Ohana vs Crystal Palace Breakfast

firefly_ris

DIS Veteran
Your thoughts? My son likes Stitch but have heard mixed things lately about long waits, loud, etc. I would love to eat at Crystal Palace because it screams "classic Disney" to me but I think everyone is neutral on Pooh characters (except maybe Tigger? My kids never really got into it). I don't want to do both, I don't have a big table service budget so just want to book one character breakfast preferably close to MK.

Last edited:
Speaking about Ohana for breakfast. Got in right at my ADR time. Although it seemed to take awhile for the characters to get around they didn't rush out of there so we didn't miss any of them. Didn't find in any noisier then any other Disney Restaurant. We were there this past August.

We've always had waits to be seated at 'Ohana for breakfast and at Crystal Palace, so I guess that's a wash in my experience. We even waited at 'Ohana when we had the earliest breakfast time slot. The food quality and variety is better at Crystal Palace. I guess it comes down to which is more convenient for you and which set of characters appeals more.

We didn't care much for Ohana breakfast. We did like the characters better and liked that the food was served to you rather than having to get up to go to a buffet line, but our food was slow to be replenished and having to flag down our server each time we wanted more of something was annoying. Characters were slow to come around the table as well. We also thought the food offerings didn't have much of a variety, especially considering the high price point.

We don't care much for the Crystal Palace characters, but like the unique offerings they have like breakfast lasagna. Its also much more convenient for an MK day.

Every character meal I've been to has been loud, so I just expect that when I go. Of the 2 mentioned, we preferred Crystal Palace. The food and the character interactions were way better. That breakfast lasagna was delicious! Our food at 'Ohana was so dry although it was nice that it was brought to the table family style. The characters rushed through the tables, hardly even taking time for a picture. We left pretty disappointed.

Thanks all! Hmm. Several factors to think about.... I think that I am leaning towards Crystal Palace; I know my DH is not going to love the price of the character meal so I might as well do the place that has a bit more item variety on the menu, plus even though Poly is close, being in the park already is good. If I drop Ohana I'll save it for another trip (if we can swing another one...) and maybe splurge on a dinner for that one instead.

Thanks all! Hmm. Several factors to think about.... I think that I am leaning towards Crystal Palace; I know my DH is not going to love the price of the character meal so I might as well do the place that has a bit more item variety on the menu, plus even though Poly is close, being in the park already is good. If I drop Ohana I'll save it for another trip (if we can swing another one...) and maybe splurge on a dinner for that one instead.

For what it's worth, we had CP breakfast in April and my husband volunteered that he liked the food (a big deal). Pooh characters have never been favorites in my house....but we enjoyed the interaction. (I have discovered that planning ahead with questions can lead to fun with most characters.)

We had a 10:30 seating....enjoyed some rides and then enjoyed breakfast at a time when tables seemed to be turning over - it wasn't terribly crowded. (Not sure if this is the norm for a late weekday breakfast). I like all of the sunlight and greenery....and the puffed French toast !

To be fair- I have not eaten at Ohana.​

We've never had breakfast at CP, but we love Ohana. The menu at Ohana isn't as extensive as the buffet at CP, but Ohana is a little more relaxing (IMO) as the food is served family style to your table, so no walking through a buffet line. With that said, since the food is served to you, you won't miss any characters coming to the table like you might at CP with having to go up to the buffet.

Ohana is our go to breakfast place! We love the food and the characters there! We have only done CP for dinner and it was good, not exceptional but we all found things we liked. I think breakfast sounds better and you will enjoy it, but definitely try Ohana for your next trip. It was fun, relaxing and (in my experience) more character interactive. As for character experience, CP felt rushed and impersonal in our trip. I know that is different for everyone so not something you should base a decision on.

I love both places! But i'd probably opt for CP because I love the food variety. Pooh's french toast and the breakfast lasagna are incredible! Plus I love the atmosphere, its very pretty inside. The characters are too cute...esp Tigger. He tried to play with my sons ipod. :laughing:

Food wise I think CP is better than Ohana. CP had way more options and Ohana is just blah. The food wasn't great at all the two times we went. It was just ok. However we prefer the characters more at Ohana. So guess depends which one is more important to you, characters or food?

We've done both, always first thing in the morning, so the wait was never an issue with that. Of the two, CP is the only one my family members ask to do again. Pooh and Friends are very special to me personally, my kids like them, and DH is just happy we're happy! There was nothing wrong with Ohana, but the meal was nothing special. The characters were the draw there, my oldest is a Stitch fan. Now for dinner, Ohana is the winner for sure!

Have you thought about maybe doing Garden Grill for breakfast on your Epcot day instead? The food was family style and the service we had was really great. Also classic Mickey, Pluto Chip and Dale, all great interations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter