Okay, I Admit It...I'm CURSED!

Princess_Aurora

<font color=green>President of the Clueless Club..
I will never attempt to throw another party ever again. I'm just cursed when it comes to throwing parties. I think it started around my sweet 16th birthday party. I invited all my friends, they had plenty of notice of when and where the party would be, and only one person showed up. I didn't attempt another birthday party until my 20th. That one was even worse...no one showed up (picture me sitting in my apartment with the decoractions up and the food sitting out looking out the window just waiting for the people to show up.) And it's not just when I throw my own parties...I tried throwing my daughter a big 2nd birthday party. Only one of her friends from daycare showed up. But I still thought I would attempt it one more time. I was thinking since DS is my last child this will be my last oppurtunity to throw a first birthday party. I started planning 3 months in advance because I wanted everything to go just right. I sent out the invitation 3 weeks before the party so everyone would know to keep that day open. Well, a week before the party I started getting the calls that people couldn't make it. About 75% of the people that called to say they couldn't make it were saying they couldn't make it because of "car troubles". When I started to complain about everyone using that excuse, a couple of them changed their story to, "I don't have the money to come up." Well, we still had a handful of people coming. Then the day of the party comes and the weather forecast wasn't looking too good...a couple of more people called to cancel. Then my entertainment (one of those bounce houses for the kids to jump in) called to cancel. Apparently it was "too windy" to set it up...even though it wasn't all that windy where we were. So I was left with way less people than there were suppose to be (some people didn't even bother calling to cancel) and no entertainment and a lot of leftover food. I'm just cursed when it comes to throwing parties. So I give up. No more parties for me or my kids I guess.

{{{HUGS}}} I am so sorry that this has happened. I feel the same way about the parties I have had, but I know that doesn't help you feel any better.

How about moving closedr to Temple, TX and I will come....and bring my son :)

I know from where you come!

But don't give up! Have fun with those that show up!

I had a friend with whom I had lost touch with but because one of her daughters was born around Easter, nobody wanted to show up for the parties either. That one year, her brother phoned and asked if I would go to the party and surprise them. Well we've been hangin out ever since. Point: If they don't come, enjoy the company that does, and don't ever invite the others ever again! Less people, more money to spend on a more lavish party!

Don't give up!

Scratch
:smooth:

PS When I was a teenager, as a camp councellor, the people at the camp decided to throw me a surprise party. Yeah I was surprised all right! They forgot to invite me! From what I hear it was a wild one! Good thing I didn't get to go, a few of them got sent home!

{{{HUGS}}}}

Been there, and it's awful. Does nothing for your self esteem right.

Try and keep a chin up and know that if you invited us, we'd all come!

I know what you mean about parties not going the way you wanted. I've had that happen to my dd when she turned 6 years old. Only one of the kids she invited showed up and she was pretty disappointed.

I've been trying to prepare her in case a lot of her friends don't show up to her graduation party. It's hard to predict if even good friends will show up. Of course all of our family has already let us know they are coming so it will be a large party anyway but it's not the same as having a lot of friends there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter