OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Thanks! It looked like 15 to 17 would be a little quieter and the walk doesn't look bad at all. I'm in a one bedroom, but only two of us so both bathroom layouts will work fine. I think I'll go with that request.

Appreciate the advice!

Thanks! It looked like 15 to 17 would be a little quieter and the walk doesn't look bad at all. I'm in a one bedroom, but only two of us so both bathroom layouts will work fine. I think I'll go with that request.

Appreciate the advice!
Also remember that OKW has no elevators, except in bldgs 62. 63 and 64. ADA changed before those building were built. But the stairs are a pretty gentle rise of 1/2 flight, landing, 1/2 flight. So if you have any issues with stairs, be sure to request first floor.

I have to say after lots of stays at OKW, last Jan we were in a one bedroom in building 11, at first we said oh man we're stuck over here in the corner, but I have to say that was the quietest room we've ever stayed in. It was about a three minute walk to the HH, beautiful view of the golf course and we never heard a single bus. I'd request that building in a heartbeat.

I have to say after lots of stays at OKW, last Jan we were in a one bedroom in building 11, at first we said oh man we're stuck over here in the corner, but I have to say that was the quietest room we've ever stayed in. It was about a three minute walk to the HH, beautiful view of the golf course and we never heard a single bus. I'd request that building in a heartbeat.
Yes, but the person asking about quiet does not have a near HH reservation, and building 11 is in the near HH booking category. Personally, I never generally have a problem with noise at OKW, unless there is a private party going on at Typhoon Lagoon. The loud music tend to carry right up the canal, depending on atmospheric conditions.

We were thinking of trying to reserve a grand villa in November 2022. We would have to wait until May to reserve it, since it is not our home resort. Any idea what the chances of this happening are?

I think it depends upon WHEN in November. I think Thanksgiving Week the chances would be slim to none. You may find something earlier in the month. Remember that there are only 27 GVs at OKW, Also, if anyone in your party has an issue with stairs, you will absolutely need to book a Handicap GV. ONE GV in Bldg 48 has a ground floor entrance, 2 GVs in bldg 63 have entrances on the 2nd floor, with an elevator access. All others are second floor entry requiring a flight of stairs to enter. The GVs at OKW are lovely, I was in one for Thanksgiving week, 2021. We were in Bldg 63, as a person on our party had a scooter after shattering her femur earlier in the year. Just know that even in a Handicap GV, anyone in a wheelchair/scooter only has access to the first floor....the master bedroom, kitchen, living room and master bath, The other two bedrooms are up stairs.

We just rented OKW for December by renting points. Long time Disney vacationer but we have never used DVC

Can we request a room and when should we do that?

We will be in a standard studio. We would like closest to a bus stop, what is the best area,

If using UBER can they pick us up outside our room? or is it at the front like other resorts.

Thanks so much

I’ve also rented points for OKW beginning of December in a Studio and am glad I seen your post. These are the same questions I have except I was looking for close to HH as I’m going solo. Thank you as the answers will be helpful to myself as well.

So I’ve seen that the walk can be about 20 mins if you don’t have HH category but that’s a long walk to make all the time, lol. What I’m wondering is how often do the busses go around the resort? Also I’ve seen it mentioned that they transport you and your luggage to your room, how do they transport you and would they still do it if you are arriving without your luggage if you are doing a split stay. Sorry for the questions this is my first time staying DVC, I’m used to POP.

What I’m wondering is how often do the busses go around the resort?

The thing is that all of the buses (at least for the parks - not 100% sure of Disney Springs buses - but ask the driver) stop at the HH on the way out, so it's not tough to grab one.

Also I’ve seen it mentioned that they transport you and your luggage to your room, how do they transport you

golf cart usually.

So I’ve seen that the walk can be about 20 mins if you don’t have HH category but that’s a long walk to make all the time, lol. What I’m wondering is how often do the busses go around the resort? Also I’ve seen it mentioned that they transport you and your luggage to your room, how do they transport you and would they still do it if you are arriving without your luggage if you are doing a split stay. Sorry for the questions this is my first time staying DVC, I’m used to POP.
The length of walk will really depend. Millers Road and Peninsular Road (4-7 mins) will be the closest to the Hospitality House, followed by Old Turtle Pond and then South Point will be the farthest. Buses come frequently. Any park bus or Disney Springs bus stops at the HH before leaving the resort and you can catch any of those to get there. There is also an internal bus but I don’t know how often it runs. Bell Services has golf carts that will transport you and your luggage to your room. If you’re doing a split stay, I believe they’ll deliver your luggage if you call them once you get to your room. Have a tip handy!

The length of walk will really depend. Millers Road and Peninsular Road (4-7 mins) will be the closest to the Hospitality House, followed by Old Turtle Pond and then South Point will be the farthest. Buses come frequently. Any park bus or Disney Springs bus stops at the HH before leaving the resort and you can catch any of those to get there. There is also an internal bus but I don’t know how often it runs. Bell Services has golf carts that will transport you and your luggage to your room. If you’re doing a split stay, I believe they’ll deliver your luggage if you call them once you get to your room. Have a tip handy!

Ok thank you. Just wondering something regarding room requests, I've been advised that the owner would need to submit them however I have the option in MDE to request like I normally do, will that not do anything?

Ok thank you. Just wondering something regarding room requests, I've been advised that the owner would need to submit them however I have the option in MDE to request like I normally do, will that not do anything?
If what you want is listed, that’s fine. Unfortunately, many times the options in MDE aren’t comprehensive and don’t include what people want, and sometimes they’re downright stupid (wish I could remember an example, but I can’t right now!).

You can request the areas that are in MDE. It’s not guaranteed but they’ll honor your request if they can. I rented points before I owned and have usually gotten my requests. The only thing you can’t request is the HH location as that’s a separate room category and the owner has to do that.

Does anyone know which deluxe category has more inventory? The ones near the hospitality house or the ones further out? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter