OKW Grand Villa at 7 mo for holidays?

twinsouvenirs

Mother of Dragons :)
Anyone ever snagged one of these? Alternatively we could do a SSR treehouse villa, but I think we may want the extra space of OKW. I am thinking post Christmas pre NYE, or just post NY.

OKW GVs are pretty high demand. holidays are a very high demand time.

nothing is impossible but i wouldn't count on any GVs being available at 7 months.

Do you think an AKV Savannah view GV would be easier or harder at 7 mo? I think the GV's that we can 'afford' are:

OKW GV 349
BWV GV 561
AKV GV 545
SSR TH 281 / GV 485

It is not necessarily the room size, it's the time of year. At 7 months out for time from shortly before NYE to about Jan 3 is very high demand time (you are talking second highest demand time of the year) and includes the highest demand night of the year, NYE. You might get lucky and find an AKV GV, OKW GV, or treehouse, but don't go into it with any high expectations. Also understand you might not even have back-ups to get. SSR GV will have a higher chance of being open along with other rooms at SSR and OKW and possibly even standard or savanna view at AKV, but you could be blocked out from most anything at BLT, BCV, BWV, VWL, and VGF.

It is not necessarily the room size, it's the time of year. At 7 months out for time from shortly before NYE to about Jan 3 is very high demand time (you are talking second highest demand time of the year) and includes the highest demand night of the year, NYE. You might get lucky and find an AKV GV, OKW GV, or treehouse, but don't go into it with any high expectations. Also understand you might not even have back-ups to get. SSR GV will have a higher chance of being open along with other rooms at SSR and OKW and possibly even standard or savannaq view at AKV, but you could be blocked out completely at BLT, BCV, BWV, VWL, and VGF.

We could snag an SSR GV or TH as a backup at 11 mo since we have points there--What about starting Jan 2nd or 3rd? Think that will open it wide up?

Starting Jan 3 or 4 will create a much better chance but then you have a different problem. In 2015 Marathon weekend will be Jan 10-11 which will make Jan 8 through 11 a high demand time and you may have issues pariticulary for an OKW GV because OKW is a top choice for many in the marathon group, probably better chances at AKV GV if you are intending to include beyond Jan 7.

Do you think an AKV Savannah view GV would be easier or harder at 7 mo? I think the GV's that we can 'afford' are:

OKW GV 349
BWV GV 561
AKV GV 545
SSR TH 281 / GV 485

Not a chance at AKV Jambo or BWV (well very slim anyways), and a better chance at AKV Kidani.

Maybe the second week in December would be more do-able.

What is the difference, practically, between Jambo & Kidani?

Second week of December is the third highest DVC demand week of the year (first week of Dec is the first; that Christmas to just beyond NY time is second)). Nevertheless,you might have some chance for a OKW GV then or one at AKV, but again don't go in assuming it is likely.

Jambo has six GVs, all one story, Kidani has 16 (2 of which are standard view) which are all two story. The Kidani GVs are very nice. However, every GV in the world palls in comparison to the single story ones at Jambo which have large porches, a pool table room, and a huge master bath with a jacuzzi tub from which you can watch a large HDTV on the wall. The Jambo GVs tend to disappear before the Kidani ones do.

Thank you for this info!

Another question for you brilliant DVC strategists:

How would I best go about maximizing the likelihood of making this happen?

I have VGF points & SSR points and could initially snag a THV at SSR to cover our bases at 11 mo. Either that or I could attempt a transfer for pts at OKW or AKV to get in before 7 mo. I'd rather not rent the AKV/OKW points and then rent the SSR or VGF to make the $ back because too much gets lost in the commissions, but I could do that if that is a good strategy.

You could transfer in points from another member at OKW or AKV and then you would have the 11 month window. Make sure the correct UY is what you transfer in and make sure you have as much as you want/need because there is only one transfer. What would you do with your SSR points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter