• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Okw Bus Service

sm4987

<font color=deeppink>What us women do to be beauti
How is the bus service at OKW. Considering renting points from DVC member.

We always use the OKW bus service. The new dispatch system in place is working well and we experienced minimal waits on our trip last week.

Some prefer to use personal vehicles from OKW, but I've grown to enjoy letting someone else do the driving. Last week we had no waits more than 15 minutes and most were far less.

Travel to other resorts will require some extra time, since there is no direct bus service and you will need to transfer buses at any park or at DD. We like to think of the buses as another ride attraction and just make the most out the situation.

Enjoy the ride!

Old Key West busses typically run every 15-17 minutes during normal travel times, and could potentially run 25 minutes apart during the slow times of the day... (however, this is rare.)

Old Key West is not a very busy resort, and most times of the day, the busses are not crowded. Even during peak times, I rarely if ever have any one stand on my bus. During midday, the bus usually runs empty... with maybe 2-5 people at most per trip, if I'm lucky.

Another thing to note... there are 5 stops within OKW... the Hospitality House is the last stop for all busses except Downtown Disney.

Might add that it's not as busy "bus wise"--since a larger # of guests probably do use their own cars. Parking right in front of your own "home" is a very positive attraction..

We just returned two days ago from a stay at OKW. We went to three parks using the bus system. Our longest wait time was 8 minutes. We thought the bus transportation system was superb!

Chip 'n Dale Express
The early morning bus to Magic Kingdom last Sunday was packed. It was standing room only!

Glad to hear bus service was good.

The morning rush (mostly on weekends) is typically when the bus service gets the busiest for OKW. That, and right after the fireworks at a park close.

We were at OKW this past December and our bus stop was Old Turtle Pond. We didn't have any problems with the buses. I think the most we waited for a bus was around 20 minutes at the most.

OKW service was good for us last year, too. If you need to transfer to another resort, the boat to DD is a nice ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter