OK, it's official. We protest too much

I cannot unsee that! No one should wear such metallic colors!!!!!

But these would be okay.
design-usa-classic2.jpg

Since I actually know the woman who has organized the parade...

This has nothing to do with yoga pants, and everything to do with body shaming.

They are collecting personal hygiene supplies on the walk. It's amazing how much attention this has received!

They are collecting personal hygiene supplies on the walk. It's amazing how much attention this has received!
Exactly.

I'm okay with it.

And I feel like I need to clear something up... LEGGINGS AND YOGA PANTS ARE NOT THE SAME THING. Not even the straight-legged yoga pants. It's all in the fabric.

Whee!! - look at me in my yoga pants (or leggings or whatever) and shame on! Who in heck cares what some anonymous crank in the "comments section" thinks about anything? Seriously, people need to get over themselves :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Whee!! - look at me in my yoga pants (or leggings or whatever) and shame on! Who in heck cares what some anonymous crank in the "comments section" thinks about anything? Seriously, people need to get over themselves :rolleyes:

I see it the other way. Why complain about everything? Does someone wearing yoga pants hurt anyone? No. Keep your opinion to yourself and out of the paper, off social media, etc. Too many Grumpys in the world.

A famous Disney character said "If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all."

At this point protest marches/parades are so common, they're yawn worthy. Why don't people realize that protesting everything desensitizes people for the major issues?
This exactly! However, I think that it also depends on where you live. No one in, say, Miami Beach and all the way up the coast to North Lauderdale (probably even beyond that) would care less about any of this tight pants wearing - or walking down a street in a bikini.

Seems like it's perfectly acceptable to wear tight pants of any kind down here in South Florida :rotfl:
Whether it's acceptable or not could be debated, but that definitely appears to be the apparel of choice down here. Add the tight, short shirts & you've got an eye catcher for sure. :laughing:

Whether it's acceptable or not could be debated, but that definitely appears to be the apparel of choice down here. Add the tight, short shirts & you've got an eye catcher for sure. :laughing:

If I weren't so skinny, I'd be wearing leggings as pants!!

If I weren't so skinny, I'd be wearing leggings as pants!!
Skinny women in leggings is an improvement around here. :rotfl2:I'm not skinny at the moment & definitely won't be wearing leggings around town. :o Then again, I didn't wear them in public, before I recently gained 20 pounds. I do admire the women who have enough self confidence to wear what they want. As you know, there are many of them around here.

FWIW, I do wear regular yoga pants around the house all the time. They're extremely comfortable.

Skinny women in leggings is an improvement around here. :rotfl2:I'm not skinny at the moment & definitely won't be wearing leggings around town. :o

FWIW, I do wear regular yoga pants around the house all the time. They're extremely comfortable.

I wear leggings at home when it's cold (SouthFlorida Cold) - probably starting next month ! I have worn them to Publix for a quick run or drop the kids off in the morning (I only get out of the car at the daycare). But If I could GAIN 12 pounds, I'd wear them more places! And if I gained 20 , I'd be unstoppable !!!

At this point protest marches/parades are so common, they're yawn worthy. Why don't people realize that protesting everything desensitizes people for the major issues?
What major issues? There are no major issues any more -- someone is horribly offended by anything anyone says or does. There is no speech or action these days without offense.

"Movements" these days are laughable to anyone who has lived through real movements.

Today's "movements" are just someone wanting to "trend" on social media. "Ooooo...that's SO inappropriate!" (insert shocked selfie)

It's all just babble anymore -- which is too bad both for the people who actually have major issues, and those who would like to attach themselves to a legitimate cause.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter