one. We thought it would be fun to do a land/sea vacationthis time around:goodvibes. We are doing the 4nt cruise. But I think I am more excited to be coming back to WDW.:yay:
If you decide to do the cruise, you should join the Fish extender group. That is always fun.

Longtime lurker here popcorn:: Just joined because I'm super excited to take my niece on her first trip to Disney World! We'll be at Pop Century Sept 19-23!!

Longtime lurker here popcorn:: Just joined because I'm super excited to take my niece on her first trip to Disney World! We'll be at Pop Century Sept 19-23!!

So glad you came out of lurkdom and decided to join us. First trips are the best. Welcome! :goodvibes

I just looked at my countdown ticker on the WDW website. 329 more days:scared1:

That's definitely not a good way to look at it! The WDW website always makes me sad until about a month before we go. I like the counter in months better. Makes me feel like time is going by faster.

I'll be there with my family. I just booked a BLT studio today, for Sept. 27-Oct. 1. DH and I are going to run our first F&W 1/2 marathon over that weekend.

I'll be there with my family. I just booked a BLT studio today, for Sept. 27-Oct. 1. DH and I are going to run our first F&W 1/2 marathon over that weekend.

Welcome! Glad you can join us! I will add you to the list on page 1.

We will be returning to the World Sept 4-17. We will be staying at POFQ for the first time...:cool1:

We are already trying to find new things to do this year. Any suggestions of things to do that are fun, but a little less obvious or just different? All suggestions are welcome.

We went to Target today and found some really cute new princess shirts for my daughter's birthday. She wants a princess party so it was the perfect thing. Very cute! I also got myself a really cute pair of Mickey mouse pajama pants. Too cute! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

We are already trying to find new things to do this year. Any suggestions of things to do that are fun, but a little less obvious or just different? All suggestions are welcome.

We went to Target today and found some really cute new princess shirts for my daughter's birthday. She wants a princess party so it was the perfect thing. Very cute! I also got myself a really cute pair of Mickey mouse pajama pants. Too cute! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

What about the haunted carriage rides at fort wilderness? On our last trip they began the night before we were leaving so Im really hoping to squeeze them in this trip. Otherwise I havent given much thought to our September trip sadly. The holidays are killing me, as usual, and we have a trip planned for March to Orlando which I have done NOTHING for. Im slacking this time around :rotfl:

We just booked our first DCL cruise for July. Can't wait! I hope it's as great as a hear and that our kids love it. :cool1:

:woohoo::yay: So this has nothing to do with September but I had to express my happiness!!! :cool1::banana:

I was able to upgrade to WL CL for our anniversary trip in January, because of a fantastic AP discount and money left over from our F&W trip!!

We started out at POP, to POFQ, to WL, to WL CL!!! :banana: :banana:

Sorry I have been quiet lately.... I am going through the Disney depression / life is stressing me the frak out! :guilty:

:woohoo::yay: So this has nothing to do with September but I had to express my happiness!!! :cool1::banana:

I was able to upgrade to WL CL for our anniversary trip in January, because of a fantastic AP discount and money left over from our F&W trip!!

We started out at POP, to POFQ, to WL, to WL CL!!! :banana: :banana:

Sorry I have been quiet lately.... I am going through the Disney depression / life is stressing me the frak out! :guilty:

Sounds wonderful! I know how you feel about being stressed by life. Work is making me crazy. Hang in there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter