• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh Dear.

Aroura

Wishing for some magic
It is so typical.. Getting to the middle of June, and today, I have started to feel really awful. Right now I have a scratchy throat, a sinus twinge, dizzy, Massive headache, and I feel feverish. *sigh*.. I have often been one of those " summer" bronchitis people.. *prays to the Disney God that this is not what is going to happen*.

I have 18 days before we start our drive... I will be okay, Right... RIGHT??? sprinkle pixi dust on me guys.. I am thinking that I will be okay for the actual trip, but I have SOOOOOOOOOO much left to do guys. SO MUCH... I can't get sick...

What are your tips for me... Send some disney love my way, and prehaps this will be a one night thing.. *crosses fingers*

it is going to be 97 out tomorrow.. and I am chaperoning on DS 6's trip to a Dairy Farm... 97 at a Dairy farm... send pixi dust for that as well... or nose plugs. :p

Loads and Loads of Pixie Dust for you!! I really hope you get better! I know how it is to be sick at the World, it's not fun!! Get lots of beauty sleep, and hope you get better!!!

I'd say this is PERFECT timing! :) Always good to get being sick out of the way near your trip, since then you can be sure it won't happen during! Knock yourself out with Nyquil for the next couple of nights so you'll get some productive rest. And I don't know whether you're a tea drinker, but there's some really great new vanilla-flavored hot tea out there now. It got me through my last bug and now I'm addicted.

Oh, also, stay away from (or expose now!) your travel companions. And know what you can let go of in the "SO MUCH left to do" category. I know it's hard. I'm a control freak too. ;)

:wizard: pixie dust to you
i am also one of the summer bronchits people so i know how you feel
just awful

but with 18 days left you should be ok for your trip but you need your rest now
don't fight your body let it heal so your trip won't be one where you are tired all the time

FLuids rest and medication from the DR's

ANd of course more :wizard:

Hope your up and going again real soon

Lysol all doorknobs, phones and remotes. Wash hands alot. Drink water all day (put some lemon or lime in it). Good Luck!!!

Go to your drugstore/health store and purchase:

1.) Echinacea: it's an herbal supplement that boosts the immune system. Start taking it now according to the directions. After 2 weeks, STOP taking it. Otherwise your body builds an immunity.

2.) Vitamin C: any kind! Chewable, swallowable - anything! Take lots of it. Whatever your body doesn't need, it will flush out. You can't OD on Vitamin C, and it also boosts immunity.

3.) Zicam - find this with the cold medications. It's a gel that goes in your nostril. It comes in either a spray form, or on swabs. I prefer the swabs because they're a lot less messy. It's expensive, but it WORKS.

Take those three things in addition to LOTS of rest. Drink tons of water. Drink so much water that you think you'll float away. It will help to wash all the bacteria out. As others have said, wash hands as often as you can. Keep your hands away from your face as much as possible.

That should get you over it in the course of about 3 or 4 days.

I find that the Tylenol Sinus (just decongestant) works wonders for me in keeping the sinuses open. You sound just like I do, but without the feverish feeling. Must be something really horrific out there in the air...maybe those nasty cottonwood trees. I know there is a lot of pine pollen on the ground also. Feel better.

Poor you.
Everyone's reply is pretty much what I do as well when sick. Except we can't get Zicam here. But I immediately start taking a lot of vitamin C with zinc in the morning and again before bed. This is in addition to the usual multivitamin. If you have kids give them an extra vit C in addition to their multis as well. Rest! Go to bed early every night. Don't forget to clean the computer keyboard and mouse. Too late for the school trip, but Claritin works for me when I'm having a bad allergy attack.
Good luck!

ps...if you want to really have a good night sleep try this recipe, but please go straight to bed after drinking it, it's lethal.:D
hot tea, fresh lime or lemon juice, honey and a hefty splash of rum. Pop an aspirin or two with it and climb into bed.

Pixie Dust comin' at cha!!!

Hope things work themselves out for you!!!

You'll be well and feeling great by the time you go to WDW!::yes::

My DW, the microbiologist, says change your toothbrushes. Lots of critters live on those!

"Dipping" it in bleach only kills the least hardy of the germs. The stronger ones that survive actually develop an immunity to the bleach. Try soaking the toothbrush for an hour or so instead, in a diluted bleach solution. There should be a 'recipe' for the strongest/safest solution on the bottle.

And to the OP - hope you feel better soon! Luckily, the weather is going to cool down here in MA tonight, so that should bring you some relief!

hey aroura,

i hope you are feeling better soon!! i noticed that you are from ma also, what part?? the pollen has been really bad around here, my cars are yellow with it!! what dairy farm did you head to?

Just wanted to add my share of :wizard: pixie dust,,,,hope you get better FAST,,I just went through this,,and I SAY--VIT C also!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!!!!

Tink--Linda

Best thing for any illness: SLEEP!

Advil Cold and Sinus is what helps me and also DS.

I had to laugh at the microbiology posts. After taking that class in college, I stopped biting my nails. YUCK!!!

Originally posted by Schmeck
"Dipping" it in bleach only kills the least hardy of the germs. The stronger ones that survive actually develop an immunity to the bleach. Try soaking the toothbrush for an hour or so instead, in a diluted bleach solution. There should be a 'recipe' for the strongest/safest solution on the bottle.

You are right. ::yes:: That is what I really do, and not only with my toothbrush but also our hairbrushes, combs and those knit body scrub-things. After reading an online article on the amount of bacteria present on your desk/computer/phone I brought Lysol wipes to work. And yes, I was the mother wiping off the handles of shopping carts when a bad gastro was going around our tiny island and our kids were still small enough to sit in the carts.:hyper: Now I just enforce the wash your hands as soon as you come home rule (for some reason especially from the video rental store). It does freak me out how many of my kid's friends just rinse their hands without soap. That's when I tell them their only giving the germs a drink. Anyway, we digress..!

Disinfecting your toothbrush is a really good idea. However, I think I would just buy a new one instead of soaking it in bleach. Ya never know if you're going to be able to rinse that bleach completely off. Just buy a new one :)

Good luck! Feel better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter