*** Official September 2024 Thread ***

Hello all! We're contemplating a mid-September visit, but are concerned about the heat. We've gone multiple times in August and dealt with the temps fine (took breaks, hydrated etc) but I read that 2023 was exceptionally hot in Aug and Sept. Did anyone visit last year in September, and was it much worse than the usual summer heat??

Thank you for putting this together! please add me to the roll call list! September 6-9 for a girls trip staying at the Poly for the first time ever!

Hello all! We're contemplating a mid-September visit, but are concerned about the heat. We've gone multiple times in August and dealt with the temps fine (took breaks, hydrated etc) but I read that 2023 was exceptionally hot in Aug and Sept. Did anyone visit last year in September, and was it much worse than the usual summer heat??

Didn't go in 2023 but visited July and September of 2021 after many, many years of summer touring pre-COVID. I won't lie, I noticed a difference in the heat and it's definitely a little worse than it used to be. I think if you are already used to the heat, it won't be a shock to you, but breaks, hydration, and a cream for heat rash is key. September is still a great time of year to visit -- crowds are not as impactful as they are at other times of years and there are tons of events going on that make the heat worth it. Are you in between September and another time of year, or is it September or nothing?

Thank you for putting this together! please add me to the roll call list! September 6-9 for a girls trip staying at the Poly for the first time ever!

:welcome: Just added you to the roll call! How fun!!! You girls are going to love the Poly :)

REFURBISHMENT UPDATE

Disney quietly announced on their website this week that Port Orleans - French Quarter will finally be undergoing the rumored hotel room refurbishment between May 2024-November 2024. Guests may see and hear construction, but most amenities will remain open. You can read more on the official Walt Disney World Resort website here.

Didn't go in 2023 but visited July and September of 2021 after many, many years of summer touring pre-COVID. I won't lie, I noticed a difference in the heat and it's definitely a little worse than it used to be. I think if you are already used to the heat, it won't be a shock to you, but breaks, hydration, and a cream for heat rash is key. September is still a great time of year to visit -- crowds are not as impactful as they are at other times of years and there are tons of events going on that make the heat worth it. Are you in between September and another time of year, or is it September or nothing?

:welcome: Just added you to the roll call! How fun!!! You girls are going to love the Poly :)
Thank you!
We're deciding between this Sept, Oct or Jan '25....really leaning towards Sept due to hopefully lower crowds.
Our August trips have been pretty dang hot and we've been ok (haven't been since 2018 though...) so like you said we have an idea what it'll be like. Someone mentioned "the surface of the sun" describing Sept.2023, so that alarmed me a little!

We have gone the third week of September the last 6 years. Last year did not seem any hotter than usual. It is hot, but we are from Georgia and spend a lot of time outside, so we tolerate it fine with cooling towels and a/c break at lunch.

We have gone the third week of September the last 6 years. Last year did not seem any hotter than usual. It is hot, but we are from Georgia and spend a lot of time outside, so we tolerate it fine with cooling towels and a/c break at lunch.
That's great to hear thank you!

We went the week of Labor Day last year and did fine. It was hot and humid, but we’re from NC where it’s also hot and humid. We took frequent breaks and drank lots of water. We’re going back this Labor Day week because the crowds were so low. Typhoon Lagoon was so empty that week.

Hello! Im joining in as i just booked DH’s and my 2nd adults-only trip for Sept 2-7! :cool1: (Our first was Sept 2022.) We will be at Pop Century again. Love that Skyliner! :goodvibes Looking forward to planning with you guys! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Just added you to the roll call!

We went the week of Labor Day last year and did fine. It was hot and humid, but we’re from NC where it’s also hot and humid. We took frequent breaks and drank lots of water. We’re going back this Labor Day week because the crowds were so low. Typhoon Lagoon was so empty that week.
Thank you!
I agree, the chance of lower crowds is more important to us than the weather. I think September is the winner!

I am a little bummed that Test Track will be closed..not because we ride it but having it closed will likely make lines for ither rides longer.

Food and Wine will be from August 29th thru November 23rd. We get there 9/1. Yay! I knew it would start later this year, but didn't think it would be this late. Still very excited!

2024 EPCOT FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL DATES

Break out your stretchy pants! Post #1 has been updated to include the latest information on the 2024 Epcot Food & Wine Festival, which will be ongoing at Epcot throughout all of September.

Damn So glad to see this post! this is exactly what I need!
We will be going from Sept 28 - Oct 5
Sep 28 - 30 (ASM), Oct 1st - Oct 5th (OKW)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter