• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ok, now I KNOW my next trip is too far away...LOL

ChrisMouse

DIS Veteran
I just ordered a package of dole whip mix and an ice cream maker so I can make my own dole whips at home.

:rotfl2:

Cheaper than plane tickets and whatnot, but still a little crazy.

:lmao:

I don't want this to look like a commercial :lmao: so mods please let me know if I can't post this link...

The site is www.UEC-Hawaii.com

I am COMPLETELY unoffiliated with this company that sells packaged softserve mix. :rotfl2:

I'm just your garden variety dole whip addict.

:rotfl:

I will post when my mix arrives and tell you all how it tastes!

I like the fact that you didn't just buy the mix, but the ice cream maker too. Now that's what I call on a mission!

I am sooooo buying some!:cheer2: Do you think you need a special machine to make it??

I just bought an ice cream maker that got good reviews on Amazon.

(and I also succumbed to the Ben & Jerry's ice cream recipe book, too :lmao:)

I am OUT OF CONTROL!

:rotfl2:

Guess I'd better get busy planning our trip for next May so I don't eat too much homemade ice cream.

I don't want this to look like a commercial :lmao: so mods please let me know if I can't post this link...

The link is fine, but since this isn't really related to theme park planning I've moved this thread to the Theme Parks Community board.

And just as an FYI, I've ordered the mix in the past. You don't need a special machine to make it. Any soft serve machine will do. And yes, it tastes just like the Dole Whips you buy at WDW. :)

Yay, thanks Brian!

Glad it works!!!

The machine I bought is a regular ice cream maker. Will that work?

Yay!!

The machine I bought is a regular ice cream maker. Will that work?

I've only used a soft serve machine, but I know people who have used regular machines who say they work fine, although the final texture is more like regular ice cream and not like the Dole Whips at the parks. There are a couple of videos on YouTube that show how to make the mix at home. One is by Ricky Brigante of the "Inside the Magic" podcast and another is by Coconut Wireless of the "Meandering Mouse Club TV" podcast. I believe one of them uses a regular ice cream machine. :)

Pineapple juice..half and half..ice..blender..mmmm..
then, boil some corn with milk, vanilla, cinnamin, and voila..magic kingdom..:cool1:

I live in southeast Michigan and saw a sign for Dole Whips at a FrostyQueen-type place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter