OKW and quick service with food allergies

disfan07

DIS Veteran
So we are not new to WDW...BUT....we are new to OKW eith food allergies and I have a question about the quick service place.

I have 12+ food allergies which include almost all of the major ones (peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, dairy, wheat, and shellfish). We stayed at POP in december last year and the chefs in the food court were wonderful. My favorite things were:

For breakfast: Allergy friendly waffles with bacon and potatoes (the waffle mix has to be namaste.....not bobs red mill)
For lunch/snack/dinner: allergy friendly chicken tenders with French fries and sautéed veggies

I was wondering these things are available at the quick service location. If not, I am guessing the Olivia's would be able to acco,late the breakfast request?

The problem is....honestly..not having the chicken tenders could possibly be a deal breaker. It's like the only time I ever get real chicken tenders and I would share an order of them with my dad every afternoon in december.

I really want to stay at OKW....but the food is a big consideration for us.

If anyone knows the answers to my questions that would be awesome. And if anyone has any general experience with the quick service restaurant and multiple food allergies that would be awesome as well. Thanks!

Okw does not really have quicj serve on the order of pop century. The counter service is a poolside snack bar with hamburgers and fries. Olivia's will probably be able to accomadate you, especially if you contact them in advance.

So we are not new to WDW...BUT....we are new to OKW eith food allergies and I have a question about the quick service place.

I have 12+ food allergies which include almost all of the major ones (peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, dairy, wheat, and shellfish). We stayed at POP in december last year and the chefs in the food court were wonderful. My favorite things were:

For breakfast: Allergy friendly waffles with bacon and potatoes (the waffle mix has to be namaste.....not bobs red mill)
For lunch/snack/dinner: allergy friendly chicken tenders with French fries and sautéed veggies

I was wondering these things are available at the quick service location. If not, I am guessing the Olivia's would be able to acco,late the breakfast request?

The problem is....honestly..not having the chicken tenders could possibly be a deal breaker. It's like the only time I ever get real chicken tenders and I would share an order of them with my dad every afternoon in december.

I really want to stay at OKW....but the food is a big consideration for us.

If anyone knows the answers to my questions that would be awesome. And if anyone has any general experience with the quick service restaurant and multiple food allergies that would be awesome as well. Thanks!

You would be better off purchasing the supplies you need to make your own meals in your villa than relying on Goods to Go or even Olivia's. It really is only a pool side counter service. Nothing like a food court at the moderates or value resorts.

Quick service at OKW is terrible. Menu/hours are very limited. You get your food and then sit in the sun and/or rain. I agree with Deb; buy food from GardenGrocer.com or a similar place and eat in the room.

Thanks. We need up deciding not to switch to OKW. The food available was a big decision. We want the kitchen mainly to store leftovers and alof my snacks need refrigeration but we don't actually really want to be cooking or anything besides maybe making a sandwich or something like that.

Maybe one day we'll try OKW but for right now it's not for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter