Ok, I booked our package now some ?s

MickeysMommy

DIS Veteran
I made ressies for Mom and I to go down in September for both of our Birthdays and in celebration of my dad who passed away a month ago. This was a special place for just the three of us so Mom and I are going in honor of Dad.

I had her choose the restaurants she would like to go to for dinner on the DP.

9/13 Planet Hollywood
9/14 Coral Reef (Mom's Bday)
9/15 Brown Derby
9/16 Liberty Tree Tavern (My Bday)
9/17 Hollywood & Vine
9/18 Concourse Steakhouse
9/19 Rose & Crown

The only one we have been to is PH. But, I always thought you couldn't make and ADR for PH. Has that changed? If so, what is the # to call?

The other places we have never been to. What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

What a great tribute to your Dad.

You have some great choices, just keep in mind that the Brown Derby is 2 TS credits.

I don't know about ADRs at PH, sorry can't help there.

Looks like a good selection, though i would probably swap Le Cellier's with Concourse Steakhouse if it doesn't effect your tickets. It tends to get much better reviews.

Not sure on the PH ADR question.

I hope you and your mom have a great trip.

got2travel said:
What a great tribute to your Dad.

You have some great choices, just keep in mind that the Brown Derby is 2 TS credits.

I don't know about ADRs at PH, sorry can't help there.
Ok, thank you for pointing that out to me as I didn't realize that till just now. So, let me see. We are going 9/13-9/20 so how bout if we go to Rainforest Cafe the night we arrive and just pay for it and then use the two TS for the Brown Derby? Or am I all confused. Do I have a TS and a CS on the day I leave (the 20th)? If I did, then what I have in the first post would work right? I'm a little confused.

I get confused on points as well -

I just thought I'd mention that we didnt enjoy LTT for our birthday celebration (my mom and my dd)... we did however love 1900 Park Fair at the Grand Floridian!! It was a buffet meal, great choices, and I pre ordered a birthday cake and slippers(order at least 48 hrs in advance - do a search on birthday cakes on the restaurant thread lots of pictures, and phone numbers and info!!)

Since the Grand Floridian has a bakery , the cakes are fresh and delicious!!

I'm not going to LTT specifically for my birthday. It just happens to be the one that we decided to go to and it's my birthday.

Still confused about the credits though. Can someone help?

MickeysMommy said:
I'm not going to LTT specifically for my birthday. It just happens to be the one that we decided to go to and it's my birthday.

Can u even use the dining plan at planet hollywood i dont think so? But i know u get a voucher for a free meal there So if i was u get the free meal pay for the other meal ....And then use the TS that u didnt use there for the 2ts at brown derby.... And im gonna 2nd the idea of switching concourse steak house with le cellier ! Le cellier is just fabulous

MickeysMommy said:

The credits equal the nights of your stay - so what you have listed is correct (with the exception of the 2TS meal, but what you said about Rainforest will work.) Your credits will be good until 11:59 on the 20th, but you don't get credits for the 20th - did I word that so it makes sense?

We've never been to LeCellier, but Concourse was great & our most expensive meal on the plan.

Planet Hollywood was not on the dining plan in 2005, are you sure it is on there for 2006? Great news if it is!

Also have a great time on your trip, what a wonderful tribute! I would want my family to do the exact same thing in my honor.

You can use your credits in any way you want to. You could use all your credits in 1 afternoon if you so choose. We had leftover credits (even after giving a meal to another family) and hope you will have plenty.

Have a great time!!

angel's momma said:
The credits equal the nights of your stay - so what you have listed is correct (with the exception of the 2TS meal, but what you said about Rainforest will work.) Your credits will be good until 11:59 on the 20th, but you don't get credits for the 20th - did I word that so it makes sense?

We've never been to LeCellier, but Concourse was great & our most expensive meal on the plan.
I had to read it twice but I get it. The reason I didn't pick Le Cellier was that we were already eating at Epcot twice so we wanted something else. I hope Concourse is good :confused3

I don't know if this will help you at all at this point, but here is a link to the Disney Dining Brochure

Happy eating! (I love the dining plan. yummmmmm) And if you are doing Concourse instead of Le Cell b/c you don't want to go back to Epcot - have you considered Kona Cafe (at the Poly)? While the decor was lacking, my husband and I both really enjoyed our meals there, and got a decent steak. And the desert was FABULOUS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter