• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW at 7 months?

Ambifins

Mouseketeer
Greetings everyone. OK, this may be picayune, but here we go. I was wondering how difficult it might be to book OKW at 7 months (Studio) for the first weekend in Feb (a weekend I consistently have traveled to WDW).
My home resort is Saratoga, and if I book at 12 months, I'd have to borrow from next year. If I book at OKW, my points will be exactly the amount I have left! (Not really a good reason, I guess, and I could always bank points after borrowing...ok, I'm getting confused).
Anyway, I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

Just so you know - once ou borrow the points - you can't bank them - they stay in the use year you borrowed them to. So you may want to re-think that! OKW is one of the bigger resorts, I can't say specifically for FEB what the availablility would be - but usually it seems like OKW and SSR are the 2 resorts that seem to have the most available the closest to the dates. Usua;;y unless you're looking for Spring break, December, or F & W Festival - you should be pretty safe calling for OKW at the 7 mo window - but no gaurantees! :flower:

I would be very surprised if you had trouble booking a studio for the first weekend in February at OKW at the 7 month mark.

It isn't Valentine's Day weekend, and it isn't President's Day weekend.

Weekends (Friday and Saturday) cost more than weekday nights and thus the weekend nights are easier to get.

You shouldn't have any problem getting what you want if yo call when the 7 month window opens.

Best wishes-

It's always been possible to book OKW at the 7 month window, with the possible exception of the famous first half of December (not sure, it's so busy all over DVC) or for a GV at some times. However, there's been speculation that with the increase in # of owners, that might change in the future. I don't think it's happened yet, though, so you shouldn't have trouble.

We booked a one bedroom at OKW for the Sunday through Thursday following Thanksgiving this year, and had no problem. I don't know if it was necessary, but I did call MS on a daily basis until I had all five nights booked. I would imagine your dates would be no problem :)

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter