***Official September 2022 Thread***

We leave first thing Saturday morning but I feel like I’m not at all ready! I had to go out of town to visit my mom and will get back Thursday afternoon- what am I missing? What are all the last minute things I should be going? Usually I’m such a list maker but I feel overwhelmed and don’t even know how to start this final list! Any suggestions?
Things I’m worried about forgetting that may help you finish your last minute packing - battery pack and chargers for electronics, body glide, aloe for when some one gets a little too much sun, glow sticks for night time, hard mnsshp ticket cards.

Thank you everyone! Silly question probably but are there any rides where slip on sandals are a bad idea and might be lost? Alternating between pairs of shoes is a really smart idea. I am thinking sandals one day and tennis shoes the next. I am finally almost packed. I made a packing list and a park bag list, hopefully I haven’t forgotten anything important. Only about nine more hours until we leave! I’m so excited!!

Thank you everyone! Silly question probably but are there any rides where slip on sandals are a bad idea and might be lost? Alternating between pairs of shoes is a really smart idea. I am thinking sandals one day and tennis shoes the next. I am finally almost packed. I made a packing list and a park bag list, hopefully I haven’t forgotten anything important. Only about nine more hours until we leave! I’m so excited!!
Maybe Soarin’ but that’s all I can think of. They wouldn’t be lost… but might hit someone else!

I don't have hard tickets for the party. Do I need to get them?
No. As long as they're linked to your account, you can use your MB.

That said, I always keep a set of hard tickets in our bag just in case. Twice on our last trip, we needed them because an MB wasn't available. Once, my daughter clutched my arm so tight on Dinosaur she ripped the MB off and we didn't realize until I was in the gift shop. Then, one daughter had another daughter's band, which we didn't realize until we were trying to tap in. Hard tickets in the bag = no guest services detour.

We are on the road but didn’t get off to a great start. I fell carrying suitcases down my porch steps and landed on my sidewalk with one of the suitcases partly under me🤦🏻‍♀️ My entire left side is hurting and I think I did something to my shoulder. It is killing me. I’m thankful I fell the way I did and that I never broke anything or hit my head. I was born missing my left arm from about two inches below my elbow. If I was going to hurt a shoulder I’m very thankful it was not on the side my hand is on🤣🤣🤣 Always a positive. Anyone in the parks today? How crowded is it?

That said, I always keep a set of hard tickets in our bag just in case. Twice on our last trip, we needed them because an MB wasn't available. Once, my daughter clutched my arm so tight on Dinosaur she ripped the MB off and we didn't realize until I was in the gift shop. Then, one daughter had another daughter's band, which we didn't realize until we were trying to tap in. Hard tickets in the bag = no guest services detour.
Ohhh that happened to me. I packed DS MB for myself by accident and he wasnt even on the trip lol. Nearby CM fixed it with the tablet thankfully. I always take photos of hard tickets now.

Sounds like you were well prepared! Our tickets are linked and hopefully we won't have any MB mishaps (knock on wood), but where would I get hard tickets just in case? We're too close to arrival to have them mailed. Can I get them from the front desk at our resort?

We are on the road but didn’t get off to a great start. I fell carrying suitcases down my porch steps and landed on my sidewalk with one of the suitcases partly under me🤦🏻‍♀️ My entire left side is hurting and I think I did something to my shoulder. It is killing me. I’m thankful I fell the way I did and that I never broke anything or hit my head. I was born missing my left arm from about two inches below my elbow. If I was going to hurt a shoulder I’m very thankful it was not on the side my hand is on🤣🤣🤣 Always a positive. Anyone in the parks today? How crowded is it?
So sorry to hear about your fall! I hope you're feeling better by the time you arrive, but I imagine you'll be bruised. Ibuprofen is your friend!

Sounds like you were well prepared! Our tickets are linked and hopefully we won't have any MB mishaps (knock on wood), but where would I get hard tickets just in case? We're too close to arrival to have them mailed. Can I get them from the front desk at our resort?

So sorry to hear about your fall! I hope you're feeling better by the time you arrive, but I imagine you'll be bruised. Ibuprofen is your friend!
Thank you! I had already packed my 800 mg ibuprofen thankfully. We are stopping in South Carolina tonight. The hotel has an indoor heated pool so hopefully that will help.

We're too close to arrival to have them mailed. Can I get them from the front desk at our resort?

I'm honestly not sure. We requested hard tickets when we purchased our park admission through a discount vendor, so I had them in hand coming into the park.

I know I saw someone getting them from a blue umbrella when a kid had lost a band. But, at that point, you may as well just roll with only MBs and only go to get the hard ticket if you actually need it. You could certainly ask at check in, but I'd assume it's more a guest relations thing.

I'm honestly not sure. We requested hard tickets when we purchased our park admission through a discount vendor, so I had them in hand coming into the park.

I know I saw someone getting them from a blue umbrella when a kid had lost a band. But, at that point, you may as well just roll with only MBs and only go to get the hard ticket if you actually need it. You could certainly ask at check in, but I'd assume it's more a guest relations thing.
Tickets should be in MDE on your phone, right? I am able to pull up park tix and MNSSHP tix for me and my son on my phone.

We leave first thing Saturday morning but I feel like I’m not at all ready! I had to go out of town to visit my mom and will get back Thursday afternoon- what am I missing? What are all the last minute things I should be going? Usually I’m such a list maker but I feel overwhelmed and don’t even know how to start this final list! Any suggestions?
We fly out Saturday morning! We're leaving the house about 3am. Maybe my last minute things will help you.
-Charge all electronics, including the tablet I only use on plane rides to watch movies, and cameras that don't see the light of day except in Florida.
-Make sure I've got my carry on essentials separated out and placed in the under seat personal item for easy access (because I'm not using them when we leave at 3 am) : contact lenses and saline, eyeliner, mascara, moisturizer, maybe a small eyeshadow pallet, headphones for the plane, battery charger and cable, etc. + gum.
-Send a fax to the room assigner (either follow up or first request).
-Make sure plants are watered (because we all know my daughter isn't going to do it while I'm gone).
-Plug in GPS, find hotel and set it as destination. (Yeah, everyone laugh at this one until your kids try to direct you to the nearest McDonald's upon landing, and their phone GPS takes you in a circle back to MCO airport, while you're just trying to figure out the rental car.) Also, place this in carry on or personal item for easy access.
-Pick up prescriptions refills and pack all meds.
-Pack snacks for airport.
-Pack jewelry in carry on or personal item. (I'm not putting jewelry on at 3am either.)
-If driving get an oil change. (We're driving to an airport a couple hours away, but still going ahead and getting our oil change a couple hundred miles early.)
-Put swimsuits in carry on, because I accidently put it with the rest of my clothes.
-Set out of office email.

Tickets should be in MDE on your phone, right? I am able to pull up park tix and MNSSHP tix for me and my son on my phone.
To use it as a tap in, you need to set up magic mobile where you link those tickets to a wallet app on your phone.

That said, I have no faith in MDE (it crashes so many times when I'm trying to do anything) and wouldn't use a digital ticket as my back up. I also print out confirmations with QR codes, boarding passes, etc, just in case. I don't feel "prepared" without a hard copy that doesn't rely on my phone not acting up. It's definitely a me-thing and plenty of folks manage to get through the world trusting technology :-)

I was glad I had hard tickets on the days when I didn't have MBs for one of my party. I wouldn't go out of my way to get one, you can certainly do without. But, if you do have hard tickets linked to your account for one reason or another, I'd toss them in the carryon as a quick, hard copy back up.

Well our trip is complete! We had a great time, though we went hard and exhausted ourselves since we wanted to maximize park time. It is so easy to tour without kids. 😂 I know a lot of families enjoy taking their young kids and there were babies everywhere. I was never that mom who wanted to travel with littles, so I don't quite understand it myself, but to each their own. We waited until our youngest was 4 to go on our first family trip to WDW.

GotG was amazing. I always get nervous on coasters because I don't like big drops, but I like everything else about them. It was so much fun! I rode Space Mt for the first time since I was 13 and it was better than I remember.

Of course being in the parks is fun, but I think I enjoy the researching and planning just as much, so I'm glad I have our family trip to plan for next year.

Weather is hot, we’ve been here three evenings and each day there has been a shower in the 5-6ish range and then lightning but dry. If you’re coming soon prioritize your outdoor rides early in case they’re not running later.
I haven't been that sweaty in a long time (we live in a dry climate). 😂I am so glad I prioritized outdoor rides early in the day at MK on Tuesday. There were storm clouds and thunder/lightning all afternoon and a lot of rides were down for weather. Mickey's Philharmagic was full when we went around dinnertime - maybe that is where everyone went who couldn't get on a roller coaster. It didn't rain until we were on our way to the airport to go home yesterday.
We went over to Animal Kingdom this afternoon. EVERYTHING was a walk on. FOP, Safari, Na'vi, EE. Even the cast members I spoke to where scratching their heads.
We were there yesterday and walked onto KRR, KS, and EE. Navi was down at opening so I think that caused a backlog. I had a LL for that one from 8-9, used it a bit late with no problem, I guess because the ride had been down. Very light crowds. Did ILL for FoP since DH gets motion sickness and I didn't want him to have to wait a long time for me to ride it. It was great.

I hope you're all enjoying your trips or will enjoy them when they get here soon! It's been fun to have a group to build excitement with.

For Soarin' you can put your sandals in the pouch below the seat. I wear slip on's the whole time!

We are having a furnace installed all of next week. We leave a week from Sunday. No hot water on Monday and Tuesday. I'm worried it won't be done before we leave so need to get all my laundry done and packed for the trip this weekend. I'll have to find outfits to wear all next week, and if worse comes to worse I'll have to go shower somewhere else on Saturday night. Talk about complicated! That's okay, I'll figure it out. I'm sorting through pins tomorrow and going through my luggage and list again. We will be picking up food at Publix, so I have to figure out what I want to get there and add it to my daughter's pick up order. It's all the little details you have to think of, it's a lot! Our MB+'s did arrive, all but one, due to a late order for an unexpected guest my grandson wanted to bring. Lots of room juggling had to be done, but we managed it all. Save travels to all leaving soon. By all accounts Sept. seems to be on track with low crowds! Yipee! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter