***Official SEPTEMBER 2021 Check in Thread

Our dining/plans for our honeymoon getting all the restaurants we were looking for:

Sept 9th (arrival day flying in from Michigan)
- Trader Sam's 3:10 PM
- Napa Rose 6:00 PM

Sept 10th
- Cafe Orleans 11:40 AM
- Carthay Circle Restaurant 4:40 PM

Sept 11th (Oogie Boogie Night)
- Wine Country Trattoria 4:00 PM

Sept 12th
- River Belle Terrace 11:30 AM
Star Wars Immersion Time
- Oga's Cantina 2:55 PM
- Droid Depot 4:20 PM
- Savi's 5:10 PM
- Blue Bayou 7:00 PM

Sept 13th
- Lamplight Lounge 2:30 PM

Sept 14th (Departure day off to Vegas)
- Storytellers Character Breakfast 7:00 AM

We are doing a VIP tour for our honeymoon so Disney is supposed to be scheduling all of our dining. That said, I'm a planner and snagged Lamplight and Storytellers on my own. Still waiting for Oga's and Napa Rose to come from them. They are so behind on requests that I'm 30 days out and they still don't have the per hour cost determined! lol

For our girl's weekend, DD30 and I are going OBB on the 16th, and have a reservation for the Oogie Boogie dessert party at 10pm. Then we have Cafe Orleans for lunch on the 17th, and Lamplight Lounge for dinner on the 18th. Other than those times, we'll be hitting quick service restaurants and snacks stands! I cannot wait for my first Mickey ice cream bar in over 19 months!!!

:dancer:

Blergh, I keep waiting for Disney to release Carthay Circle reservations on Oogie Boogie nights, but so far nothing. So, if anyone has a CC reservation for Friday Sept 17th semi-early in the evening (so we can get out in time to see the fireworks :)...pm me!!

We are doing a VIP tour for our honeymoon so Disney is supposed to be scheduling all of our dining. That said, I'm a planner and snagged Lamplight and Storytellers on my own. Still waiting for Oga's and Napa Rose to come from them. They are so behind on requests that I'm 30 days out and they still don't have the per hour cost determined! lol
Update: my coordinator just called with my Napa Rose ressie! Now just waiting on Oga’s!

My Disney crew goes every September for Labor Day weekend, since it is my niece's birthday thereabouts. We'll be at the VGC Sept 3-6 this year in a 2 bedroom.

I managed to get Cafe Orleans lunch reservations without too much trouble around the 58 day mark, but have been looking for Lamplighter reservations around sunset since then to no avail. Finally found one today using one of the reservation watch services. Yay!

Made the mistake of buying first regular 2 day hoppers, then moving them to a trip later in the year when the CA resident tickets came out, then buying the CA resident tickets, only to find out that the Keys will be out before our trip. Oh well, will upgrade the original hoppers on the next trip.

If you see 7 people in not-matching shirts with capybaras on them, say hi to the brunette, that's me. (For birthdays we are the sort that the one celebrating gets to pick a theme of shirt to make the group wear, then each person get whatever shirt reflects their personality within the theme.)

Arriving Sept 5 and departing Sept 11, staying at Grand Californian for a long-delayed girls/trip combo celebration of some milestone birthdays, a wedding, and some new jobs. Now I feel like I'm missing out by not having matching capybara shirts, taaren :)

We're doing pool cabana days on the 5th and the 9th, VIP tours on the 6th and the 10th, and OBB on the 9th (we had Wine Country Trattoria 3:30pm reservations before the special dining announcement, so hopefully those will translate). 4 of the 5 folks in my group have never been to Disneyland (we are primarily Floridian, but Orlando is not a place we want to travel to right now), and I've only been once—we're all very excited!

I think we've managed to get every outdoor dining reservation possible during our stay (one person with us is uncomfortable dining indoors) except for a pre-4pm Trader Sam's. If anyone has any favorite overlooked outdoor dining spots we shouldn't miss, I'd love to hear about them!

We're doing pool cabana days on the 5th and the 9th, VIP tours on the 6th and the 10th, and OBB on the 9th (we had Wine Country Trattoria 3:30pm reservations before the special dining announcement, so hopefully those will translate). 4 of the 5 folks in my group have never been to Disneyland (we are primarily Floridian, but Orlando is not a place we want to travel to right now), and I've only been once—we're all very excited!
That sounds awesome.

When we didn't know we could upgrade to the new Key program we'd ruled out the idea of a cabana for check in day, but now that we can I'm considering it again ... how much are they charging for cabanas in Sept 21?

That sounds awesome.

When we didn't know we could upgrade to the new Key program we'd ruled out the idea of a cabana for check in day, but now that we can I'm considering it again ... how much are they charging for cabanas in Sept 21?

$369 for a full day and $319 for a half! Since our group is flying in from all over with arrival times between 8am and noon, having a comfortable place to hang out, catch up, and wait for the room seemed well worth it on day 1. They had good availability as of last week, so fingers crossed if you decide to go that route!

I have a Carthay Circle reservation on Sept 17th at 7:40 pm for 2 people that I need to drop. Pm me to coordinate if interested.

I have a feeling a couple people might like this one and I wanted to give it to someone from this thread first. Tonight at 7pm PST I'm cancelling a Trader Sams reservation for 2 people. It's for a 1:10pm reservation on Tuesday, September 7th. Good luck and enjoy!
**JUST CANCELLED Trader Sams for September 7th if someone wants to grab it

*******Also, I just updated the hours on the first page as well as added a section on Ride Closures

Last edited:
Well, sadly we decided to cancel our trip today. Too much uncertainty with Delta and travelling, so we'll postpone and go when it feels like a better time for us.

I'm about to toss back an Oga's reservation for 9/16 8:05 pm for 3 people. Just FYI in case someone wants to try to snag it!

We are staying at DLH 9/24 and 9/25 and then moving to VGC 9/26 through 10/1. We are so excited and have waited a long time to be “home” again.

still waiting for Napa Rose ADRs but everything else we were able to get. Fingers crossed 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter