okw/1st trip as members report!

Rozzie

DIS Cast Member
Well after reading several posts about how everyone enjoys trip reports I will retype this, I tried posting the day we got back, but my computer was on the outs. I got up this morning in a "missing WDW" mood, so this gives me great opportunity to visit in my mind! ;)

aug 8-14

Check-In----very fast, checked in on a monday. then again it was 0800. I balked at check in and blanked at what to request. We took the CMs advice on the peninsular area, and very glad we did! How nice was it to walk to HH and main pool, and then being first bus stop back on return from the parks.

Room---we had a studio, #2820, with a sliver of a golf course view. (spoiled us!) the room was so roomy, and clean. It appeared to be gently loved, which did not bother us at all. We loved the frig, microwave, and full size coffee pot. The studio was perfect for us, only DH and I. I can see having to add on when and if there are extra's, as a 1 bedroom would be nice on those trips.

Bus Service---I have to say first is that we are Poly lovers, and we both were a little nervous about joining DVC and not having the monorail. Well we never missed the poly. well we missed tonga toast and took a cab over one morning, but we were both very impressed with the bus service. the longest wait was only when we just missed one. Loved the boat service to DD. However, we will next time take a cab from DD. the wait there was outrageous only because it seemed every fellow OKWer was with us at the bus stop, as boat service was shut down that night.

Parks/Crowds---we went (first summer trip in 15 years! :earseek: ) knowing it would be slammed, but really discovered everything doable with a plan. We always always get to parks at opening and found the summers to be even more important to do this *of course*! we never waited in line more than 10 min. using TGM, even at middle of day. Soarin' was awesome, but to be honest, not worth the 100 minute wait time that was posted. A not miss with Fastpass, which were always gone it seemed by noon. TT we only got to do once, thanks to Tstorms and ride breaking down in between. One thing about summer I noticed is that there are so many people without A CLUE. I guess going in off season I don't see the stand in mainstreet crowd with 10 maps as much. gosh, it makes me think of how much people miss without planning. or at least reading the night before! JMO!!

Food--Ohana's is always a must do at Wishes for us, but we might skip it on our oct trip. Food and service a little down. We did a lot of counter service, especially in Epcot. Le Cellier was awesome of course. Tonga Toast as mentioned above is was great. How many Dole whips did we have? huh, pleading the fifth. DH and I talk about our dole whips all year long. :goodvibes

Final thoughts---We are so happy to have joined DVC, I wish *everyone say this all together now* we had done it sooner. the money to save! We toured SSR, yes we bought sight unseen. :smooth: and fell in love with it. can't wait to stay there in Oct. Talked to many people staying there, and everyone just gave outstanding reviews. We are really going to love being so close to DD, and our beloved Earl of Sandwich. :love:

SSR news---the wedding pavillon is coming along nicely behind The paddock's. Our guide brought up before I could ask about CR. Said it was a go. Do I believe him? Well I really really want to. He did say he expected it to sell out in 4-5 months when (if???) it hits the market. He did say SSR will have 2 sit down restaurants, and the first one will be really soon by the Turf Club. When I asked him again about this He said "do you really think we would build a place this big and not have a sit down?" made me feel better.
Gosh, the place is so nice.

OKW--Loved it, and really thinking about doing a add on here. We loved being secluded from the parks. DH said he felt like we was on vacation for the 1st time ever at WDW--instead of a marathon. I loved how OKW really invites you to sit and relax. wonderful place, hopefully we can say it is our other home very very soon!

sorry so long, hope no one fell asleep!!

In one word, OKW is "relaxing".

Glad you had a great time. What Epcot Counter Service did you use? We love the French CS and the Japan CS. Although they all seem to be great in their own way.

Thanks for the report!

CarnotaurDad said:
In one word, OKW is "relaxing".

Glad you had a great time. What Epcot Counter Service did you use? We love the French CS and the Japan CS. Although they all seem to be great in their own way.

Thanks for the report!

mexico CS and China CS are our favorites!! we will have to try Japan CS next time, we usually always do a sit down there. So many choices!! :goodvibes

I enjoyed reading your trip report.
Our guide brought up before I could ask about CR. Said it was a go.
Very interesting....

the room was so roomy, and clean. It appeared to be gently loved,
You are a "half full" kind of person! Great choice of words. :sunny:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent WDW trip. A couple fo years ago my sister & her daughter, my niece joined us at OKW I was a bit worried because they usually stay at a monorail hotel on the concierge level. They loved it! My sister said it was ssooo relaxing!

Rozzie said:
Check-In----very fast, checked in on a monday. then again it was 0800. I balked at check in and blanked at what to request. We took the CMs advice on the *****ular area, and very glad we did! How nice was it to walk to HH and main pool, and then being first bus stop back on return from the parks.

It's Peninsular. Don't forget that second "n" ;)

Thanks for the report!

DebbieB said:
It's Peninsular. Don't forget that second "n" ;)

Thanks for the report!

:rolleyes1 oops.....we really need a smiley showing someone wanting to hide under a rock!!! sorry for my horrible spelling!!!

Rozzie said:
SSR news---the wedding pavillon is coming along nicely behind The paddock's. Our guide brought up before I could ask about CR. Said it was a go. Do I believe him? Well I really really want to. He did say he expected it to sell out in 4-5 months when (if???) it hits the market.

OKW really invites you to sit and relax. wonderful place, hopefully we can say it is our other home very very soon!

You did a great job on your trip report; I loved it!!

Now, obviously, I have missed something :confused3 Can you please elaborate about the above statement? What wedding pavillion?

As an OKW owner, I agree about the invitation to sit and relax :goodvibes

Thanks again, for taking the time to share this with us!

WithDisneySpirit said:
You did a great job on your trip report; I loved it!!

Now, obviously, I have missed something :confused3 Can you please elaborate about the above statement? What wedding pavillion?

As an OKW owner, I agree about the invitation to sit and relax :goodvibes

Thanks again, for taking the time to share this with us!

well...for those who missed it...I mispelled peninsular and I got the famous **** from the DIS. :smooth:

they are building a really large wedding pavillion similar to GF behind the paddocks. Our DVC driver said that demand for GF was overwhelming them. supposed to be very nice. wow--I just thought of something--what a nice place for our vow renewal, at our home!!! :love:

Wow!!! I am in the early planning stages of a vow renewal in 2008 for our tenth anniversary :goodvibes How exciting to find out that I may get to have it at a WP on a DVC resort :love: Thanks for this info :sunny:

WithDisneySpirit said:
Wow!!! I am in the early planning stages of a vow renewal in 2008 for our tenth anniversary :goodvibes How exciting to find out that I may get to have it at a WP on a DVC resort :love: Thanks for this info :sunny:

wow our 10 year anniversary will be in 2008 also!!! kinda neat! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter