OK, SW fans, convince me (actually my hubby)

firecracker

never been tagged, but that's OK...I'm secure abou
Our kids love animals (2 dd, 7 and 6), but my hubby thinks Sea World is boring. We'll have an extra day in Orlando on our trip in early June.

Is it worth it to try to convince hubby? Are tickets expensive? Any chance for good discounts due to the economy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carmen
(firecracker)

Carmen, 1-day tickets at Sea World are the same price as the Disney and Universal 1-day passes. But if you want five reason to go to Sea World next month to convince your husband, here they go:

1. Free beer. This may or may not be a lure, but because the park is run by Anheuser-Busch its Hospitality Center has free brew samples.

2. Time. Have you gone to DisneyWorld.com and checked those June hours? Animal Kingdom closes at 5pm every night. Magic Kingdom, Epcot and MGM closing close to 9pm most nights. Sea World is open until 10pm every night.

3. Boring? Kraken is much more substantial coaster than anything in Disney World right now. Atlantis has a rushing surprise in the end.

4. Animals that you can actually touch.

5. Second day free! Unlike other Orlando parks, one day admission, processed on the way out at Guest Services gets you a second day free ticket (used within 7 days).

Wow, what does he think is boring?
When was the last time he was there?
It's changed alot in the last few years. Maybe he hasn't been in a while and can't justify the extra cost of the tickets.

The kids will love the play ground behind Shamu Stadium. They'll stay there for hours.
Let him go off and do the thrill rides while the kids are in the playground.
Tell him to get a few beer samples on the way. Then bring the kids over to the Key West area to feed dolphins and touch the sting rays. He can have another beer in this area while watching. Jimmy Buffett music playing, "feels" like Key West, kids feeding dolphins. What more would anyone want?

I love Sea World. I live in Miami and hate the beach. I dont eat or admire fish, sharks or other predators... But I fell in love with all the rest. The polars and penguins(take the tour that lets you touch a baby penguin for about $10 per person), the dolphin pool (you can pet/ feed them) and the Shamu, Sea Lion, and Dolphin shows. I enjoyed them so much, Ill be going back this time around. Also, its a lot less crowded (IMO) which leads to more relaxing :smooth:

I'm going for the first time in 10 years next week. But my brother - who has 2 DD's 8 & 6 - goes at least once a year and his girls LOVE it. If nothing else, that should bend your husband - his girls!

And if he goes and doesn't like it - being bored for one day for the sake of your family never killed anyone:p

I will tell you exactly why Sea World Orlando is the ONLY park, thats right, the ONLY park in Orlando that I go to EVERY year...

1) Kraken- I am a coaster enthusiast and this is one of my top coasters. It is the best coaster in the state of Florida, hands down. I know because I have riden every coaster in the state of Florida.
2) Free Beer - and the beer school. The beer school was a great time and even more free beer.
3) The Shows - On par with Disney shows, except the added bonus that the animals are the stars. You havent lived until you have laughed yourself silly at the Clyde and Seamore show.
4) The interactive animal exhibits - What other park is going to allow you to touch a dolphin and or a sting ray?
5) The other animal exhibits like the sharks, coral reef, sea turtles, seals, penquins, beluga whales, and the manitees.

Wow, has your hubby ever actually been to sea world? The park is outstanding...the food/souveniers are very reasonably priced.

And everything everyone else above me said...We love Sea World...when the kids were little we never missed this park during our vacations...now that the kids are grown and we travel alone...we still love Sea World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter