Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

I agree with @PrincessV
I must be reading this wrong, but a submitted time of 1:26 should put you in corral A for almost any (if not all) runDisney races.
Each race brings a new field of participants. While there is some regularity to the placement, statistically speaking, that can heavily be skewed with a drastic change in the entry field. Being an inaugural event, which brings out a lot of 'one and done' runners who may have a significantly faster pace than the standard participant, would certainly change the demographics of the corrals.

I think that's a 1:26 10k submitted as a half proof of time. Not a 1:26 half marathon.

Corral E for me. It's funny, my proof of time was a 2:19 half marathon and that's exactly the cut-off for that corral. I honestly don't remember what I put as my expected time though.

So last year for W&D I had a POT of 1:26 and was in H. For Glass Slipper I used the same POT I was in I. For this race I have a POT of 1:21. I am in H again. BFF has a POT of 1:22 and was in I with me for Glass Slipper and was placed in K for Lumiere. (She was in D for Tink with the same POT) She spoke to rD today and they said she's in the right corral. Even with her POT and what it placed her in for past races. I'm starting to think it's just luck of the draw of who places you or they drew straws or something. Because there's no way one minute equals three corrals difference!
1:20 POT 10K for me... Corral K... definitely thinking they drew straws!

Oh I am now so confused? We are not getting wristbands at the Expo? We are getting a ticket in the mail? Like "snail mail" or email?

Yep. Here's what the "Virtual Event Guide" says:
  • Your Post-Race Party ticket will be sent to you via the address listed as part of your active.com registration profile.
  • Your race bib cannot be used as entry; you will need to present your Post-Race Party ticket.
  • If you enter Epcot® prior to 8:00 p.m. with a Magic Your Way® theme park ticket please visit one of the following locations starting at 8:00 p.m. to validate your Post-Race Party ticket and receive your event wristband:
    • Disney Phineas and Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure – located near the United Kingdom
    • China Overlook – located across from the Temple of Heaven at the China Pavilion
    • Pin Central – located behind Spaceship Earth
  • We encourage guests to use Walt Disney World® transportation to and from the party, which will be extended from Epcot® until 2:00 a.m.
  • We recommend you record your ticket number found on the back left-hand corner, or take a photo of your ticket card. You will need this to replace a lost ticket.
  • If you misplace your ticket please visit the Welcome Center at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (during Expo hours) or Epcot® Guests Relations on the day of the event. You must have your recorded ticket number to receive a replacement.
  • Your gift card included with your race registration will be sent via email to your email address listed as part of your active.com registration profile.

Hi guys......so for those half marathoners.....what do you run the WEEK OF the half? Before you arrive at Disney? Once you're at Disney already? Long runs? Short runs? "Its too late now to bother so no runs"? Speed walking between food booths? Laps around the Hub?

Hi guys......so for those half marathoners.....what do you run the WEEK OF the half? Before you arrive at Disney? Once you're at Disney already? Long runs? Short runs? "Its too late now to bother so no runs"? Speed walking between food booths? Laps around the Hub?
I'm signed up for the 5K + challenge, so I'll be doing one 3-miler at home before heading to Disney. :)

For all who are confused/concerned about corral placement...

1. Keep in mind placement is based on TWO factors: the estimated finish time you entered and, if you entered a time under 2:45, your PoT to back it up. So if you entered, say, an estimated finish time of 2:50, but a PoT that correlates to a 2:00, you'd be placed based on that 2:50 estimated finish, NOT PoT because they wouldn't even look at the PoT for a time slower than 2:45. Or, say you entered a 2:00 finish, but backed it up with a PoT that corresponds to a 2:30 finish - they may place you based on the 2:30 PoT or they may place you in the last corral because your PoT doesn't back-up the 2:00 you entered. The key is that your estimated finish time and PoT match up as closely as possible.

2. LOTS of folks entered finish times higher than 2:45. Enough that they chose not to put them all in a single corral. Some wind up properly placed in the designated 2:45 corral, but others will get moved to other corrals. I haven't seen enough of those folks to guess at how they determined who gets moved vs. who stays. May just be random draw.

3. You can't accurately compare this race's corrals to any other race's because the make-up of each race is different. It looks like this race has a lot of really fast runners who need to be placed up front - that moves everyone slower back a bit compared to a race that has more slower runners. The letter of your corral has no real meaning - it's really about where you're placed relative to the rest of the field.

4. What I don't know, and would be interested in learning, is what happens if you've entered a time slower than the 2:45 PoT cutoff, but faster than 3:30 - say a 2:50 estimated finish - and you submitted a PoT to back up that time, and you wound up in the last corral anyway. Would Runner Relations do anything to move you up if you showed that PoT that would place you in a different corral, even though it wasn't required? If anyone happens to be in that position and tries asking RR at the expo, please report back!

Interrupting the corral talk for a second...here's the PhotoPass info for this race weekend (page 17 of the guide).

PHOTOS
Disney PhotoPass® Photographers will be on the course and at the finish line taking your photos during the race. Smile and make sure your bib is in view on the front of your shirt! Race photos will be available to view atMyDisneyPhotoPass.com (select Walt Disney World) and on the My Disney Experience app within 24 hours of the event. To link your photos, you will need to enter the 11-digit RaceID followed by your 5-digit bib number. If your bib number is less than 5 digits, please add zeros at the beginning of your bib number to complete the 16-digit code. See below for RaceIDs; replace the x’s with your bib number to complete the code:

Kids Races: 2016WINEKIDxxxxx
5K: 2016WINED5Kxxxxx
10K: 2016WINE10Kxxxxx
Half Marathon: 2016WINEHLFxxxxx

Random Aside, I was hoping but not expecting that the monorail would be running the morning of the 10K. Looks like it won't be...wahhh! ;)

Interrupting the corral talk for a second...here's the PhotoPass info for this race weekend (page 17 of the guide).

PHOTOS
Disney PhotoPass® Photographers will be on the course and at the finish line taking your photos during the race. Smile and make sure your bib is in view on the front of your shirt! Race photos will be available to view atMyDisneyPhotoPass.com (select Walt Disney World) and on the My Disney Experience app within 24 hours of the event. To link your photos, you will need to enter the 11-digit RaceID followed by your 5-digit bib number. If your bib number is less than 5 digits, please add zeros at the beginning of your bib number to complete the 16-digit code. See below for RaceIDs; replace the x’s with your bib number to complete the code:

Kids Races: 2016WINEKIDxxxxx
5K: 2016WINED5Kxxxxx
10K: 2016WINE10Kxxxxx
Half Marathon: 2016WINEHLFxxxxx

Random Aside, I was hoping but not expecting that the monorail would be running the morning of the 10K. Looks like it won't be...wahhh! ;)

Can we link our bib number to Photo Pass that we've purchased before the race (like now) or do we have to wait until after the race?

So, due to circumstances which I wish I could control :sad2: we have an extra party ticket. Since we purchased it a while ago, I would rather it be used then unused. If anyone needs an extra ticket let me know!

I'm doing the Challenge and arrive to Disney on Wed. I will likely do a 30-45 minute run on Tuesday before I leave the next day. Other than that, speed waking between booths and running to the merch will be it for me!

For all who are confused/concerned about corral placement...

1. Keep in mind placement is based on TWO factors: the estimated finish time you entered and, if you entered a time under 2:45, your PoT to back it up. So if you entered, say, an estimated finish time of 2:50, but a PoT that correlates to a 2:00, you'd be placed based on that 2:50 estimated finish, NOT PoT because they wouldn't even look at the PoT for a time slower than 2:45. Or, say you entered a 2:00 finish, but backed it up with a PoT that corresponds to a 2:30 finish - they may place you based on the 2:30 PoT or they may place you in the last corral because your PoT doesn't back-up the 2:00 you entered. The key is that your estimated finish time and PoT match up as closely as possible.

2. LOTS of folks entered finish times higher than 2:45. Enough that they chose not to put them all in a single corral. Some wind up properly placed in the designated 2:45 corral, but others will get moved to other corrals. I haven't seen enough of those folks to guess at how they determined who gets moved vs. who stays. May just be random draw.

3. You can't accurately compare this race's corrals to any other race's because the make-up of each race is different. It looks like this race has a lot of really fast runners who need to be placed up front - that moves everyone slower back a bit compared to a race that has more slower runners. The letter of your corral has no real meaning - it's really about where you're placed relative to the rest of the field.

4. What I don't know, and would be interested in learning, is what happens if you've entered a time slower than the 2:45 PoT cutoff, but faster than 3:30 - say a 2:50 estimated finish - and you submitted a PoT to back up that time, and you wound up in the last corral anyway. Would Runner Relations do anything to move you up if you showed that PoT that would place you in a different corral, even though it wasn't required? If anyone happens to be in that position and tries asking RR at the expo, please report back!

All of these are interesting points to consider. I know my friend entered 2:45 for her finish time and then provided her 1:22 POT. I also put a 2:45 finish, just wanting them to look at my POT which is 1:21 and it seems I got placed by my entered finish time and she by her POT? I do agree that this seems to be a speedier crowd, or everyone put in 2:45 or lower to get their POT looked at? I don't know that runner relations will do much since she already called, but she'll probably go ask at the expo. If not, I am dropping back to K. :sad: We'll just try to get as close to the front of the corral as possible. :scared: Fortunately we only stop for 1-2 photo ops normally. Guess there is no taking it easy for us, especially for the 10K since we have to get to our Parisian breakfast! ;)

My plan the weekend before is to do 7-8 the Friday before, Saturday off, Sun & Mon 3-4 each and then I leave Tuesday so won't run again till the 5k Friday. I won't run any days while I'm at Disney except race days.

9 m/m, eh?... You have no idea. :D

Edit: But let me say, do be careful as you weave in and out of the crowd. I'm not going to say not to do that altogether, because it is inevitable. (You'll be passing people from most of the corrals in front of you as well.) It will get frustrating. A lot of runners out there don't know not to walk on the farthest left possible, so just remember to say 'excuse me' and 'on your left' in the most cheerful Disney-like voice you have, stay patient, and have fun!

I am glad you put it this way. I have seen a lot of people going back and forth about this on the facebook groups. And, while in smaller local races generally walkers or run/walkers will stay to the right and faster runners on the left, that is just not possible at a disney race with soooo many more run/walkers than usual. By sheer volume (and their push of run/walk training plans) you will find it near impossible for every run/walker to be on the far right, and it usually ends up around half and half. I do a half mile, walk 30-60 seconds, repeat interval and I (always!) turn to make sure no one is right behind me, put my arm up, and either get behind the closest large pack of walkers leaving room for others to go around, or to a far side where I am not in the way, or wherever is safest. I think people stop without warning usually because they are getting exhausted and just so happy it is walking time :) So while your nerves will be tweaked, try not to hate them!

Because I have too much extra time this morning .....

View attachment 201760

Awesome work! I am also a bit confused, as my submitted finish would put me in G, but I ended up in I. And normally (i.e. without photos) I'd anticipate to finish more around 2:20-2:30. But I figure 2 corrals isn't worth arguing with guest relations. And your chart helps back that theory up, as I'd still be in the first total half of runners anyways.

So last year for W&D I had a POT of 1:26 and was in H. For Glass Slipper I used the same POT I was in I. For this race I have a POT of 1:21. I am in H again. BFF has a POT of 1:22 and was in I with me for Glass Slipper and was placed in K for Lumiere. (She was in D for Tink with the same POT) She spoke to rD today and they said she's in the right corral. Even with her POT and what it placed her in for past races. I'm starting to think it's just luck of the draw of who places you or they drew straws or something. Because there's no way one minute equals three corrals difference!

It does seem like this time a few people seem to just be bumped around randomly, though close to where they should be. A lot make sense with how @PrincessV explained, I guess we were just the unlucky few without much of a rhyme or reason to it!

So, due to circumstances which I wish I could control :sad2: we have an extra party ticket. Since we purchased it a while ago, I would rather it be used then unused. If anyone needs an extra ticket let me know!

I have been trying to decide what to do here - I have my 20 year old cousin coming with me. She usually is in bed by 10pm (I know a strange 20 year old!) and can't drink. I'd love her to be able to come for a couple of hours, but I realize that making it to 1:00pm is just not going to happen. But $80 for 2 hours is just so hard to validate! But then, so is abandoning her in the room :(

Hi! Bopping over from another rundisney event thread because I'm a lurker. Does rundisney use the McMillan pace calculator? I kind of assumed that they did when I entered my Tink registration so I matched up my 10k proof with the estimated finish for 1/2 marathon the calculator gave me...instead of just going with my 10k pace times 13.1 miles. Is that the right way to do it?
I could see where people submitting the same 10k proof but calculating expected 1/2 time could be way off from each other, right?

Sorry for being a thread hijacker.

I prefer to get in a short, slow paced run within 3 days before a race or I just feel stiff / calf muscles tight.
I am flying to Disney on Friday early early morning & racing Sat/Sun so I'll likely try to get in a 3 mile run on Wednesday night. Not sure if I will do Sat/Sun/Wed or Sat/Mon/Wed will just depend on what is going on. Thinking 5.5 - 6 miles on the weekend before. Those are based on what distance I'm comfortable with, and complete on a regular basis (when I don't have a race coming up).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter