• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

If you're driving to WDW, I would suggest bldgs 23 to 26 for the near HH category, it has better parking than 11 to 14, where parking can get limited because the parking lot for HH is rather small-ish.

Thank you all for the info on here...Never before did I have the desire to stay here....Just figured that this place wasn't for us... Must be in the wording....But after looking at all the pics, and peoples reviews, we are staying here in the summer for 4 nights, and we can hardly )wait....

We did get a request near the HH, so from what I've seen, that would be a choice of 8 or 9 bldgs. , correct? Any thing else that I should put into my request that I am missing, or a view or specific bldg. or such?

Also, Is one of the places a quick grab and go for muffins/egg sandwiches/coffee/mug refill in the a.m.? T.I.A DizDad
Near HH isn't our favorite, but you will wind up in 11-14 (right across from the HH bus stop) or 23-26 (right across the bridge from HH).
Goods to Go is a counter service (small) at the main pool. Since all the DVC villas have either a kitchen or a kitchenette, it wasn't expected that they would need a larger counter service dining facility. But Olivia's is wonderful. We ate there four times in four days - one lunch, three breakfasts. Would have had breakfast there today, but our son didn't finish the marathon this morning until about 10AM and he needed a shower and we needed to get out by 11. They stop serving breakfast at 11.

Near HH isn't our favorite, but you will wind up in 11-14 (right across from the HH bus stop) or 23-26 (right across the bridge from HH).
Goods to Go is a counter service (small) at the main pool. Since all the DVC villas have either a kitchen or a kitchenette, it wasn't expected that they would need a larger counter service dining facility. But Olivia's is wonderful. We ate there four times in four days - one lunch, three breakfasts. Would have had breakfast there today, but our son didn't finish the marathon this morning until about 10AM and he needed a shower and we needed to get out by 11. They stop serving breakfast at 11.
This place is ONLY sit down though, Correct? Not that I mind it for a day or so, but in order to get out n about to the parks, I was looking for something quick to grab and head over to the Bus stop.

The bus stop by the HH is the last stop b4 heading to the parks though, right? And the 1st one one returning is which?

This place is ONLY sit down though, Correct? Not that I mind it for a day or so, but in order to get out n about to the parks, I was looking for something quick to grab and head over to the Bus stop.

The bus stop by the HH is the last stop b4 heading to the parks though, right? And the 1st one one returning is which?
Goods to Go has picnic tables outside to eat and you can just order food and it is provided in a box. You can't eat on the bus, though. Olivia's is table service.

The first stop returning is Peninsular Road, by bldgs 23 to 26. just across the bridge from Hospitality.

You can grab a quick breakfast at Good's to Go, it is a small counter service location. Here is a link to their breakfast menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/old-key-west-resort/goods-food-to-go/menus/

I do recommend trying Olivia's for breakfast at least once during your trip. The banana bread French Toast is awesome.

If you're driving to WDW, I would suggest bldgs 23 to 26 for the near HH category, it has better parking than 11 to 14, where parking can get limited because the parking lot for HH is rather small-ish.
Nope we're flying in late night staying for 4 nights

A friend just stayed in a newly refurbed studio last week. They said there wasn't any significant difference.

We're taking a family trip to OKW in May. I've been trying to research as much as possible but I could still use a little help.
I would prefer to stay near HH because we will have kids that are going to want to use that big pool. I booked a 1-bed villa straight through Disney last Summer. There was nothing that specified HH (no preferred rooms). Is there any way to get that area? I also think building 62 would work because it's right across the street (even though it's not technically HH). Has anyone stayed there? Do you have any recommendations? Should I ask for the 3rd floor, if I want a good view?

I realize that you shouldn't ask for a specific building number. How should I go about my request in order to get something near HH (or building 62)?

Also, we are a family that loves to play in the pool. A lot of the resort hotels have shallow pools. I read that the deepest one at OKW is 4.5ft. Is that true? Which pool here is the deepest?

Last edited:
Welcome to the DISBoard Elle :)

Near HH is a DVC guaranteed booking category, you can request it with a cash reservation, but it is not guaranteed, and will be iffy if you get an actual near HH room. Requesting would likely be your best bet, or requesting to be near Peninsular Road bus stop (across the bridge from HH) That might get you blgs 27 to 29. Bldg 16, 62, 63 and 64 are also good choices. I'm not a pool person, but I think the main pool is deeper, since it has a slide and a lifeguard.

We're taking a family trip to OKW in May. I've been trying to research as much as possible but I could still use a little help.
I would prefer to stay near HH because we will have kids that are going to want to use that big pool. I booked a 1-bed villa straight through Disney last Summer. There was nothing that specified HH (no preferred rooms). Is there any way to get that area? I also think building 62 would work because it's right across the street (even though it's not technically HH). Has anyone stayed there? Do you have any recommendations? Should I ask for the 3rd floor, if I want a good view?

I realize that you shouldn't ask for a specific building number. How should I go about my request in order to get something near HH (or building 62)?

Also, we are a family that loves to play in the pool. A lot of the resort hotels have shallow pools. I read that the deepest one at OKW is 4.5ft. Is that true? Which pool here is the deepest?
Remember that most of the buildings at OKW do not have elevators. So if you request a higher floor, you'll most likely be taking the stairs.

All the pools start at 3 feet in the shallow end and the deep end is 5 feet deep.

Remember that most of the buildings at OKW do not have elevators. So if you request a higher floor, you'll most likely be taking the stairs.

I've seen a lot room pics that only show foliage (no real views). Do you think the second floor would be better for having a view, without having quite as many stairs?

I've seen a lot room pics that only show foliage (no real views). Do you think the second floor would be better for having a view, without having quite as many stairs?
They might be. Or you might just be looking into a tree.

They might be. Or you might just be looking into a tree.

Lol. That's what I'm afraid of. I've finally convinced my parents to go this time And I really want them to have a good trip. My dad is the kind of guy that will sit on the patio for hours just "enjoying a cup of coffee." I'm really hoping for him to have something to look at besides a tree. I guess it's just luck of the draw.

2nd floor rooms do generally have better views than ground floor. But the best bldgs for view IMO are bldgs 45, 46 and 55, not near HH, but they have lovely canal views, Here is a view from a building 45 balcony I had on my most recent trip.

Some buildings have lovely views of the LBV golf course. Some of the buildings with heavily wooded views help protect the balconies from wayward golf balls. A golf ball hitting the side of your unit can sound like a small explosion.

Many, but not all, OKW buildings are only really two stories, with no room entrances on the 3rd floor. For many of the 3 story buildings, the 3rd floors are actually the second floor of Grand Villas.

24991018_1614495091944180_4743268094326264479_n.jpg

Last edited:
2nd floor rooms do generally have better views than ground floor. But the best bldgs for view IMO are bldgs 45, 46 and 55, not near HH, but they have lovely canal views, Here is a view from a building 45 balcony I had on my most recent trip.

Some buildings have lovely views of the LBV golf course. Some of the buildings with heavily wooded views help protect the balconies from wayward golf balls. A golf ball hitting the side of your unit can sound like a small explosion.

Many, but not all, OKW buildings are only really two stories, with no room entrances on the 3rd floor. For many of the 3 story buildings, the 3rd floors are actually the second floor of Grand Villas.

24991018_1614495091944180_4743268094326264479_n.jpg

Thank you! That is a lovely view and one I'm certain my dad would love.

Bldg 18, 35, 14 and 38 all have a one bedroom or studio on the third floor. We've been stuck in that studio twice. Plus two of the studios (there are four on the third floor) don't have a window, only a porch door. And that's the room we've gotten both times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter