Ohana Craziness

bonniegirl

Earning My Ears
I’ve been hearing a lot of feedback on the boards regarding Ohana. Thought I’d share my experience this morning. We had a reservation for 9:45. We did not get seated until 10:35. 50 minutes after our reservation! We sat fo more than 1/2 an hour before we got our skillet. After an hour we’ve seen 1 character. Ohana is normally a family tradition for us. I think we will be trying something new in March when we come back.

We typically go as soon as they open and have had no waits are made MK rope drop.

We typically make our reservation around 10am and we are seated within a few minutes. Drinks, bread, and skillet all come very fast as well. DH always gets over easy eggs and we ask for bacon. The characters all visit while we are eating. We were just there last spring break and this was our experience. Maybe it was an off day. 🤷‍♀️

I’ve never been to breakfast, but late seating seems to be a common thing I’ve read here on the boards. IMO a 50 minute wait for breakfast is ridiculous.

I know we always seem to have to wait at least 15-20 minutes for dinner.

I’ve been hearing a lot of feedback on the boards regarding Ohana. Thought I’d share my experience this morning. We had a reservation for 9:45. We did not get seated until 10:35. 50 minutes after our reservation! We sat fo more than 1/2 an hour before we got our skillet. After an hour we’ve seen 1 character. Ohana is normally a family tradition for us. I think we will be trying something new in March when we come back.
I really hope you talked to a manager before you left. That's just not acceptable. If you didn't do it then, please contact guest relations to let them know.

We were there for dinner twice during our recent trip and we didn’t have to wait more than 10 minutes for our table, even thought we were early (it was a couple of really hot park days, we left early). We didn’t wait overly long for our food, neither was it rushed through. We were in and out in a hour or so. Perfect for us. Food the first time was average, but was was MUCH better the second time we were there.

We had a few great meals here, many good but not great experiences, and then one truly terrible visit, and haven’t been back since. It used to be our “last breakfast after we checked out” meal, usually scheduled around 10:30-11. We were only seated on time maybe half the times we ate here? 50 minutes is a long time though, I hope you write to guest services.

We had the same experience. Waited so long we asked for the manager. They told us it was because we had a table for and the couple seated at our table stayed longer then expected. They gave us 1 fast pass. Disney's go to when they have issues.

What time did you arrive?

We usually arrive 15 mins prior to an ADR and that is more then enough time to get seated by your ADR time. 50 mins to get food is stupid there. you should get food within 15 mins tops.

If you didn't talk to the manager, I hope you write to guest services.
I understand a reataurant being behind and we have waited 30 minutes before for an ADR. 50 minutes is far too long, unless you were a large group that needed a pecific size table. 1 FP doesn't make up for the wait.

In a restaurant that size, with the reservation system Disney uses, a single couple lingering at a specific table shouldn't have caused a significant wait. 'Ohana is one of only two restaurants where we had a long wait to be seated - the other was Le Cellier.

We had a similar experience with a late breakfast reservation a week ago. We checked in 15 minutes early and waited about 45 minutes for a table. At check in they 'warned' us that things were running behind and there were a ton of people sitting and standing around waiting. Once seated it took a while for our skillets BUT we had to wait for the chef for an allergy consult prior which was the big holdup.

We went here once and it was our most unpleasant experience with Disney dining so far. We had a reservation around 10:30am and opted to pay for a taxi so we wouldn't be too late only to show up and have at least a 45 minute wait as well. Character experience was fine, and Stitch was a lot of fun, but despite the fact we always take efforts to alert the restaurants about my son's unusual food allergies (none of them top 8), they were entirely unprepared and unsure about what he could have or not. Tried offering us allergy free waffles to have to be reminded his major allergen is rice, a main ingredient in their allergy free mix. We did end up with safe options, but the chef seemed more bothered by having to check ingredients than anything. Not what we normally experience at Disney. To top that off, the food really seemed like what you would get at any quick service breakfast location. Dry overcooked potatoes, waffles, bacon, eggs, nothing stood out as all that special. Except maybe the juice.

From most of the reviews it seems like this place is very hit or miss. Not sure why.

Thankfully I’ve never had to wait more than 20 minutes past adr time for any Disney restaurant including Ohana. If it gets to be 30 minutes there’s a good chance I would leave and find quick service somewhere.

This is a family tradition for us (my husband is such a stitch fan he’s tattooed on his forearm) and I have to go every trip. Personally, I find the entire experience frustrating. The long lines to check in, waiting for food... it is hit or miss. Sometimes it goes smoothly and sometimes I’m internally vowing to try and get out of going there Next trip. I find a Bloody Mary or warped hula hoop really helps to get me in the aloha spirit.

We go for breakfast every trip and usually get seated right away. We tend to go for a late breakfast and make it our lunch. The last time that we went for dinner was 2 years ago. We had to wait over an hour for our ADR with 2 small children. We refuse to go for dinner any more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter