"Oh we're goin' to the hukilau" - Who's going to the Poly in July '10?

Lorie~ You are very close!!! Wow! I love the last few days just before you go....busy, but fun! :)

Disney Ron~ :welcome: Looks like you'll be leaving soon, too!

Zuzu~ Your daughter is a very smart girl :thumbsup2 Great choice! lol

mdrob~ You should be fine with those sandals. I've seen everything in footwear at those restaurants from Havianas to stilettos. I usually wear my dressier sandals at night but comfort is important. BTW we are dining at Yachtsman and Narcoossee's too. Our 30th anniversary dinner is at Narcs. :lovestruc

I just asked my DH to get the luggage down from the attic. We still have 26 days to go but it's not too early to start.....right?

Deb, it's never to early to start with the luggage.

Up until 3 days ago we were going in September with Free Dining, but because of work obligations we were able to move the trip to WDW to July 4th for 7 days. That's why I'm just getting to this thread.

Have a great trip.

mdrob~ You should be fine with those sandals. I've seen everything in footwear at those restaurants from Havianas to stilettos. I usually wear my dressier sandals at night but comfort is important. BTW we are dining at Yachtsman and Narcoossee's too. Our 30th anniversary dinner is at Narcs. :lovestruc

I just asked my DH to get the luggage down from the attic. We still have 26 days to go but it's not too early to start.....right?

It's never too early to start!

Yeah. Here at home I would probably wear my sandals with heels. They are comfy, too, but not for WDW.

Add us!

July 18-26th (after four nights at Universal). I'm going to need the tropical ambiance (and a Pina Colava) from the Harry Potter craziness!!! :banana:

We'll be celebrating our Emma's 1st birthday.

Congrats to your DD on graduating and she made a great choice for a trip.

Zuzu, we think Emma is such a pretty name. I guess great minds think alike.;)

SOOO cute that she's celebrating her first b-day at WDW! You're starting her out on the right path! LOL! Yes, it is a pretty name - I had an Aunt Dilema and they called her Emma for short. Plus 17 years ago Emma Thompson was very popular as an actress, so it was a no-brainer! :)

Add us!

July 18-26th (after four nights at Universal). I'm going to need the tropical ambiance (and a Pina Colava) from the Harry Potter craziness!!! :banana:

HAHAH! You're in! Wow, you're brave! We've thought about it and decided to wait a bit - DH does NOT have patience for it and I don't want him (and by default, us), to be miserable!:lmao:

HAHAH! You're in! Wow, you're brave! We've thought about it and decided to wait a bit - DH does NOT have patience for it and I don't want him (and by default, us), to be miserable!

I wish I could convince DH to wait because I'd book AKL for the first four nights in a heartbeat! I think we should wait another year to visit HP, but DH is adamant. I hope we are happily surprised. Can you have that Pina Colava waiting for me on the morning 18th? LOL!!!!

I wish I could convince DH to wait because I'd book AKL for the first four nights in a heartbeat! I think we should wait another year to visit HP, but DH is adamant. I hope we are happily surprised. Can you have that Pina Colava waiting for me on the morning 18th? LOL!!!!

You bet, I'll have them lined up for you!!! :rotfl:

Hey guys, I posted earlier in the thread but for some reason didn't get added to the list in the first post, could you add me please? Thanks so much, hope to see you all at the Poly!

I'll be at the Poly July 22nd - August 2nd!

Hey guys, I posted earlier in the thread but for some reason didn't get added to the list in the first post, could you add me please? Thanks so much, hope to see you all at the Poly!

I'll be at the Poly July 22nd - August 2nd!
Wow! I don't know how I missed you, sooooo sorry!!! You're on the list now!!!

Headed out in the morning .... hope to see some of you there by the pool.:cool1:

Hooray!!!! Have a wonderful, magical, pixie dust filled trip!!! Let us know how it went when you get back!!! :goodvibes

SeaSpray,

You should be happy-hula dancing! Your trip is so close! Mine is in 19 days! Woo hoo - I'm in the teens!!!! :love:

SeaSpray, getting close now! It's less than a week!!! :goodvibes

Scanne- I'm leaving 3 weeks from today, so 21 more days for me. Soon we'll be in single digits too!! :cool1:

I'm having a Lava Flow at the pool bar as soon as humanly possible after check in!

We arrived at the resort at about 3 pm.

Check in went well. We Received our request for first floor connecting rooms. Perfect view of the castle and lagoon and grand Floridian.

We have reservations for kona at 7:05.

Still waiting for our luggage though and it's even nearly four hours since our plane landed. :confused3

Kids r at the pool and I'm listening to the ferry and beautiful resort music on the patio..:cool2:

Any questions???

Just found this thread! Count us in!!

We're staying Poly GV (first time) 7/25-7/30!!! We're starting the trip with 1 night at SSR(really want to try it for my DVC research :thumbsup2), and then finishing with 2 nights Dolphin (Teacher Rate!:teacher::teacher:)

I told kids we're staying AKL (which we've done twice) and I told hubby we were doing CR. Everyone's first choice was Poly, so everyone will be surprised!!!! Our first time at the Polynesian!

Kerri

We arrived at the resort at about 3 pm.

Check in went well. We Received our request for first floor connecting rooms. Perfect view of the castle and lagoon and grand Floridian.

We have reservations for kona at 7:05.

Still waiting for our luggage though and it's even nearly four hours since our plane landed. :confused3

Kids r at the pool and I'm listening to the ferry and beautiful resort music on the patio..:cool2:

Any questions???

YAY! I'm so glad to hear that you're there and already enjoying the resort!!!! How's the weather? Are you going to be able to keep us updated throughout your stay? Thanks so much for checking in!!!!

Just found this thread! Count us in!!

We're staying Poly GV (first time) 7/25-7/30!!! We're starting the trip with 1 night at SSR(really want to try it for my DVC research :thumbsup2), and then finishing with 2 nights Dolphin (Teacher Rate!:teacher::teacher:)

I told kids we're staying AKL (which we've done twice) and I told hubby we were doing CR. Everyone's first choice was Poly, so everyone will be surprised!!!! Our first time at the Polynesian!

Kerri

Aloha Kerri! Welcome!!!! How cool you're doing a split stay too! And YEAH for the teacher rate!!!!! ;)

YAY! I'm so glad to hear that you're there and already enjoying the resort!!!! How's the weather? Are you going to be able to keep us updated throughout your stay? Thanks so much for checking in!!!!

)

The weather is normal for july - hot and muggy with threat of thunder storms.

I have my iPad with me so hoping to update as I can

Hint for packing if using magical express - pack a little of each family members clothing In each suitcase just in case they don't all arrive In a timely manner. Our six pieces arrived in shifts over a period of six hours. The kids had their things by dinner But we did not.

Dinner at kona was great.

Hint for packing if using magical express - pack a little of each family members clothing In each suitcase just in case they don't all arrive In a timely manner. Our six pieces arrived in shifts over a period of six hours. The kids had their things by dinner But we did not.

That happened to DD and I with ME. We arrived about noon, checked in to the Poly but had only minimal things with us, went to the Spirit of Aloha that night without what we had planned to wear. Our suitcase finally showed up at midnight - we were already in bed when the knock came on the door! So very good advice Lorie!

Count us in too! We'll be there July 17-26!

Still trying to decide on our room request.

Great advice! We pack a little of each family members' clothes in each suitcase--just in case!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter