***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

Uggg not a good planning day :( I discovered ROL is only offered limited nights in sept. I had planned AK on Monday but there isnt a ROL on monday. We only have 2 park days and 2 water park days. You would think that would make it easier but it doesnt! I have 1 ADR, BOG at 8am the day after ROL is scheduled. That leaves us out late and up early. I had so carefully planned to do a RD day then a sleep in water park day, pre RD BOG day with a nap and emh night, and finish off with another sleep in water park day. Now I have to rearrange

That caused us trouble too! We had to swap two days with each other, had family members have to extend their trips to make a birthday dinner, lost an ADR it was awful! I hope you're able to easily rearrange things. :tink:

Hi to all brave enough to face the September heat and rain! Husband and I are Pop Century bound 9/3 through the 10th although we have a habit of adding a day sometimes. I am in process of losing 10 to 15 lbs to accommodate the weight I put on while we are there....its a sad commentary, but true nonetheless. Planning on hitting the Sept. 7th Halloween party. And food and wine. And meeting friends for a few meals. Can't wait! Thinking of having my paychecks sent directly to the mouse from now until Sept. 1st!:earsgirl::earsboy:

We'll be at the party on the 7th as well!:hmghost:

I haven't thought about ROL that closely yet, but with all the Halloween parties etc, if we can't make it work, then we can't make it work. It seems like something we would like, but with the mixed reviews I am ok if we can't fit it in.

We're booked for tusker house breakfast rol dining package on 9/21. We lucked out bc that was our animal kingdom planned day anyway.

Uggg not a good planning day :( I discovered ROL is only offered limited nights in sept. I had planned AK on Monday but there isnt a ROL on monday. We only have 2 park days and 2 water park days. You would think that would make it easier but it doesnt! I have 1 ADR, BOG at 8am the day after ROL is scheduled. That leaves us out late and up early. I had so carefully planned to do a RD day then a sleep in water park day, pre RD BOG day with a nap and emh night, and finish off with another sleep in water park day. Now I have to rearrange

I am having similar issues trying to make the new schedule fit with ADRs I made long ago. Now the kids are wanting to try to fit the Star Wars dessert party in and there is only 1 night it will fit and it is the night before we planned on taking advantage of EMH.

I think i have settled on just skipping ROL. Here is what i currently have planned.
Sunday Sept 10th Arrival day No plans
Monday Sept 11th RD Epcot then head to AK in the evening FP 1 Pandora ride enjoy the atmosphere in Pandora and hit the Non Pandora stuff.(its morning ehm at AK tho so that may be bad)
Tuesday Sept 12th Water Park
Wednesday Sept 13th AK RD hitting 2nd Pandora ride maybe a quick EE and Dinosaur then Head to MK for BOG Lunch stay for evening EMH
Thursday Sept 14th Water park and Disney Springs
But if i can get a different BOG Res ill probably change stuff.

After posting this, I saw it had already been noted in another thread, but for anyone who might not know, it might affect previously made plans for September:

Just read that Festival of Fantasy parade at MK will be moved to a 2:00 start time beginning on August 20th and speculation that earlier start time could signal a new night parade, possibly Paint the Night. Interesting....

Last edited:
We have stayed at the cabins twice and loved it.
That's great to hear! I can't say it was ever in my list of must do resorts but with a group of 6 it is a perfect fit. I'm happy to hear it is well liked though!

I am feeling a little nervous because the planning thus far has gone really smooth for this trip. Makes me think I'm probably missing things or the entire plan will go kaput! once the fast pass window opens. This trip for us is a bonus trip since we went big in December 2016 and did not plan to go back for a few years. DD's boyfriend planted the seed for a trip before their AP's expire in September and a long Labor Day weekend trip was born.
Our plans thus far(thoughts and suggestions welcome):
8/31-me, DH, DD26 and BF arrive around noon. Check in to villa at Kidani, head to one of the parks for mid to late afternoon lunch, atmosphere, maybe a ride or 2. Since it's arrival day, will not make ADR (been burned before) so, will need to do some of this on the fly. DD21 arrives around 9:30pm so, we'll head back to AKL to meet her-quick cocktail and then bed.
9/1-RD AK until midday. Head back to hotel for lunch at Sanaa at 1:15. Swim, nap, relax then head to HS late afternoon. Hope to ride a few things and then Dessert Party and SW Fireworks.
9/2-Epcot in the AM-probably not a rope drop but early as possible. Grab some lunch at the F&W kiosks, head back to hotel for swim/nap, etc.
Head to MK for evening atmosphere-maybe a ride or two but going mostly for fireworks. Late dinner at CA Grill 9:45pm.
9/3-sleep in then head to HS. Haven't figured out lunch yet on this day. Depending on how everyone feels, will go for a break or head straight to Epcot for World Showcase, F&W and Illuminations.
9/4-AK in the AM. Lunch TBD. Everyone but DH and I depart in the evening. Will either do Disney Springs or head back to one of the parks depending on how we feel.
9/5-head home.

I was so lucky I had no ADR's at the time and I was able to switch my AK day with my Epcot day.

I'm staying at AS Music Sept 17th- Oct 1st. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter