OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I've never found any real good place to see fireworks at OKW. Too many trees and buildings in the way. You can hear them, especially the ones for the marathon early in the morning, but seeing them is more difficult.

Plus only three buildings have elevators, most do not. The ones with elevators were added a few years later and are usually reserved for medical needs.

I have 4 small kids and will have 2 double strollers. I was hoping to be in one of the elevator buildings to have a view of - something. Will I have a decent chance if I request it?

Question...is the internal bus actually signed 'Internal'? I had no idea when dh asked me!

I know that OKW does not supply roll away beds; however, I was wondering if DVC resorts will supply pack n plays?

Yes there are pack n plays in every villa. If for some reason one isn't there just call housekeeping. No charge

Will the single bed chair fit through the doorway into the bedroom (1br)? DW and I are planning on taking the living room with our little ones (6, 4, 4, and 1 - in pack n play) in the bedroom.

That would be very, very difficult. That bed is very heavy and doesn't easily move. Even if you had some strong bodies to lift it, I'm not at all sure you could maneuver it into the Master BR.

We like Miller road, quick bus stop and only 3/10 mile to store and main pool. Been member for many years and love the total feel of OKW. We usually rent for about half our stay. Grocery shopping is main reason and maybe outlet mall one time. We get best rate we can find and at end of stay taken Magical Express back to airport.
New owner here. Is that in the HH booking category? I think that area looks very nice.

Will the single bed chair fit through the doorway into the bedroom (1br)? DW and I are planning on taking the living room with our little ones (6, 4, 4, and 1 - in pack n play) in the bedroom.
No, you won't be able to move that sleeper chair. DVC has asked guests not to move the furniture around, especially not to other rooms. You can bring your own airbed, but even then you are looking at filling up the bedroom and not having much room to walk around.

You and your spouse could take the king bed and set up one pack and play in the master. Then the three younger sleep in the living room on the sleeper sofa and sleeper chair. My son often slept on the sleeper sofa by himself when he was little.

Last edited:
New owner here. Is that in the HH booking category? I think that area looks very nice.
HH area is Bldg 11-14 (right across from the entrance to the HH) and Bldg 23-26 (right across the bridge from the HH). Miller's Road is non-HH area and includes 62-64 and 15-22.

I have 4 small kids and will have 2 double strollers. I was hoping to be in one of the elevator buildings to have a view of - something. Will I have a decent chance if I request it?
You can request a first floor villa. It would resolve all your problems. There are lots of views at OKW, not just those three buildings.

I agree with others, the chair really can't be moved.

We bring a twin air mattress with us each trip for our daughter (pack it in a duffle with a set of sheets as a checked bag) and put it along the window wall in the bedroom. There is plenty of room to walk around it.

She's our only child, so she could theoretically sleep on the chair or pull out sofa. But we like having the living room free for whoever gets up first. And so we can relax late at night after she's gone to sleep.

HH area is Bldg 11-14 (right across from the entrance to the HH) and Bldg 23-26 (right across the bridge from the HH). Miller's Road is non-HH area and includes 62-64 and 15-22.
Thank you! That area seems to be the best of both worlds -- some proximity without the higher booking category.

Anyone have a picture of the pack n plays??
We are staying in a 2 bedroom Villa are they spread out or in certain buildings only? When do you find out which building you are in..at checkin?
Thanks new to OKW :)

Thank you! That area seems to be the best of both worlds -- some proximity without the higher booking category.
Just to be clear, Near Hospitality House is a booking category so if you book that category you will be in one of those eight buildings. But, the points are the same regardless. No higher costs for HH.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, Near Hospitality House is a booking category so if you book that category you will be in one of those six buildings. But, the points are the same regardless. No higher costs for HH.

There are 8 buildings in the HH area. 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, and 26

Anyone have a picture of the pack n plays??
We are staying in a 2 bedroom Villa are they spread out or in certain buildings only? When do you find out which building you are in..at checkin?
Thanks new to OKW :)

You find out when you check in. All buildings have 2 BR units. It's a standard Pack n Play,

Does anyone know if OKW is having trouble or changed their online check in? When I was looking at it 2 weeks ago, it gave me street names, the duel bathroom, etc as options. Now it only gives me generic ones (first floor, near transportation, near water.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter