Oh my, oh my..............I'VE DONE IT!!!!!

mattnkatsmum

Mouseketeer
After all the procrastinating and 'should I buy re-sale?', 'should I buy at Hilton Head?' ....et cetera, et cetera. I picked up the phone, phoned Disney and bought 150 points at SSR. I managed to get $13 off per point (so $88) for not using points until December, which suits me fine as we are paying OOP for WL in August.

And you know what? I absolutely feel like I've done the right thing. No post-purchase trauma for me :cool1:

So a big thank you to everyone here, for all your help. I may have taken the 'conventional' route, but I have done so with my eyes wide open!

I'm sure you'll hear a lot more from me now as I get to grips with DVC.

Karen

Congratulations and welcome home neighbour!! :thumbsup2

Charlotte

Great news! :cool1:

"Welcome Home", and have fun with your points :)

Congratulations :cheer2: You've cetainly done your research :thumbsup2

Hope you will be as happy as the rest of us. Welcome home. DVC is best thing I have ever done.

Susan

mattnkatsmum said:
After all the procrastinating and 'should I buy re-sale?', 'should I buy at Hilton Head?' ....et cetera, et cetera. I picked up the phone, phoned Disney and bought 150 points at SSR. I managed to get $13 off per point (so $88) for not using points until December, which suits me fine as we are paying OOP for WL in August.

And you know what? I absolutely feel like I've done the right thing. No post-purchase trauma for me :cool1:

So a big thank you to everyone here, for all your help. I may have taken the 'conventional' route, but I have done so with my eyes wide open!

I'm sure you'll hear a lot more from me now as I get to grips with DVC.

Karen

so pleased for you Karen. Great news , welcome home. :wave:

we are all new to this too and I can't stop talking about it so much so that Hubby and sons have banned me unless it is a Sunday :rotfl: so Sunday in our house is no offically DVC + Florida . day :banana:
my son said today Mum it is 11 oclock and you havn't mentioned you know what :rotfl:

we have had such a lot of heartache over the lat 4 years that this is what keeps us going. :)

Congratulations - you won't regret it (apart from wishing you always had more points)

Welcome home.

Welcome home, and watch out for the dreaded addonitis!!

Welcome home. We are at SSR now, and it is fantastic.

EDIT: Oops, posted under DW's user name, who has already posted above :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter