***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

some of the negative reviews are around how they were treated - how they are stuffing people at tables/high tops that are not big enough for the # of people they are putting at them, and how you aren't allowed (or at least they weren't) allowed to walk around and check the place out (some saying they were yelled at to get back to their spot).

So I think it has been mixed experiences. Many people have had really good times, but some people have had fairly negative ones and like a lot of things the negative ones are often the loudest

That sounds odd. They encouraged us to take a look around. It’s definitely a tight fit at the tables though. I enjoyed it in there quite a bit every time I went in.

That sounds odd. They encouraged us to take a look around. It’s definitely a tight fit at the tables though. I enjoyed it in there quite a bit every time I went in.

yeah, i think the very negative experience is the exception - but is happening. Kevin from the DIS team had this type of experience and I responding saying this was counter to basically every other report I had read and then someone else chimed in they had a similar experience and were not allowed to look around - only could see what they could see when walking out, etc.

I would be pretty irritated too if I spent $15+ on a drink and couldn’t walk around to take everything in, especially if my assigned spot didn’t have a good view. Hoping it all works out in a few weeks when I go.

As I can't have an alcohol because of medication reason but I looked at the menu to see what were the drinks before going. I just hope I can find a good one lol The non alcoholic drinks haven't been getting good reviews lol
I absolutely loved the black spire brew, it's a coffee drink so you must love coffee to get it, i really disliked the cliff dweller, it just tasted lounge regular orange juice which was a bit if a let down.
Trying to work my way through the entire menu each time i go, it isn't cheap

yeah, i think the very negative experience is the exception - but is happening. Kevin from the DIS team had this type of experience and I responding saying this was counter to basically every other report I had read and then someone else chimed in they had a similar experience and were not allowed to look around - only could see what they could see when walking out, etc.
Kevin was at DL’s Oga’s and he moved from his spot to another table to chat with the guests seated there. They were directed back to their original spot because their server/bartender were timing for their specific original spots.

Last week at DL’s Oga’s, I walked around twice during our timeframe. Once to take photos of DJ Rex because I didn’t see him on my first visit because we stood at the opposite end of the bar.

Then, DD and I walked around, checked out the boba-laying creatures, and took selfies with Rex while other guests were doing the same.

As I can't have an alcohol because of medication reason but I looked at the menu to see what were the drinks before going. I just hope I can find a good one lol The non alcoholic drinks haven't been getting good reviews lol
We had 3 non alcoholic drinks: Black Spire Brew, Jabba Juice, and Carbon Freeze. I didn't care for the Black Spire Brew, but I like my coffee hot and normal. Black Spire Brew was like citrus coffee and not what I would have chosen. Jabba Juice was pretty good, but the Carbon Freeze was fantastic! I had to use my fork from my Mustafarrian Lava Roll and scrape the ice out onto my plate so I could finish the apple boba balls, but I really loved that drink. I hope I get a chance to have one again!

Kevin was at DL’s Oga’s and he moved from his spot to another table to chat with the guests seated there. They were directed back to their original spot because their server/bartender were timing for their specific original spots.

Last week at DL’s Oga’s, I walked around twice during our timeframe. Once to take photos of DJ Rex because I didn’t see him on my first visit because we stood at the opposite end of the bar.

Then, DD and I walked around, checked out the boba-laying creatures, and took selfies with Rex while other guests were doing the same.

yeah, I tried to clarify that to Kevin and he responded that they were not allowed to look around at all and someone else responded they had the same experience - were not allowed to go check out DJ Rex, etc.

I think what you had was the experience the vast majority have had, but seems like there are some inconsistencies

some of the negative reviews are around how they were treated - how they are stuffing people at tables/high tops that are not big enough for the # of people they are putting at them, and how you aren't allowed (or at least they weren't) allowed to walk around and check the place out (some saying they were yelled at to get back to their spot).
My party of 5 squeezed into a smallish space at the bar and made it work, to the merriment of all - for me, it's just part of the experience and not at all different than being in a busy bar/nightclub. But I guess that's it - folks aren't expecting a typical crowded bar experience? Oh well; can't please everyone.

As a former server, I completely understand why you're supposed to stay in your assigned spot - that's how they keep track of orders and seating. That said, I walked around to the one side I hadn't yet seen on my way out and the only comment I had from a CM was asking if I was looking for the exit.

Are you free to look around for a few minutes after your 45mn is up?
I had no problem doing so, but it's really a small place and there isn't a lot more to see beyond what you can see at your assigned spot. I walked around either side of the bar and was out in 45 seconds.

My party of 5 squeezed into a smallish space at the bar and made it work, to the merriment of all - for me, it's just part of the experience and not at all different than being in a busy bar/nightclub. But I guess that's it - folks aren't expecting a typical crowded bar experience? Oh well; can't please everyone.

yeah, I was just trying to put some context around some of the negative reactions to Oga's that I have seen .... like a lot of things with Disney (well, with life in general, but especially Disney) it comes down to expectations. If you aren't expecting to be jammed in one spot with more people that really fit and it is loud, etc. then yeah, I can see it throwing you off and basically shutting down and not enjoying it

I also think it is one of those things where if you are looking for the negative you will find it but if you are looking for the positive you will find that as well

Finally started reading Black Spire Outpost, and I'm wondering if it is required reading for the actresses portraying Vi Moradi, cause you know I'm going over tomorrow and calling her Magpie just to see if I get a reaction. Also love that I'm only on like chapter 5 and they have already mentioned Savi and Mubo and Oga

I absolutely loved the black spire brew, it's a coffee drink so you must love coffee to get it, i really disliked the cliff dweller, it just tasted lounge regular orange juice which was a bit if a let down.
Trying to work my way through the entire menu each time i go, it isn't cheap
Tha is for the suggestions and what not to try. Those drinks are not cheap so working your way through the menu will set you back.

Tha is for the suggestions and what not to try. Those drinks are not cheap so working your way through the menu will set you back.
I mean just because I liked or didn't like something should not sway your decision. But there are non alcoholic drinks to chose from

Sorry, but I bristle at the suggestion several folks have made that not adoring Oga's =

unrealistic expectations or any other deficit on the part of the person who isn't avidly in love with Oga's.

Ugh!

For my part, I liked the décor and music, but the menu, service, and lack of seating left something to be desired, even though I knew going in that the place didn't offer much seating.

The experience just didn't wow us, or really anyone seated around us.

On the whole, I say the new land was okay, good even, it just didn't wow us.

On the other hand.....the new Hagrid's coaster is a WOW!

It isn't a matter of my personal fandom for one franchise over the other. I speak more about the reactions of others. When the HP ride ended, every person around us was laughing and smiling and talking loudly.

The most excitement we saw from others in the SW land was over the metal gift cards. People were very excited for those! They were also pretty excited over the Storm Troopers.

Oh, the other place we saw lots of excitement on our most recent WDW visit? The lobby of Gran Destino! Pretty much everyone we saw at GD looked excited to be there, including the CM's.

Finally started reading Black Spire Outpost, and I'm wondering if it is required reading for the actresses portraying Vi Moradi, cause you know I'm going over tomorrow and calling her Magpie just to see if I get a reaction. Also love that I'm only on like chapter 5 and they have already mentioned Savi and Mubo and Oga

I am reading it now too and looks like up to a similar spot as you ... is interesting reading it almost like a "tour of Galaxy's Edge" as they are hitting all the key stores and stuff

Wonder how much they can play into things based on books (that one or even in Phasma and commenting on when she was being tortured by Cardinal and stuff)

I am reading it now too and looks like up to a similar spot as you ... is interesting reading it almost like a "tour of Galaxy's Edge" as they are hitting all the key stores and stuff

Wonder how much they can play into things based on books (that one or even in Phasma and commenting on when she was being tortured by Cardinal and stuff)
I keep wondering if we'll set Vi on Rise of Skywalker, not even as a principal or even secondary character but like in the background

Libby the library app thinks it will be six months before it is my turn to read it. :( I’m #6 in line and our library system only bought one copy. No physical copies at all. I thought #6 was pretty good til it was released and I saw how few copies are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter