• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Question From A Renter

nym4588

Mouseketeer
I am renting points through David's for a 9 night stay in an OKW studio. The actual reservation says "Deluxe Studio - near Hospitality House." Does this mean we're actually booked into the HH category or that the owner simply requested something near it?

My main reason for asking is I'm concerned about the likelihood that we'll get a handicap accessible studio. I'm certainly willing to accept it if nothing else if available (I know that they have to be filled by someone), but I'd like to reduce the chances of getting one. I've had some back problems and the low beds would create some difficulty for me.

I'm worried that being booked into the smaller HH category means that our chances of getting a HA studio will be worse than if we were booked into the much larger remaining section of OKW.

Do you think it would be better (if it's even a possibility at this point) to ask to be lodged outside of the Hospitality House area?

Thanks...and I hope that all made sense!

I don't know it works with David's, but when I make reservations I make a specific request for a non HA room. Maybe you could see about adding that request to your reservation somehow?

I would say the wording on the confirmation you have indicates you are in HH area since it is a specific booking category.

It means you are booked in that category, near the Hospitality House. The beds in a HA studio are exactly the same as the other beds in the resort. The difference with a HA studio is the lack of a cabinet under the sink in the bathroom and a roll in shower instead of a tub (when I am assigned a HA room I ask the front desk to have housekeeping send me at least 4 extra bath mats to cover the bathroom floor as it will get totally soaked during every shower). If you have requested a first floor room then you might have a higher chance of a HA studio but if that is not a request then I doubt you have a better chance of getting an HA studio. I have stayed HH twice and neither time in a HA studio (but both higher than 1st floor). I have stayed nonHH five times and 2 of those times we had HA studios and both of those were on the first floor. I have not had a first floor studio that was not HA- I am sure there are some non-HA studios on the first floor but we have not gotten one yet. I have never made a request when staying at OKW so I don't know how that balances out with other things.

Thank you both for your input! I think what I'll do is contact David's and ask for an upper floor/non HA request be added to the reservation.

"Near HH" category is Buildings 11 - 14, 23 - 26. Of those buildings, only 13, 23 and 26 have HA villas and all are on the first floor. Buildings 11,12,14,24, and 25 do not have any HA villas.

I'd suggest keeping the request as simple as possible - upper floor as there are no HA villas on an upper floor except for Building 63 (which has an elevator).

If you really want to improve your chances, just see if David's will rebook a non-HH villa for you, but in all likelyhood you should be fine with the upper floor request.

Good luck! :)

Thanks Webmaster Doc :). I'm going to give David's a call later this afternoon. I spent the morning booking dining reservations and I think a nap is in order before doing anything else. Vacation planning makes me sleepy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter