OKW and your retirement plans

When our OKW contract expires in 2042, I will be 82 and my DW 83. Our plan as of now is to get a place in the Lake Nona area and work PT at WDW if possible. My DW can't think of selling DVC, so my guess is we will keep it for the kids, but use it a little ourselves, too. Before then, it would be great to spend the worst of the winter in Florida. The winters in New England are getting longer, colder, snowier, and "grey-er" --- or maybe it just feels that way.

BTW -- I love this thread!!!!!

mac_tlc

Winters in Illinois are no better! Dream of the day of being able to retire in a warmer climate. We figure if we move some where warmer, our boys will become frequent visitors!

DH will be 88 in 2042 and I will be 85, so it is a nice thought of us still going to Disney and sitting on the balcony of OKW our home resort. We do 2 to 3 trips a year. Our kids are 26 and 22 and still vacation with us sometimes. Last year was our first trip to the world without them and we had a great time(don't tell them) It was different but enjoyable. I love the idea of spending a month or more at Disney when we retire. We also talk about moving down there once we retire. We are tired of our winters, cold and snowy. NE Pa can get quite cold and snowy. I like the idea of a week at OKW and then maybe the West Coast of Fl or Vero, and then back to OKW. I don't know if we have enough of points to stay a month or two straight. Maybe I should do an add on. :cool1:

My DH has always asked me if it would cost a "kabillion" points (haven't figured out how many a Kabillion is!!!) so that we could someday snowbird to WDW. Our winter this year was horrible and when the day comes when we retire, I don't want to drive or walk in snow and ice anymore, shovel snow, pay our high oil bills to keep warm and wear layers of clothing to keep warm.

We have a friend that works at WDW and he said that if OKW was ever converted to condos he would definitely buy one. It is a nice, quiet resort.

I have to figure out a way to do this!!!!!!

:goodvibes I love this thread too! Great to hear how many of us share the dream...Anyone living the dream care to share how you make it happen? How many points? Do you stay consecutive weeks or spend weekends elsewhere? Drive or rent a car? Who takes care of your 'other' house or pets? And, oh yes, for the couples out there, how to survive a STUDIO UNIT for weeks at a time without eventually throwing frying pans at each other? :rotfl2:

We have enough points to stay the almost the entire month of January in a one bedroom at OKW. Our plans are to do just that in January of 2012.

And, oh yes, for the couples out there, how to survive a STUDIO UNIT for weeks at a time without eventually throwing frying pans at each other?
That's why there are no frying pans in the studios.

We have enough points to stay the almost the entire month of January in a one bedroom at OKW. Our plans are to do just that in January of 2012.

That's why there are no frying pans in the studios.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter